Nick Court: Can you sleep?

Posted by Boomy 
Re: Nick Court: Can you sleep?
Date: September 13, 2002 02:45AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
There will be another patch if they have one planned. We not going to change a thing by emailing them or whatever.....just sit back and enjoy the game until then

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 13, 2002 04:56AM
Posted by: Boomy
You can always avoid to sign things called petitions,that are developed just for these situations,when customers rights are quitted.

Maybe you played games that have patched only from succesfully petitions in the past,but this fact seems don't care you.....

boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 05:04AM
NO no no, I DO care. I want another patch. But I've stated my reasons many times as to why its pointless. Especially now Microprose UK has been shut down by Infrogames.....from that actionalone I think you can tell whose fault gp4's buggyness is.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: September 13, 2002 05:10AM
Sorry about my ignorance,but when IG quitted Micrpprose?

Thanks

boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 05:11AM
Trevor just posted earlier today about it. No more patches.....?

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: September 13, 2002 05:32AM
Now I have just read the article!

Terrifying!!!!

I can still remember how many hours of great games I passed with Microprose titles...Civ.....MP Soccer...GP series....

We have to find official IG comunications about that and of course about the patch.

Boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 05:41AM
Posted by: mortal
Well thankgod for that news, maybe now this ridiculous thread is closed. And if anyone has crashes to desktop issues perhaps it would be wise to look hard at why this could be instead of waiting for a fix that we all knew would never materialize. There are many users whose systems do not crash to the desktop. Therefore it could be said that the fault lies perhaps not with the game version but the system attempting to run it ;-) Look at your os, look at your drivers, etc. etc. ad nauseum. There are numerous posts on crashes to desktop, just ask "searchbuttonman" ;-)
Date: September 13, 2002 05:47AM
You are happy about Microprose closure?

You are happy about the missing patch?

You can change forum,or have a medic visit as well

Boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 06:15AM
Posted by: Arbiter
Hear hear: Remember that these users will not shout loud about it, and therefore you will get the impression that the game IS running like it does to the ones with "not so well tuned systems" Cause these will be the shouters. Find solutions, similarities in configs etc. This forum will then be worth a bit more. I recognize that there are bugs, and I do not want to be bombastic. OK guys?
Date: September 13, 2002 06:45AM
We are approaching a kind of peace,don't warry.

You know,last events related to patch raised flames between GP fans :)

Boomer
Date: September 13, 2002 06:48AM
Posted by: mortal
Look, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm just as unhappy as the next bloke with GP4's premature release but I'ts fair to say that it all comes down to money, our money, IG @!#$ themselves when ea's f1_2002 hit the market so they released what was and has been proven to be an untested, unfinished, full of bug's product. Combine that with the latest company selloff and it becomes all to apparent that IG were only in it for a quick cash grab, our cash by the way. As for users shouting it all falls on deaf ears, forum users here since gp2 have been shouting and to what effect, nada, nyente, zero, zilch, sfa, you get the picture. We all know it doesn't run well, but if you are a serious enthusiast and you are prepared to make an effort it can be done. IG have got your money, probably even spent it by now, make the best of it ;-)
Date: September 13, 2002 07:18AM
Well said Mortal.....that's what I've been trying to say in this thread

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: September 13, 2002 05:57PM
Posted by: dave
Thats right. The best way forward now is for the Forum to help itself. I have been here since GP2 and everyproblem I have fixed has come as a result of someone on the Forum solving it.

Date: September 13, 2002 07:27PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Yes and I am eager to see how the forum will fix crashes to desktop...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy