so when we gonna see tarmac and scenery like this then geoff?

Posted by LS. 
apparently in GP4 you can see the heat haze off the back of the car caused by the heat from the engine :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
okay the heat haze is a nice effect but it's nothing revolutionary. F12000 on the Playstation 1 had heat haze effects, so a PC game deep into 2002 should have things like heat haze by default. I'd like to see more things like being able to choose scrubbed or un-used tyres, and be able to see the effects on the tyres while the cars are on the grdi or whatever. Things like this should be mandatory as Michelins and Bridgestones are so different.
You have some good points there Cai, but let's face it - once you get playing it, will you really miss it? It's the same with the safety car situation. Coupled with the fact that it would be damn hard to program it to work properly, you'll probably forget about it once you get playing.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
I suppose not as much, but I'm a real sucker for authenticity, and I can't stand games that claim they are the most realistic and yet aren't by far. The gameplay is great and the graphics will be tasty but Crammond's aim is to create a real Grand Prix, but apparently without safety cars etc etc. I think Crammond is very guilty of sidetracking what a Grand Prix is comprised of, and instead just concentrates on what a car comprises of, which for me is not good enough. Sure, its great to drive in an ultra-realistic Ferrari, but with cars thave have exactly the same tyres?? Cars that can plough into you and provoke a measly yellow flag? I know this has been said before but I just hope this 5-year deal sorts these things out, otherwise we will just be stuck with an up-to-date game with no true race features.
"It's the same with the safety car situation. Coupled with the fact that it would be damn hard to program it to work properly"

I really dont understand why people are agaisnt the saftey car thing.

I mean, NASCAR games have them working perfectly, F1 99 had it working perfectly on the PS. Im sure of the PS can cope with it, a PCcan EASILY have a perfectly working saftey car.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
its all bullshit by crammons company that they can't implement these things in time

its down to squeezing out every last drop of money from the franchise

i would'nt be suprised if gp5 is only half done and features left out

he better watch out coz easports are going the right path, the same way that they did with the fifa series.

they bring out a game and every year they add to it, refine it , tweak etc and now fifa is the best football game out more or less,

this is what they'll do with the f1200x series and i for one will be keeping a very careful eye on it

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
So the EA games will start being good around F1-2010? :P
exatly LS

stop making excuse why not to put a safet car in, its been done before, it can be done again

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
So the EA games will start being good around F1-2010? :P

LoL.

stop making excuse why not to put a safet car in

Only if you stop moaning about it not being a feature. Jesus, you'd think they were making up unofficial tracks or deciding to turn it into an arcade street racer.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
And also, was it implemented well on the PS1? I mean, GC wants realism, and though safety car would improve this, if its not done well enough, there's no point.

Leave it for gp5

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

It was impelemnted on well PS1 actaully.

Crash - safey car out for one lap. Only thing that wanst good bout it was graphics - but it was a PS1 game!

"Only if you stop moaning about it not being a feature"

Actaully you brought it up dude, i just gave my opinion on something you mentioed, not me.

"You have some good points there Cai, but let's face it - once you get playing it, will you really miss it? It's the same with the safety car situation. Coupled with the fact that it would be damn hard to program it to work properly, you'll probably forget about it once you get playing."

A safety car feature would be nice, but with safety car you need a red flag which is fully working. I'd rather have none than have one or the other because it would just play havoc with gameplay.

"but with safety car you need a red flag which is fully working"

why?

Because different crashes have different results. For example. If there is a small accident with only a few cars, and maybe one on the track a safety car would be deployed. If there are loads of cars on the track and they cant move them in time the red flag is shown.

Now, if the game only had a safety car and no red flag and there was a huge accident with cars totally blocking the track, this would make it impossible to drive past the blockage, and the AI would probably totally cockup and wreck the game. If there was a red flag in the game too, the red flag would be deployed and the race would restart.

"this would make it impossible to drive past the blockage"

gp3 has infinate ammount of marshalls and infinite ammount of invisible cranes, im pretty sure GP4 is going too have them to.

I don't think it could clear say 13 cars all in the same space in time...you need both to work really well or its not worth it

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Yeah. Even if it could move 13 cars in a lap, that isnt realistic which defeats the purpose of the game really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy