gp4 novice and qualifying

Posted by msater 
gp4 novice and qualifying
Date: April 07, 2008 02:23PM
Posted by: msater
i am a novice on gp4, can anybody help me? my question is:

can you get a new version of qualifying e.g. single lap quali laps, or even better knockout qualifing?

if you can get this, can you give me the link, thx.

msater
Re: gp4 novice and qualifying
Date: April 07, 2008 06:16PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Hey Msater, and welcome to GP4!

Unfortunatly, you can't really simulate the real life single lap quali laps properly, or the knockout. If you've downloaded GPxPatch however, you can set how many cars (AI) that are on track at one time. So for single lap, set this to 3! You will be able to leave the pits whenever, but only 3 cars will ever been on track at once. But this won't really simulate the proper quali of a couple of years ago.

To do knockout, start by making Friday and Saturday practise sessions 15 mins only, and then when Friday is completed, modify the performance file for the bottom 6 drivers so they are really slow come Saturday Practise. Do this again, for normal quali. All the cars will run, but they will be a lot slower. This is about the only way to simulate knockout.

Hope that helps!

Mike.

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!
Re: gp4 novice and qualifying
Date: April 08, 2008 09:56AM
Posted by: Robert
You can't really simulate the knockout format, but you can do this (forgot who posted this advice):

Make quali 20 mins, and take the names of the 6 slowest drivers.
Then make quali 15 mins, and select to control you driver and the 6 who came last in the first session.
Take a note of the slowest 12 drivers, and then set the perf file so they are 500,600,700 etc. for quali perf.
Then run a 10 min session, and the drivers with modified perf should come 22-11 on the grid in the correct order :)

Only takes an hour, and it works quite well :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy