GP4 bug list *retail version only*

Posted by Morbid 
Re: GP4 bug list *retail version only*
Date: June 24, 2002 09:22AM
Posted by: tux
an update to 39:

i had this once. some times it displays a box (like that char isnt availible in that font). other times it didnt show anything. it also does this with the tyre names.

Date: June 24, 2002 09:52AM
Posted by: DAW182
1: In rain conditions, the rear light goes through the flyovers.

2: game sometimes locks up in accelerated time (in the menu)

3: u press the 0 (ins) key them change to the t-cam view car in half way under ground..

4: kinda like bug 3 but if your driving sometimes tyres look a tiny bit underground and other times look like there floating... (i think this only happens on some tracks)

4: u loss the front wing the grip still seems a little to high can still take some concers flat out..

Not a bug but fix the crash pyshics if a car is to damaged eg losses wheel then it can't rejoin race.
Date: June 24, 2002 11:03AM
Posted by: Mark
not so much a bug this one morbid,though just as annoying,anywhere past halfway round the last lap of the race all the track marshalls come out and start waving their flags.

isn't this done once the race is over,as i've had a few close finishes were i've been 2nd right on the lead cars tail on the last lap,and all these idiots are waving flags.

you wouldn't get marshalls waving flags at cars until the race is over.
picture this, i was running second final lap at magny-corps just come out of the adelaide hairpin,i was ralf schumacher and was right on michaels tail lining up a last lap overtaking manouvre,when i see a yellow flag so i eased off only to notice other marshalls where out as well,surely this is to premature having the track marshalls all waving even on the final lap while the lead position could still change
Date: June 24, 2002 12:54PM
Posted by: Ellis
3 more bugs

Computer cars can sometimes drive through walls. I noticed this twice today whislt forcing oppents to the outisde. Instead of leting off and falling behind they accelrated through and the cars simply went through the walls.
Not easy to recreat (sometimes they do hit the wall), no work around

In hotseat (multiplayer) mode, if u pit whilst in a view which the mirrors are visible, it will change garage but sometimes the mirrors will dispaly the old pit men and garage. Hard(ish) to recreate (sometimes dont work), work around: esc and re-enter

Whislt in Hotseat mode, in Qualifying, when you change player whislt viewing the drop down monitor, it displays the wrong drivers times. Medium to re-create. Work around: esc and re-enter

Also, update to the "cars not being pushed back into the garage2 one - it also happens to computer cars. Esc-re-renter doenst work in this case

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 24, 2002 01:03PM
another hotseat one

When viewing replys on hotseat mode, the reply sometimes shows something "wrong", it wont show what just happened. Instead, it will showthe player car losing control. When the game is unpaused the player car will be in the gravel altho the player didnt put it there. This bug was also in GP2, GP3 and GP3 2000.

Medium to recrete, no work around (except driving your ass off to get back to where you were))

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 24, 2002 02:37PM
And Another

(sorry fotr posts being split up)

The visor was shown in my T-Cam view. Im not sure how it got there but it did. Happened once. Rare, work around, change to trackside view then back again.

Date: June 24, 2002 06:33PM
Posted by: twgavin
Game will not play.
Will load - get all menus and options.
When select DRIVE - in any mode or race type - game shuts down and puts me backto my desktp.
emachines T1600
256 mg RAM
Athlon 1.41 ghz
S3 Pro-Savage 8 (integrated) video card.

twgavin
Date: June 25, 2002 01:46AM
Posted by: bigj
For graphical glitches it would be really useful to attach screen captures.
Picture being worth a thousand words etc.
Date: June 25, 2002 04:36AM
this has only happened to me at melborne and 2 other tracks but some1 of the high gear forum has reported small lock ups on these tracks at these locations any1 else have the same problem..

Here's a detailed list(see ingame track maps for turn numbering):

Melbourne - turn 7
Sepang - after turn 8
Interlagos - turn 7
Imola - down to turn 6 (very slight freeze)
Barcelona - turn 8
A1-Ring - turn 4 (very slight freeze)
Monte Carlo - no freezes
Montreal - after turn 8 (very slight freeze)
Nurburgring - turn 7
Magny-Cours - before turn 5
Silverstone - before turn 8
Hockenheim - after turn 6 (very slight freeze) - there's a graphic
bug on the track afterwards.
Hungaroring - before turn 6
Spa - after turn 7 (very slight freeze)
Monza - turn 7 (slight freeze)
Indianapolis - before turn 8
Suzuka - turn 8

plus i've read from the high gear forum that the plank wear does not reset when the next driver starts...

plus morbid this list only gonna be bugs or could we add small features that maybe good?
Date: June 25, 2002 04:58AM
Posted by: StuartFerris
This happens to me too. Thats one of the reasons I'm so frustrated.

Stuart Ferris
Date: June 25, 2002 05:05AM
Posted by: Spotlamp
I had the exact same problem on an NVidia Geforce 256. I downloaded a set of graphics drivers not for my card (Elsa Erazor) but for the actual chipset.

I suggest a quick search on the web for the actual chipset driver rather than the car (integrated or otherwise).

Hope this helps.
Date: June 25, 2002 05:38AM
Posted by: kit-kat
if you have your speed in mph and then watch a replay with tv data on when you go through a speed trap it shows your speed kmh i.e 205mph-205kmh......
Date: June 25, 2002 05:53AM
Posted by: jhbodle
When 'Force Feedback' is enabled in the game with my Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick, when waiting on the starting grid for the lights to go green, the game makes the joystick violently move from left to right again and again until the light go green, when it will then work properly. This happened on Grand Prix 3 as well as Grand Prix 4 retail.

3D Hardware sound on SBLive! 5.1 stutters and jerks in places.
Date: June 25, 2002 06:04AM
Posted by: chris
Switch off 3d hardware sound (big performance boost, maybe 7fps).

Sorry, not a bug, but I had to say.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 25, 2002 06:20AM
Posted by: Morbid
Okay, I am working on a major overhaul of the list. I have recieved some emails with a truckload of minor and more severe bug, that have simply made the correct numbering format obsolete. Also, this thread is getting very long, and might be confusing for people that dunno if their bug has been reported, and where to find the workaround. So we are going to move to a new thread. Keep using this thread until further notice is given tho.

Tim Gavin, thanks for your report. But as things have developed, I think you will be better off now, if you use the Infogrames helpline to get you going, and maybe also you would want to sign the petition currently organized by Cmspodwy and Stuart Ferris.

Jason B's suggestion on screenshots for graphical glithes is good. Although we need to keep any pics posted at a small bandwidth demand. We still have people on 56K modems, and it would be sad to let them wait long loading periods to join in.

Darren White, I don't have the slowdowns you report. I suspect that Spotlamps suggestion on getting some other drivers might solve the problem. Could it be possible to try that, and if it still does not fix the problem, the freeze bugs will be put on the list together with your GFX brand and model, and hopefully someone else can confirm it. It might be related to some specific GFX cards only.

Thanks for your help. Keep the bugs coming in!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 25, 2002 06:43AM
Oh, I forgot to write about suggested features. This is a bug list. That does not mean that we cannot suggest features, but I think we should opt a conservative approach. Small handy things that are somewhat bug related, or shows of very poor design could be picked up.

But please, no "plz enable editing possibility for the Nordschleife", "plz no enable editing possibility more than 22 cars", "plz make a safety car" and all that.

Date: June 25, 2002 06:50AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Not much to shout about, but I always get a stutter as I'm right in the middle of the RTL curve at the Nurburgring. Not a lock up, but it just freezes for about half a second. Every time. Not really a problem though. Cheers for this Morbid, hopefully Infogrammes will appreciate it and use it - are you going to mail them, and if so, when? Because the patch won't be long before it's out...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 25, 2002 08:00AM
I have asked Inforgrames for a return adress, as it seems wrong just to send it to the helpdesk. I have also asked for a deadline for submission, so the Bug List can be incorporated into the patch production.

I have not gotten a reply from Infogrames yet. Maybe the email got lost somewhere in their communications system, maybe they are still pondering, or maybe they think that I was joking. Dunno yet. If I have not heard from them by Thursday morning, I will try and contact them again.

Strange thing about these stutters, as they really cannot be related to PO going over 100%. If that happens the game just slows down time, but the game should still be smooth. Can we try and get some more info on this?

Date: June 25, 2002 09:23AM
Posted by: goon
I have the 'micro-freezes' problem also. Can't remember turn numbers off the top of my head, but at every circuit on every lap at the same place I get a split second freeze of the graphics engine. Very easy to reproduce!

I have had several crashes in the car setup menu. Clicking a sider to adjust a value of a setting can send me back to desktop. It is rare though. Can't reproduce it, seems random.
Date: June 25, 2002 10:03AM
i think the mirco freeze is only on certain tracks for certain ppl, as i got that list of a person from highgear but get a freeze at melborne, a1ring and Nurburgring my graphics card a asus geforce2 mx 200, but mabe a winxp problem?

not a bug as such my imo front wing is fixedto quickly..

plus some features i would like is just things like more info in the tcam view, no auto controls into the pits (can' be that hard to had a limiter) something like an fkey to set tyres, fuel loads before getting into pits, plus i would like to be able to change brakes and wing setting in pits, little things like that would be good..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy