is it possible to add polys for arms and steeringwheels?

Posted by stifflers mum 
Re: is it possible to add polys for arms and steeringwheels?
Date: September 07, 2008 08:39PM
Posted by: LWC
Great.M.Surfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ah, on that way :) And then you set the
> coordinates of the steeringwheel in the car f.e.

use team editor to set the position as normal and tweaker to set the rotation values,very simple stuff
I've done the same now, I just don't know the right values to get a real working wheel, can you tell me them? (BTW have you used the Head View Movement tweak for that?)

CTDP 3D-Artist

Date: September 09, 2008 12:18AM
Posted by: Craigo
Little example of how good it looks when drivers have individual positions:

Date: September 09, 2008 12:46AM
Posted by: Ruboy
But the rotation of the wheel + arms was a problem iirc...the max angle was quite small.

Date: September 09, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: Craigo
Here we go, ruboy you were right but thats when the helmet was part of the wheel, so there was limits to helmet movement but with the helmet as part of the car, with tweaker you can work soley on the wheel rotatio, after a quick go heres how it looks ingame:

Can you tell me the right values for the tweaker to get a good working wheel?

CTDP 3D-Artist

some news?

________________________________________________________________________________

Lotus F1 2O1O by Pityr [W.I.P]: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Fictional 2O1O Car [W.I.P] > restart soon >: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Repsol F1 Team [W.I.P]: [tmp.grandprixgames.org]
i believe Craigo lost his work, but I'm interested in trying it, but don't have time to fiddle with tweaker, so I'd need some help with some 3d shapes I've been meaning to try

this is how far I came, the arms have to be painted and it's nearly done ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 11:14PM by Ilkayplaya.
@Ilkayplaya Will you release it? Say you will, it looks awesome, I've been wanted to try this, but just haven't had the time lately.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
@fongu, i'm interested to try out what you've got so far

are they attached to the wheels or helmet?

i was playing with the 2004 mod, and noticed that the rotation of the wheels were not to so good

i'm interested in how we can make them fit to each cockpit, as the dimensions would vary between each car?
as attaching them to the front wheels or helmet would mean that they were in fixed proportions.
in order to make them fit, we'd need to detach it from the wheel or helmet, and move them into the correct position. but as you'd need to do this for each team, we would only have one shape to work with?
so what might fit one car, won't fit another.

we need to find a way to make them an independant object that we can manipulate with tweaker, but rotate with the wheels.

is this something that you (fongu) or craigo had already come with?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 12:20PM by ralv585.
I think the only way to make the arms fit each cockpit properly is not to make them too big, id rather them be a little smaller, better than them clipping through other objects.

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Only decent way is too make the helmet shape part of the car so it wont move then all movement can be tweaked towards the sterring wheel and place in the right position for each car

exactly, but I've still not seen a rotation that is realistic yet, as ralv said - I still need to make the arms.

Just with the wheels, I'm not sure how it would work, because there is only one shape for the two front wheels, and having the rear ones attached would make them rotate.

fongu schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> exactly, but I've still not seen a rotation that
> is realistic yet, as ralv said - I still need to
> make the arms.
>
> Just with the wheels, I'm not sure how it would
> work, because there is only one shape for the two
> front wheels, and having the rear ones attached
> would make them rotate.

You could set rotate by textures then .. shouldn't that stop the rotating of the 3d shape?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
I have the helmet as part of the car. and my settings for the 3D wheel are realistic, so it shouldn't be a problem for you guys ;)

@ mstaer, sorry but I don't think I'm gonna release it, first of all the arms are from the 2004mod and also not much people are interested. Also it isn't finished yet, but you know, I have got time to do that, it will be for personal use only.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 12:02PM by Ilkayplaya.
will it 8e realease soon ??

[f1forgranturismo5.blogspot.com]
This is actually great stuff. Does it mean that its possible to have more than one helmet shape in game?

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
yup, you can see it in the screens above

But, the disadvantage is, that the helmet doesn't move ingame, correct, Kev?

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy