Launch Problem & Graphics Problem

Posted by montoya1978 
Launch Problem & Graphics Problem
Date: April 08, 2008 10:41PM
Posted by: montoya1978
I feel silly posting this question, but I cannot figure it out. When the lights go out as the race is about to start, I rev the engine only to have the revs go all the way down when the final light goes out. Therefore, I get passed by several cars before I can apply the throttle again. I have tried waiting to hit the throttle when the light goes out and it does not respond. What gives?

Secondly, I have been tweaking with my graphics settings and the game runs better with all of the settings on the highest level. However, there are a couple of sections on the track (Melbourne) that really slow the game down. As you might expect, this kills a lap time.

Much help would be appreciated.
Re: Launch Problem & Graphics Problem
Date: April 09, 2008 12:18AM
Posted by: n00binio
3 possibilities for race start:
1. take it as it is, afaik a "bug"
2. start without launch control
3. (difficult when using keyboard) don´t apply full throttle when you´re awaiting the lights to go off. play with the pedal, youßll notice that for a certain pedal position revs go up to 17000 (or more). when the lights are off apply full throttle. should give a good start (wheelspin possible)
Date: April 11, 2008 12:15AM
Posted by: montoya1978
Noobinio,
I have tried all of your suggestions. I cant really accept it as it is because I lose at least five or six positions everytime. Any more suggestions? Anyone?
Date: April 11, 2008 07:04PM
Posted by: dentistTubster
What controller do you use?

Also, watch a replay of an AI start, see what revs they use (it helps to have the 2004 gpxpatch thingy on with the throttle level displayed :))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2008 07:05PM by dentistTubster.
Date: April 11, 2008 11:12PM
Posted by: n00binio
montoya1978 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i lose at least
> five or six positions everytime.

quite a lot, perhaps it´s related to other things...i don´t know what else you could try, i´m sorry
Date: April 22, 2008 10:09PM
Posted by: Flying Finn
Well montoya1978,if you're using a keyboard than I could help.You can full throttle before the start but remember to press and hold the SPACE BAR at the same moment!The space bar acts as a launch control button.So,you won't rev the engine up to much.When the lights go out,release the space bar!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy