Weather problem

Posted by Jace 
Weather problem
Date: July 18, 2009 06:25PM
Posted by: Jace
I am trying to start a Championship Season with Custom Weather & rain probability set to 0% but when I exit the race options screen it defaults back to Realistic. I see this concern has been raised on this forum before but with no solution. I have both the official and decrypted patches installed. Doing my head in.
Re: Weather problem
Date: July 18, 2009 10:54PM
Posted by: F1Alive
Well on the main menu make sure it has championship there not a single weekend selected, then go the the weather options and set rain prob. to 0. If that dun work then just override the ingame weather using gpxpatch under the GPxSet tab, session settings...before you start the game?
Date: July 19, 2009 02:00AM
F1Alive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well on the main menu make sure it has
> championship there not a single weekend selected,
> then go the the weather options and set rain prob.
> to 0. If that dun work then just override the
> ingame weather using gpxpatch under the GPxSet
> tab, session settings...before you start the game?

Yep, done that. If I select non championship or single race I can set the weather to custom no problem, but not championship season. I don't have gpxpatch installed.

I did have gpxpatch on the previous installation of GP4 and I know the setting you mean. I set the gpxpatch weather setting to custom but in game the setting would still default to realistic.
Date: July 19, 2009 05:37AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
or just drive on wet from time to time .... is always cool. That's what formula one is all about, dealing with everything... including even the weather conditions... give it a try... i always enjoy driving for example 3 rd, and with 10 laps to go it starts raining, everyone pits... and i try to stay out on dry's or the other way around.
anyway , cant help you in any other way... happy racing from BG ;)
Date: July 19, 2009 02:01PM
I'm pretty new to the game so I want to spend time driving with no rain until I get the hang of things.
Date: July 24, 2009 09:03AM
Can anyone shed any light on my predicament? Please
Date: July 24, 2009 01:51PM
Posted by: msater
I think it's just a bug in the game - as far as I know, there is no way of sorting this out unless we decode the GP4.exe, and that is a massive job.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 24, 2009 02:20PM
msater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's just a bug in the game - as far as I
> know, there is no way of sorting this out unless
> we decode the GP4.exe, and that is a massive job.

Ok. If any of you fellas have a chance, can some of you confirm that this may be a bug by trying to start a Championship Season with custom weather. Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy