Question on running GP4 Maxed out (Updated top of Pg.1 on Feb. 24th, 2009)

Posted by Renault#1Fan 
vista? you will have +-35% less performance (in GP4) than it was under windows xp... replace the system :p

EDIT: to have an idea on xp sp2 with all updates could get 60fps with my PC... in vista business sp1 with all updates only 41fps maximum

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 11:03AM by phantaman.
Damn, OK thanks for the info.
Well I run GP4 under Vista. There is no problem with it. But as I heard that the game should run better under XP, I have installed it on my computer. The result is the same.

I've got an AMD Processor sempron 3500+, 1,8Ghz, 3,5 Go Ram, and a Nvidia 8600GT graphic card.

The problem with GP4, as said above by Atticus, is the processor. With the last updates, cars, tracks etc....the computer can't handle full races with lods 0 and high res textures during 120 minutes... The PO is overloaded from the middle race until the end.

So, I think that you need at least a 3Ghz processor.

Personally, I had to reduce all the lods of the 2008 F1 cars and played with Mid res textures (1024*1024) to find a compromise between quality and speed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 02:12PM by Excalibur.
Thanks but I just found out that the Acer Aspire X1200 is a compact computer and the 9800 won't fit.
My performance on a 1.8ghz dual core with an 8600gt was always 30fps maximum on most tracks and high res textures but no mirrors, some higher res tracks and cars from 2008 made the game stutter, especially when first loading the track, i thought it was because i needed a better cpu, but i think it was cos video card had only 256meg rar, i now upgraded to a 1gig 9800gt and can run the same cars and tracks at 60fps no slowdown. Video card ram seems to make a big difference as you can see how big the textures are in the tracks and cars, add them all up and you see you need quite a bit of vram.
If it's New Systems, GP4 runs Damn Smooth in Vista than the Windows XP. B'coz the Vista is optimized for new Hardware only. Not the Hardware before 1 and half year came to market where they doesn't support natively.

So those who are running old hardware with Vista (Though Drivers Support their hardware) will face trouble to run GP4 smooth and will see much slowdown in Vista when Compared to XP.

I am running GP4 in 64bit Vista Ultimate with (compatiblity ON to windows XP SP2). I see much better results than XP with my current System. (Honestly Faced few problems before compatiblity ON like GAME won't start,sooo).. BTW PO never reached over 85% with all maxed out. Including (16AF , 8 AA)with supersampling on.

Intel Quad Core Q9550( to 3.5GHZ) with RAMPAGE Formula ,4GB 1066mhz and with Nvidia GTX 285. GP4 ran smooth before OC too.

GP4 is dependent on BOTH CPU and GPU. Not entirely CPU , i don't agree with ones who says it just needs CPU powerful.

TO original thread starter, Your spec's is more than enough for GP4. with just little tweaking in graphics Files will run all maxed out.
If your buying with Vista, i am sure it will run smooth, no worries. for more than 4GB use 64BIT OS.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
sunil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP4 is dependent on BOTH CPU and GPU. Not entirely
> CPU ,

I agree but Gp4 runs better with a 2 core processor than a 4 core one.

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
most games run better on dual than quad, theres only a handful of games and programs that are optimised for quad, ive just upgraded my pc and stuck with dual core, getting great performance out of it too.I installed vista and got a po of 300 on gp4 lol, went back to xp and still everything maxed out with a po of 50 at the start of the race from the back of the grid.

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
J-C Wrote:
> sunil Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > GP4 is dependent on BOTH CPU and GPU. Not
> entirely
> > CPU ,
>
> I agree but Gp4 runs better with a 2 core
> processor than a 4 core one.

J-C, No matter the Cores, GP4 Only USES 1 core. So can't say it better than the other.

LWC Wrote:
> most games run better on dual than quad, theres
> only a handful of games and programs that are
> optimised for quad,

That's before 45nm. When Quad with 65nm ,YES games are better with Dual Core.

But not with 45nm, Games are way better than DUAL CORE. example, q9770,q9550,etc and Most importantly iCore 7.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
As I said above. I play under Vista 32bits and try with XP SP2. The performances were the sames (24 fps max on both OS). I start the race with 55 fps but at middle full race (or from my first pitstop), the PO increase until the end of the race to 110 or 120 %, whatever I run under Vista or XP... So, the CPU is more important, I think.

But now I have reduce the lods I think I'll have the same performances but my CPU could hold with a 70% PO max during a full race.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 06:10PM by Excalibur.
sunil Wrote:
> But not with 45nm, Games are way better than DUAL
> CORE. example, q9770,q9550,etc and Most
> importantly iCore 7.

If you use that for GP4 What a waste of money on that
because 1 or 2 core processor more than enough for Gp4.:)

Nope mate , it's not waste of money b'coz though Cores may not use much but L2,L3(I7)cache mb comes quite a key role for game play. So much smoother than before.

@Excalibur
Can't say much if u say like that. Maybe you are playing without AA and AF , If u want to play with AA and AF at high settings u need better video GPU not the powerful CPU.

sunil Wrote:
> So much smoother than before.

LOL !!.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy