so when we gonna see tarmac and scenery like this then geoff?

Posted by LS. 
these are from a xbox game called racing evolulzione

if this is capable on xbox then hopefully we can see this in pc games too (not sure if they are renders or not, toca race driver has in game graphics that look like renders & xbox uses the latest geforce 3 technology )

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
F*** me those gfx are good

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
woah......i could have sworn that they were photos!!
watch this

\\Visit RenaultF1 Team homepage//

\\[www.renaultf1.com]//

\\ 100% RENAULT //

Reggie, we have seen that one in the other threads, but its based on F1 2001 graphics engine, and we all know how fast computers progress

im extreamly impressed by those pics LS, except the lap posts, which kinda look like PSX gfx :S

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
im extreamly impressed by those pics LS, except the lap posts, which kinda look like PSX gfx

LOL I'm sure you won't notice them when travelling at 180 mph ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
emmmm

they arent loading for me.....

yeah i checked and some other pictures i posted using the same server host, and they were'nt working either

must have been a problem with their server, it works ok now though

LS's Tip of the week
yep now it works....

SWEET!

Yup, it does......... and those are very nice screenies!

In response to your original post, LS: never.

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Very very impressive!!

But even though GP4 won't be that quality, it will still have very impressive gfx itself!!! Maybe GP5!? Who knows!?

GP4's graphics arent bad, in fact they are very good. Its not the graphical quality that counts, its the gameplay. I rather GP4 had GP3's graphics (or GP5 have GP4's graphics) and had extra stuff in like safety cars etc. When your racing along, you don't look at the scenary. You only look when you are sat in the gravel waiting to be towed away :)

Yeah I see what you mean, but Geoff Crammond's aim is to create a full on simulation - which also means the most realistic looking graphics. I care about the graphics and scrutinise them more because of the fact he calls it a simulation.
good point Cai

Its also easier to play a game with better graphics, i got new PC and GP3 is much easier and more fun now

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
You've got to remember that looking at those X-Box screenshots, they're clearly early production shots - and when Gp4 was at that progression stage, it was probably back in early 2001 sometime. By the time that game we're looking at on the X-Box comes out, they'll be some new graphical enhancement that makes it look out of date. Graphics move quickly.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
To a certain extend graphics do make a game, you've got to me able to see what your playing, and the sharper you can see it the easier and more realistic the game is to play.

However, the graphics in GP3 at a high res are detailed enough to play the game. Im not saying graphics shouldnt enhance over time, but GP4's graphics will be very sharp and clear in a few years, which means GP5 should have more time spent on the physics and detail levels, rather than a new 3D engine.

Just my opinion...

You know, I think that maybe the graphics are too clear. eg in real life, sponsor boards blur etc. I'd love to play a game which looked like the fish-eye cameras on the cars.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

wow look at the graphics on that ! my coputer is snide and has about 3 pixles and moves about 6 fps!........................im not messin ether............................im not
Yeah you have a point their qwerty. Although motion blur is realistic, from what ive seen on older games it makes you feel sick when its in a game. Its ok in real life, but its not for games. Im guessing thats why developers arent including it anymore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy