ideal line on 2007 version tracks in gp4

Posted by neilcaine 
ideal line on 2007 version tracks in gp4
Date: May 05, 2008 09:18PM
Posted by: neilcaine
While all the original tracks in gp4 had the option of showing an ideal driving line, most of the new tracks from the 2007 season (including the trackpack) don't seem to have the option.Is there a file in the track wads that controls this option and if so, which one and can it be copied from the original wads to the new ones? I have Monaco, Silverstone and Monza which do show the line but I'd like to use Montreal, Barcelona and the Nurburgring but they have no ideal line. Is there any reason why only some tracks allow the option? Any help would be appreciated
Re: ideal line on 2007 version tracks in gp4
Date: May 05, 2008 09:34PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
yes, the ideal line is an object present only in original tracks. actually noone create an ideal line for new circuits.. But maybe lo2k can in a future create a function like something "create ideal line fro cc line"?
Date: May 05, 2008 10:47PM
Posted by: Lo2k
it's on the todo list (at a low level I have to admit).

Date: May 05, 2008 11:16PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Date: May 07, 2008 06:31PM
Posted by: neilcaine
But I've downloaded the new 2007 Monza, Monaco and Silverstone 2007 tracks and they show the ideal line but some of the others don't. I installed Montreal circuit and trackwad from the 2007 trackpack and the line wasn't there and it wasnt there when i used the old circuit but when i used the old trackwad, it was there which got me thinking it might be one of the tex files in the trackwad - i'm no expert on this but i was hoping there was an easy solution, maybe there isnt!
Date: May 07, 2008 06:35PM
Posted by: b-tone
If youopen a track .gp4 file you'll see lots of BESTLINEXX objects. Thats the line you see in game. Theres no automatic way to make one at the moment.
You could build the track objects, call them BESTLINE, take a screenshot of the cc line in orthographic view and make a tex out of it, and map it to the new track/BESTLINE object....kind of tricky :)

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy