Do you often play GP4 with 100% laps?

Posted by skyline86 
Re: Do you often play GP4 with 100% laps?
Date: July 11, 2009 05:41PM
Posted by: MrRace
SkaaningeN schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I drive 55% races, and make my own championship
> with non-championship races. Then write down the
> results and count the points myself. But that
> also, takes maybe a couple of days per race

I do nearly the same. I drive 100% races with F1 Mods. I create a season with non-championship races and every season has a name: Winterrace, Springrace, Easterrace, Mayrace, Summerrace (actually from 21.6 till 11.9.09), Fallrace and Winterrace. I changed original driver names to names of family and my friends. I write down the results in Excel for each season and have some statistics too. I had this idea in Summer 2001 and till today I drove nearly 760 races! Only in 2006 and 2007 I can't play GP4.

Since Summerrace 2008, I installed GP2 2005 Mod and drive races with 50% distance.

My race calender uses tracks from GP4 and GP3 too. The longest season is now with 83 races! But sometimes between 20-30 races, in winter and summer a lot more.

For GP2 I changed original names to family and friend names too and drive the same season like the F1 Mod whitout GP3 races, so the GP2 Season of summerrace 2009 has about 50 races.

And then it goes like this: First I drive a GP2 race on the track, then with Formula One - like the real life, GP2 Series is part of the european F1 GPs.

Before march 2008, I drove the races with hot seat mode and all 22 players. Since then I "watch" the races in TV mode, 0 selected drivers. So I can do some other things in this time or watch the full race.
Date: July 11, 2009 06:19PM
Posted by: ___Flanker___
Always 100%
Date: July 11, 2009 11:29PM
Posted by: Atticus.
interesting topic!

usually i just drive some quickraces for fun (5%).

but every once and a while i do a whole weekend. i start with a free practice to get the correct setup. (this usually takes longer than the race itsself!) then i head to non champ race start quali and race on 100% race distance on ace difficulty with keyboard. (i have a steering wheel too but im too lazy to set it up :p)

oh and one more thing which i think is very important if i want to be fully realistic. i always drive the race in one day and in one stint without interruption because for me it takes time to accustom to the game. i mean if i load a game on lap 26 i will surely mess up lap 27 because i just cant find my pace. on ace it matters a lot.

fav races were silverstone and interlagos but this is another story... :p
Date: July 13, 2009 07:39AM
Posted by: skyline86
Can anyone give me correct time period of Friday, saturday practice, qualifying and warm up? I don't know how to set as real.
Date: July 13, 2009 07:50AM
Posted by: F1Alive
lol well I didnt look at realism I just set pracs to 30 mins, qaul to an hour, and warm up to 15 mins...
Date: July 13, 2009 09:05AM
Posted by: carbon
I allways play 100% lap race. In championship race, non-championship race, quickrace...allways 100% laps...it is the best way to enjoy F1 race with pitstops strategy, failures etc.
Date: July 13, 2009 09:20AM
Posted by: skyline86
I feel i can't sit and driver F1 car with my logitech momo racing wheel in 100% laps. It easy make me don't have focus. I'm often save at first pit stop, and will play again in tomorrow.
Date: July 13, 2009 03:43PM
Posted by: Bruce D
I remember when I had GP1 I used to not only race 100% distance but drive every car too - hotseating between them twice every race. Did whole championships like that. Can make interesting results. Never tried it on anything higher than GP1, maybe I should give it a go again some time.
Date: July 13, 2009 05:43PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
sometimes, but i do more 'director' races at 100% than those with myself driving

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 13, 2009 08:26PM
Posted by: Jithendra
the last time i tried full length race.. i fell asleep

Date: July 13, 2009 10:09PM
Posted by: Ronage
Always 100%

I drive my races on the same day like the pros. 2 hours before the real race i start my race with gp4. of course on the same track. i pause the game to make screenshots or to watch a replay. when the real thing starts, i stop my race and watch the real one on tv. when it gets boring i continue with gp4.

normaly i finish my race one hour after the real one finished. i never save so it happens often that after a mistake (mostly a loss of concentration) my race is finished.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 10:12PM by Ronage.
Date: July 13, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: MARSALA
man it has to be 100%
Date: July 14, 2009 01:03PM
Posted by: F1Alive
As you may or may not know, I use my a special physics file and 130% grip in gp4tweaker! So like I can do 1 min 08's at Silverstone, so 100% race distances aren't so long for me. :) lol
Date: July 14, 2009 08:10PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
From 2002, starting with Grand Prix 3, every GP weekend, 100%, non-stop, no pausing, or saving. =) Would spend a bit of extra time at the circuit setting the cars up. Tried to mimic a F1 driver as best as I could. =)

Its the only way to play a F1 game! And its the closest I'll ever get to racing along F1 drivers! =P

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy