GP3 and GP2 to GP4

Posted by IWE 
GP3 and GP2 to GP4
Date: July 21, 2009 05:42PM
Posted by: IWE
Dont ask me why, but I did it.. ;)

Still some fine tuning left (scaling, naming parts,..) and its ready to roll. Mapping is bit crappy and car might be bit stretched, but it will be released if there is enought interest. It should look pretty ok with original tires and stuff of GP4. If its not worth of putting in GP4 then atleast GP3 people can show their liveries also outside of the game.

Also this model would be possible to throw in for some retro action.. Just dunno if Im able to make these tires to work in Gp4.

Damage model doesnt reach same level as original models have, but both cars can lose wings, nose and suspension exactly like original cars. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Re: GP3 and GP2 to GP4
Date: July 21, 2009 05:51PM
Posted by: msater
Cool!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 21, 2009 06:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Date: July 21, 2009 06:39PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Nice idea man :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 21, 2009 07:15PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
how about the gp1 model? ;)

Date: July 21, 2009 07:18PM
Posted by: Gigi4
they are way too accurate to be converted on GP4

Date: July 21, 2009 07:19PM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
Cool stuff, never played GP2 but I heard it was an amazing game ;)
Date: July 21, 2009 07:45PM
Posted by: Addicted On GPXSeries
Very interesting idea!
It is worth as an exercise of curiosity!
It's good for those who doesn't knows GP2/GP3!
F33LTH3FORC3,GP2 is a great game!12 years i own this game now!
Date: July 22, 2009 07:20PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Very, very cool!

GP2 is great game in your time!

I love it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: July 22, 2009 10:28PM
Posted by: JPM2002
LOL, is it me, or does the gp2 car look uber-cool??? Are you also going to convert the high nose variant?
Date: July 23, 2009 12:10AM
Posted by: IWE
Lol. Yeah high nose version is also beeing "converted". Because of way how gp2 and gp3 are made it is not possible to convert those with any existing tools (am I right or just stupid because of using time to make those shapes? :P), so shapes are 100% made from scratch. Finished the gp3 shape earlier today. Still havent tested it..

And then the big guestion. Is it bit rude to convert everything possible what can be used from these old games (menu pictures, helmet textures,..)? Opinions are welcome. Theorically it is easy to put into gp4 any car texture wich is made for these old games, but if beeing realistic who wants to do all that work? Personally atleast I would prefer just to open CSM and play if I feel retro. Also "template mod" might be one smart option.. :P

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 23, 2009 12:14AM
Posted by: Nickv
Can't you map the car in such a way that GP2 car bitmaps are shown correctly on the cars? That way you could just put every livery on the car without problems.
Date: July 23, 2009 12:44AM
Posted by: F33LTH3F0RC3
Would be cool if you did a CSM mod of it as I never played GP2 so a GP4-GP2 and GP4-GP3 mod could be fun ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy