New intro videos?

Posted by elio 
New intro videos?
Date: September 20, 2009 10:33PM
Posted by: elio
hi

have any of you guys ever managed to make replacement videos for the intro to GP3 or GP4, or the videos that come up when get get pole or whatever?

I have tried to do it using BINK video with RAD tools but I can only get pictures and no sound.

Any tips? Or even better, if any of you have done it please tell me how you did it.

Many thanks

ELIO
Re: New intro videos?
Date: September 21, 2009 12:42AM
Posted by: roar
Well, I did a couple of videos and I didn't experience any problem at all.
I arranged videos using Windows Movie Maker, exported them as .wmv files and then I converted them with Bink of RAD Tools.
Probably, but this is only a guess, you could have problems with codecs or just play around with "compress audio" switch in the main screen of Bink.

Bye

ROAR
Date: September 21, 2009 04:08AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hope you'll find something interesting here:

[tmp.grandprixgames.org] ;o)

Otherwise, I didn't experience any problem with the videos I made, as Roar.
I used Windows movie maker, Power director and now, I'm using Vegas movie studio.I always convert the music and the sounds to MP3 and I save the video into .wmv file before to convert it with RAD Tools.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2009 12:18PM by Excalibur.
Date: September 21, 2009 11:17PM
Great! I'll give those ideas a try. Thanks.

Elio
Date: September 22, 2009 09:05PM
I have tried various ways and still can't get sound on the video in the game. Outside the game the BIK file will play the sound. Would you do me a big favour by telling me the settings you had in the programme. Maybe a screen dump picture to email to proethenbaugh@hotmail.co.uk

Big thanks!!
Date: September 23, 2009 12:11AM
That's really strange. It seems you've got a problem with GP4 instead of RAD Tools, otherwise music wouldn't play opening the video itself. Or it could be something with Windows mixer.
Anyway here there are my Bink settings:

Bye

ROAR
Date: September 23, 2009 03:30AM
roar ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's really strange. It seems you've got a
> problem with GP4 instead of RAD Tools, otherwise
> music wouldn't play opening the video itself. Or
> it could be something with Windows mixer.
> Anyway here there are my Bink settings:
> [i235.photobucket.com]
> pace_stuff/th_Immagine2.jpg
>
> Bye
>
> ROAR

Same settings than Roar for me, too.. So the problem may comes from your audio settings in game.

1 -But 1 question: Did you rename correctly your bik file? for the intro, the file must be named like this: GP4_Intro.bik
I guess it is ok, otherwise, you would see nothing on the screen when you launch the game.
2- Did you check your settings in GPxPatch: "GpxSound" settings?
3- Did you check your Sound options settings in the menu of the game?
4- Did you try with another bik file? Do you get sound?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 23, 2009 11:10PM
thanks ROAR for the extra detail. i ought to say i am doing all this in gp3, not sure this makes a differance ...
asked you gp4 chaps cos i thought you'd know.
Date: September 23, 2009 11:13PM
1 -But 1 question: Did you rename correctly your bik file? for the intro, the file must be named like this: GP4_Intro.bik - NAME IS OK
I guess it is ok, otherwise, you would see nothing on the screen when you launch the game.
2- Did you check your settings in GPxPatch: "GpxSound" settings? WHAT SETTING RELATES TO BIK?
3- Did you check your Sound options settings in the menu of the game? MUSIC IS SET TO ON, WHAT ELSE?
4- Did you try with another bik file? Do you get sound? THE ORIGINAL BIK FILES WORK FINE
Date: September 24, 2009 12:21AM
elio Wrote:
> thanks ROAR for the extra detail. i ought to say
> i am doing all this in gp3, not sure this makes a
> differance ...

Ah, this could be the problem, but I'm not sure about this.

Bye

ROAR
Date: September 24, 2009 03:41PM
elio ecrit:
> 4- Did you try with another bik file? Do you get
> sound? THE ORIGINAL BIK FILES WORK FINE

Oh ok, so, it is just with the sound of the bik file...

I don't know if there is a difference between GP3 and GP4 concerning the sounds... Hmmmm,load your original bik file with RAD Tools and click on the file info to see the properties of the audio file (frequency, bitrate).. Then, load your bik file and see if there are differencies concerning the audio settings....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy