Re: GP4 bug list *retail version only*
Date: June 23, 2002 05:15AM
Posted by: Vader
bump and grind :)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 23, 2002 05:26AM
Posted by: Morbid
I tested the "can't get out of pits without hitting wall" issue. I can get out of all the pits I have tried with no aids and no problems, including Imola.

Maybe this is like the "20 degree max lock to get around at Monaco" issue in GP3?

You have to go a bit easy on the throttle and steer at full lock. If it still doesn't work then try setting max lock to 20 and see if it helps.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 23, 2002 08:48AM
New additions to the bug list:
--------------------------------

Update on 3). It can happen on any lap, but it is most likely to happen if you pit on lap 1. (Does it happen every time on lap 1??) Workaround: Do not pit on lap 1. If problem happens anyway, there is no fix. Now easy/medium to reproduce.

Update on 14). It has been confirmed that on some systems skybox messages do slow down systems. The increased PO that arises when using the PO monitoring utility may be related to the way skybox messages are rendered.

28) The BAR cars have swapped numbers. In the game Jacques Villeneuve car has number 9 and Olivier Panis has number 10. In the actual entry list for the F1 season 2001, Jacques Villeneuve's car was entered as number 10 and Olivier Panis' car as number 9. No workaround. Very easy to reproduce.

29) It would seem that Alex Yoong and Fernando Alonso have swapped performance. Third party performance editors for Grand prix 4 confirm this. Alex Yoong was the slowest of the Minardi drivers in that season, yet he is consistently racing in p17 and p18, while Alonso in p21 and p22. No wrokaround. Easy to reproduce.

30) When you damage/destroy your front wing/nosecone and pit to change it, it is magically repaired a split second before it is changed by the pit crew. Thus, no matter how much damage you have inflicted on you front wing/nosecone, the pit crew always remove a brand new front wing/nosecone and replace it with a brand new front wing/nosecone. Damage inflicted on the front wing/nosecone should show on the front wing/nosecone that is removed by the pit crew. No workaround. Very easy to reproduce.

31) The trackmap in the "track information" menu for Spain is incorrect. It shows the 1994 layout, whereas the track in the game is of newer and correct layout. No workaround. Very easy to reproduce

32) The corner number buttons on the track map in the "track information" menu do not work correctly. Half of them light up in white, when the cursor is placed over them. The other half do not respond. For instance, buttons 1,2 and 9 at Imola do not respond, where as all the others do. Also the corner number buttons do not seem to serve any function. Was it intended that click in the buttons would bring up the information on the corner in the corner information list on the left of the screen? No workaround. Very easy to reproduce.

33) Alex Yoong has the wrong helmet in the game. He has been given Tarso Marques' helmet. No workaround. Very easy to reproduce.

Tests/confirmations needed
-------------------------------

Could someone please try and exchange hotlaps on XP systems? It has been reported that some cannot open other peoples hotlaps when they are using Windows XP.

Date: June 23, 2002 09:00AM
Posted by: genesis
Tested hotlaps in Windows XP:

I downloaded Alex's hotlap and viewed it absolutely fine with no problems under my Windows XP Home edition OP. Maybe it's XP Pro that has the problem??
Date: June 23, 2002 09:01AM
Posted by: Zcott
Nope. I have XP Pro, and it's fine.
Date: June 23, 2002 09:12AM
Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Date: June 23, 2002 11:16AM
Posted by: 9designs
A new one I think,

Do a quick race ( European) Loose your nose on the first lap, pit for a new one, ok so far, but you can't leave the pits, the crew won't let you out ! !

Tye race continues and you just sit there !
Date: June 23, 2002 11:18AM
Posted by: Ellis
Hotlaps work perfect in XP pro, and extracting the dat from it is soooo fast

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 23, 2002 12:55PM
Thanks Steve_T, but that is bug 3 on the list. Anyway, it would be nice to know how often (if ever) this happens on any other lap than lap 1.

Date: June 23, 2002 01:23PM
Posted by: genesis
Another bug for your list.

Once at Monaco (in the wet) Mika Hakkinen's McLaren had a long streak coming out of the back of his car, like a texture had gone messed up or something. This stayed there for the duration of the race. I've tested many other times, but very rare. Very hard to reproduce.
Date: June 23, 2002 01:35PM
Another bug

In a 100% race distance, if a car has a filure, it will display it on the steering wheel

For example "Loose Wheel"

If another driver has a failure later in the race it will display BOTH failures on his wheel.

It wil have, for example "loos Wheel" and "engine problem" written over each other

Medium to reproduce, not very rare

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: June 23, 2002 01:54PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
Author: Steve_T (---.claranet.co.uk)
Date: 06-23-02 18:16

A new one I think,

Do a quick race ( European) Loose your nose on the first lap, pit for a new one, ok so far, but you can't leave the pits, the crew won't let you out ! !

Tye race continues and you just sit there !

I TRIED THIS AND I GOT OUT THE PITS FINE!!!!!!!
Date: June 23, 2002 01:57PM
Posted by: chris
OK, so its a rare bug....no need to shout ;)

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: June 23, 2002 01:57PM
Yeah, but the bugs do not occur EVERY time, only sometimes

Date: June 23, 2002 02:07PM
Posted by: BorgDroneX
hmmmm ive found no bugs has yet, but i am keeping a lookout....

sorry for shouting too, damn caps lock

thnks DeadStar Ellis
Date: June 23, 2002 02:09PM
np dude

Date: June 23, 2002 02:44PM
Posted by: tux
erm....

is it a bug if ure chair doesnt vibrate wen u go over a bump?

Date: June 23, 2002 04:42PM

Update on 3) It is not every time that you pit on lap 1 that the pit crew lets you stay there forever. Also, if your teammate pulls in for a pit stop later in the race, he will park behind you and for it to become his turn to be serviced. In effect the race can never end since two cars never cross the finish line.

Update on 20) The displaying of the beaten pole time, seems only to happen when the player beats a pole time he has set previously. Now hard/easy to recreate. (The two bugs will be split up in the next update of the list)

Update on 24) It would be useful to be able to switch off the skybox messages at intermediate and full lap time spot, since you can see the relevant information on the LCD display of the steering wheel while in helmet cam. Also some people that race in T-cam view find that the popping up of the skybox messages breaks their concentration during qualifing laps. Now hard/easy to reproduce. (The two bugs will be split up in the next update of the list)

34) It has been observed once, that Mika Hakkinen's McLaren, at Monaco in the wet, had a long streak coming out of the back of his car. A possible reason could be a texture bleed or a texture that was misplaced by the graphics engine. The bug stayed for the duration of the race. No workaround. Very hard to reproduce.

35) If a car has a mechanical failure, it will be displayed on the steering wheel as normal.
For example "Loose Wheel". If another driver has a failure later in the race it will display BOTH failures on his wheel. It will have, for example, "loose Wheel" (from the car before) and "engine problem" (the real failure). The two failures texts will be written over each other, which makes the text very hard to read. No workaround. Medium to reproduce.

36) Sometimes the marshalls forget to leave the track after they have cleaned up an accident. The yellow flag zone does go away but the marshalls continue to stand by the track side for the remaining duration of the race. No workaround. Medium to reproduce.

37) The in game videos stutter. Possibly due to excessive hard disk activity during playback (reported at alphaF1, although I also have the same problem. Perhaps hardware specific???). No workaround. Very easy to reproduce.

Date: June 23, 2002 05:04PM
Posted by: howling wolf
Return to desktop intermittant
reboots whole system at some point during race,most worrying
sky messages slow the game so hard it is a big- the game doesnt need all these sky messages,i have it running at 46 f/s and it pulls it right back.

1800xp
ddr512
nvidea g2 200mmx
shuttleboard
deskstars 40g ata 100 72 spin

It should run ok on this system surely,i went on nascar 2002 to make sure no problem ran quake for an hour to check,finally gp3 2000 for 2 hours no probs.
All system is up to date.
Xp pro windozzy
Could,nt been good
Date: June 24, 2002 07:45AM

38) Brake discs constantly glow red on several cars at long distances, even while not braking. The bug is observable in the TV-trackside camera view when the car is seen from the front. It is the upper and frontmost part of the brake disc that glows. It happens on Williams, Sauber, Prost and Arrows cars. No workaround. Very easy to recreate.

39) When a car enters the pits in a race, and the point of view is set to any other car in TV-trackside camera view, the TV overlays displays wrong names. At first the correct name is displayed in the skybox, while the TV-overlay displays the teammate as entering the pits. If the view is kept unchanged, then the TV overlay will display a string of cars as entering the pits, all of them incorrect. No workaround. Easy to reproduce.

40) Performance is noticeably worse in WinXP. This has been confirmed by a number of people with dual boot systems. Also, WinXP systems seem more prone to not wanting to run the game at all and to give crashes to desktop. Workaround: Use other OS than WinXP. If that is not an option then no workaround/fix is currently known. Easy/medium to reproduce.

41) When selecting a championship season, the game doesn't update the selected track. As a result, the track displayed as being the one the event is held on, is the same as the track that was selected in the main menu, even though the game is using the proper track for the event. Workaround: Select the correct track manually before entering championship season mode. Very easy to reproduce.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy