Lo2k at your service (wip)

Posted by Lo2k 
Re: Lo2k at your service (poll is closed)
Date: July 09, 2008 11:39PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Maverick & paranoik0 : you can easily create a new object and set one of its dimension to 10m you know.

Anyway, here is a new progressing feature some are asking for a long time now :

It's still a very wip shot, it only works for this item and in very limited conditions. Still much work before a completely working feature.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2008 12:07AM by Lo2k.
Date: July 10, 2008 12:51AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi Laurent...

But, what is it exactly on last pic?

Date: July 10, 2008 01:08AM
Posted by: Ruboy
real-time jip-mapping display (s/f-line)?

Date: July 10, 2008 01:13AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Laurent, check your mail ;-)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: July 10, 2008 10:03AM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Maverick & paranoik0 : you can easily create a
> new object and set one of its dimension to 10m you
> know.

Ah, right, never knew that were meters :X tnx

Date: July 10, 2008 10:25AM
btw laurent. everytime i use the "delete all folowing sectors" button on tracksectors gp4builder crashes :{

Date: July 10, 2008 10:36AM
Ruboy has a good sight :)

@PrBlanco: got it.

@Maverick: can you send me your .dat ?

Date: July 10, 2008 10:43AM
i just use standard hungary dat. Nothing changed yet as it crashes before i get the chance :)

Date: July 10, 2008 11:45AM
Well, it seems nobody tried to recreate European, French or hungarian .dat since 3DEditor 18.3 (!)
because this bug exists till then.
Badly enough, I can't find what's wrong and why it occurs.

Date: July 10, 2008 12:29PM
i'll just use another track then...

Date: July 10, 2008 01:45PM
2 hours tracking the bug and I'm still without any real progress.
My latest tests could lead it would be pitlane kerbs related (If I don't compute and display them, track does not crash at least).

Date: July 10, 2008 02:43PM
Posted by: Gusgus
All this stuff is just amazing, Lo2k, keep on ! :)

My workthread here
Date: July 10, 2008 02:57PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Good stuff Laurent, what about a feature to create a direct wall between two tracksectors?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 10, 2008 02:58PM
Posted by: vesuvius
yes everything looks to go very well Laurent, keep up the good work.
Date: July 10, 2008 03:36PM
Thanks guys ;)

@Turbo_lover : that's funny because I just remind about this one about one hour ago :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2008 03:37PM by Lo2k.
Date: July 10, 2008 03:41PM
Posted by: gezere
Laurent you are going to convert me to a track builder :)

Merci pour tout ce travail. j'espère que tout vas bien pour toi
(Sorry for the french sentence)

Re: Lo2k at your service (wip)
Date: July 10, 2008 04:30PM
@Maverick : Even if I havn't found the exact problem, I found a workaround :
just delete all pitlane kerbs and you will be able to delete track sectors the way you want.

@Gezere : hehe, you would be welcome :p
(Merci, ça va pas trop mal, j'ai un boulot depuis plus d'un an et ce sont mes premières grandes vacances. Je ne te remercierai jamais assez pour m'avoir proposé ton aide en tous cas. J'espère tout va bien aussi de ton côté.)

PS : I found it ! these were just two temporary kerbs related arrays that were lengthened to the track sector number instead of the pit sector number and thus, deleting track sectors was causing calls to values out of bounds...Well, I'm now fixing pitlane kerbs runoff display and I will be able to focus on new features again.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2008 05:35PM by Lo2k.
Date: July 11, 2008 10:09AM
Posted by: MarioB
Hi Laurent,

I have been very busy lately so i wasn't around on the community for some weeks, but what a great surprise. I couldn't believe my eyes, specially the col conversion is fantastic. It's something i really need for some tracks, great work. Maybe the greatest surprise is the editor is still in development, you are still working on this tool for such a long time (big respect).

I know you made great progress and worked very hard on the editor but still i would like to make some suggestion. What about a 3ds to bin conversion and visa versa. I know we talked about this before, but i would love to have this in the editor.
Another thing is a kind of mapping tool, this is something i really miss in the editor. I know this is hard to build it into the editor but wouldn't it be great if we can map in this tool?

Anyway thank you for your effort and great work. I will keep building tracks with this great tool.

Thanks

Mark

Date: July 11, 2008 10:50AM
Hi MarioB and glad to see you around again.

The .3ds to .bin is a bad idea for me because you can see how many troubles happen just because .bin file is different for 1 sector than the .dat/.gp4 file so it really needs to be created from the .dat.
The only exception I can think about is the pitverge.bin that might be rerouted to be used as extra .bin surfaces and I will make some tests with it. If it can be used that way, I will add some feature to create this kind of modified .bin.

I already added a global mapping tool and a small mapping utility(that only displace or scale mapping over the object). It's not perfect but a local mapping solution seems quite harder for me. it's on the todo list anyway.

Thanks for your suggestions and I'm eager to see some screens of your new track(s) :)

Date: July 11, 2008 12:11PM
Posted by: MarioB
Hi laurent,

What you suggested is what i tried with some DTM tracks (Zandvoort, Lausitring). I used the pitverge as a extra bin surface. i created those bin's with version 14.4 but the mapping is a bit strange but you could try to use it from that version. So this solution can works.
So what about 3ds to pitverge.bin conversion and visa versa and forget the track and pitlane bins as they work fine now. That would be prefect for us/me.

About a mapping tool; i know it's difficult and of course we all can map in ZMod or 3dsMax but because your tool does have such a great 3ds view and is so easy to use, it would be perfect to this tool as well. But it isn't a big deal, we all know the to do list is a long list. And i am happy with the progress you made already (specially the col conv)

About new tracks; Le Mans Bugatti is mostly done, some latest work by Tony. And now i'm building the first WSC tracks; Spa. I thought it would be a easy job but in the meanwhile i am rebuilding the complete track. It will have some new features which is never used, like dirty tarmac and tire marks on the track surface (your invention) but i maybe i will need some help from you. After that track maybe i will do something similar as you did; a MarioB at your service. So everyone can vote for what track they would like to have most for GP4.

Grtz

Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy