Who cares about.... !

Posted by JohnW 
Re: Who cares about.... !
Date: July 17, 2002 10:01PM
Posted by: Morbid
As for you Eugene, I think you better rethink your attitude mighty fast. You are not doing anyone any favours...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 17, 2002 10:17PM
Posted by: JohnW
I have no problem continuing the debate, if you wish to bring up other points beyond the idea that this was not the place to lament additions to GP4 with such heated tones. I have admitted that I could have eased into the subject more smoothly, but even stalwart members here could not agree as to whether camber and other related features were in the game. This from folks who could actually purchase the game and play it. Perhaps I should more clearly state my place in the GP3 fan world.

I have been playing GP3 for 7 months in a mixed game sim league. I have had a blast! Part of the allure has been the vast possiblities of setting up the car and trying to constantly improve my play. Heck, I spent $350 upgrading my computer JUST SO I COULD PLAY GP3 ! I really felt that GP3 was perhaps the best F1 sim out. I've spent many, many hours tweaking the setups and trying to be half way competitive with my much more experienced fellows in the league. As time went on I found that GP4 was going to make huge improvements. In some areas, it seems to have. I wish I could see them in action. In some areas it seems to not have progressed much at all. It is perhaps those areas that frustrate me the most. Mostly because it would not have been that hard to incorporate them and in one fell swoop, silence a large amount of the critics. Will I continue to play and enjoy GP3 , even with its short comings. You bet! Will I buy GP4 ? Not until it is finished. Of course that assumes it becomes available in the US. Will the lack of some desired setup features tarnish my enjoyment ? Probably not. But I will always hope for GPx raise the bar and include them. Maybe if I just jumped in the car and raced, I might give more importance to details in the stands or safety cars, but since my enjoyment is based on controilling the car through the setup screens and pushing my skill with or without people in the stands, those things are just fluff to me.

JohnW
Date: July 17, 2002 10:23PM
Fred,

I actually appreciate your points of view and rational manner of stating them. Maybe we are not so differant in our views. You just kept yours more moderated.

JohnW
Date: July 17, 2002 10:30PM
Since Eugene has come to my aide, I should at least stand up for him .

Other than defending me and giving people a hard time for name calling, what has he done ? I seriously doubt he will change his attitude. I don't think he is a die hard EA fan, but neither is he married to GP products. If nothing else , his point of view is less biased than some here. It is not a bad thing to have other points of view, even if you disagree with them.

JohnW
Date: July 18, 2002 03:12AM
Posted by: SageInferno
I think John has some valid points regarding tyre adjustment. It's clear to see the impact that tyres have had on the real F1 cars over the past two years. Speak to any F1 driver or team member and they will tell you that tyres are one of the most critical performance elements on the F1 car today. Yes, its about the construction of the tyre and the compound used, but adjusting temperatures and camber settings are fundamental to extracting the most from the tyres. As far as controlling / adjusting tyre characteristics are concerned, I have always wanted more control over tyres in Gp2, Gp3 and Gp4. This does, however, raise an interesting point: GPx assumes the above adjustments a null and continues to replicate a "real" environment - i.e. you can lap a circuit close to what the leaders were doing last year. You don't gain or loose anything by not having it. Introduce it, and I guarantee most users will loose more time (relative to reality) adjusting camber. Personally, I say add it, but perhaps on a level three chassis setting only. I agree with Fred- would like to have it, but even without it, I like the game.

I have to support the general community view that develops mods and utilities. Yes, discussing what we would like to see in future games is important (god knows I have a long list of wishes), but as a community, all we can do is develop the graphical elements. It is certainly better to have something to improve than to lament what is certainly the best GP game out (I have not played F1 2002 yet). Anyone who installed Ralph's 2002 GP3 carset will agree that I added something to the game. I say keep up the good work guys.

On a general note, 7th gear is in GP4 but camber settings are not. Guys, give John a break. I have read this entire thread and its blown totally out of proportion.

John, as for buying GP4, I say go for it. Yes this forum is filled with complaints but it is totally worth it. Yes there are issues but these will be resolved. To get a feel for how real things are, download these videos:
[www.driving-europe.com]

On a more positive note, lets start talking about the GP4 things we do like.

Sage Inferno
Date: July 18, 2002 04:05AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Argh bastard, i hate you you slimy snail eating faggot breath arse sucking piece of excrement (notice no swaer words)

Is that personal enough? :P

Not that i know wtf is going on, so ill just run away to some place with loads of other criminals and freaks.... Hmm austrailia seems a good bet :P j/k

Date: July 18, 2002 04:43AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Wow....I missed the best bit! Ah well. Having reread the thread this morning, I agree with Sage, it was blown out of proportion, helped by me. Sorry John.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 18, 2002 10:31AM
Posted by: Eugene
LMAO!, finally, a little constructive criticism ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy