Who cares about.... !

Posted by JohnW 
Who cares about.... !
Date: July 16, 2002 04:25PM
Posted by: JohnW
In my brief visits to this forum , while lurking quietly in the background, I have read that some of the important things to some of you are just meaningless to me. I couldn't care less about helmet colors or how the pit guys act, or safety cars or penalties. That's just fluff. How about 7 gears( I haven't heard that GP4 has that.) , or tire temp readings , or camber adjustments ? Things that make the car more like the real thing. These little minute details that don't add the the playability of the game are way down on my list. Make the game a real as you can. Take care of the bugs. THEN add these little , " Oh thats cool " sort of features.

Perhaps if they spent more time making the core of the game good, we wouldn't hear some people already wondering if this or that will be fixed in GP5 !

JohnW
Re: Who cares about.... !
Date: July 16, 2002 04:29PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
penalties are REAL things.............and safety cars

plus john i know what u mean but i bet that 80% of the ppl who buy gp4 dont know WTF chamber settings are.......

Date: July 16, 2002 04:29PM
Posted by: genesis
Right, so what are you doing here then?
Date: July 16, 2002 04:30PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
If you go into the car setup, click on the gears area, then you can activate the 7th gear. As for Cambers, if you click the ADVANCED tab in the car setup you get a lot more options. I'd suggest you do your homework a bit better before dissing a game for stupidity when it's your own stupidity that is the problem. :D

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: July 16, 2002 04:33PM
Posted by: jordangp2001
jeez 3 posts in a minute..........wow

Date: July 16, 2002 04:42PM
Posted by: Zcott
We're all nerds, to be honest. And details are important to nerds!
Date: July 16, 2002 04:55PM
Posted by: genesis
Guilty on both counts there Zcott. ;-)
Date: July 16, 2002 05:21PM
Posted by: mickg
GP4 cars do have 7 gears. Must be a Indycar/Nascar player.I think they are the only games where tire temp is diplayed.
Date: July 16, 2002 05:51PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

JohnW = whacky

Date: July 16, 2002 10:38PM
Learning.

It's a simple as that. I own GP3 and I was really looking forward to advances in GP4. So I would hang out here to hear the rumors about this new version of the game. Then I read all sorts of clammering about really esoteric stuff NOT being in the game. As if that would make of break the game. Now I see a rather lengthy ( but well documented , mind you. ) bug list. The whole GP4 roll out has been a dissapointment. I hope they make big improvements.

JohnW
Date: July 16, 2002 10:41PM
I will admit, I have NOT purchased the new version, but I have tired to read all the reviews I could find. I didn't see 7 gears mentioned. That was my error. On the other points, are you saying that camber adjustments and tire temps ARE on the advanced settings screen or that there is so much stuff already there that I shouldn't wish for those things ?

JohnW
Date: July 16, 2002 10:45PM
Michael,

If I am not mistaken, EA F2001 had camber adjustments and tire temps. The best way to tell if your camber settings are correct is the temps acrossed the tire.

JohnW
Date: July 16, 2002 10:49PM
Interesting reply.

So wanting a fundemental suspension adjustment capability over being able to follow a safety car around for a long slow lap is wacky ? Every time I watch a race and see the cars on TV with the tops of their tires tipped inward, knowing how much better the car could handle in GP3 if they would implement the darn feature, just irritates me.

JohnW
Date: July 16, 2002 10:59PM
By the way, I am sorry that being critical of the game so angered you. Unfortunatly, the game has notable short comings. Good grief, have you read the bug list on this very forum ! But , I don't believe that pointing out some of these flaws should entitle me to being called stupid. I don't intend to throw 40 bucks at a game that seems to have so many problems. Of course that means I can NOT go to the advanced setup screens. Does that mean I am stupid ? Besides, I don't think it is available in the US yet. At least not in MY local software stores. So does NOT having something that is NOT available to me stupid ?

JohnW
Date: July 17, 2002 01:09AM
G'day all...

Yikes man, this is a forum, not a set of journal entries

Date: July 17, 2002 01:12AM
G'day all..

Anyway, back to ur topic...

So does NOT having something that is NOT available to me stupid ?

when combined with....

How about 7 gears( I haven't heard that GP4 has that.) , or tire temp readings , or camber adjustments ? Things that make the car more like the real thing.

makes you indeed very stupid, considering camber adjustments and seven gears are available in the advanced menu of a game you don't even own yet are bad mouthing so much

Date: July 17, 2002 01:36AM
Posted by: Marki
Believe me John, this game is not as bad as you think.

And GP4 NOW AVAILABLE IN THE US too.

check this: [www.simracingworld.com]
Date: July 17, 2002 02:21AM
Posted by: Doug
I'm just wondering if the American version is quite as buggy as the European version?

Date: July 17, 2002 02:48AM
Posted by: Glyn
I will admit, I have NOT purchased the new version

I rest my case

Date: July 17, 2002 10:45AM
Mika,

My opinions of GP4 are based on my readings of posts in this forum and game reviews. I have also read opinions in other gaming forums. I have not had first hand knowledge of GP4 because I could not purchase it. It is not available in the US. ( I have read in a new post to this thread that it is now available. As of last night, Amazon.com still has it listed as "not yet released". I will check into this further. ) Since none of these sources of info had reported any fundementallyy new features, such as 7 gears, and camber settings, and tire temps, I felt justified in making my remarks. Even if it were recently available for me to purchase, I rather doubt I would buy it yet. Just from the complaints on this forum, it seems that some people can not even get the game running, other find the FPS way to slow, and others keep getting the game to crash to the desktop. I don't think spending $40 on that sort of "entertainment" is the smartest thing to do. I'll wait for the fixed version to come out. Until then, I'll continue to play GP3.

JohnW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy