WGP Season3 || Sakhir - Bahrain ??? '08 || PG;41 - Jacarepagua FP+Q+RACE [Very Big 56k]

Posted by MDBSnake 
Not to keen on that. It is easier to score points in the tester's championship as you get points awarded wherever you finish whilst in the race you may retire and not score any points so allowing test drivers to transfer their points is unfair. It'll also make it confusing when sorting out the championships... What was wrong with leaving the rules as they were? Test Driver points stay in the test driver championship, race driver points stay in the Race Driver's Championship

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2008 12:06PM by brunoboi.
Well I'm open to changing it. I get what you mean about the tester points compared to race points so that's an issue I had not considered when changing the rules. Maikel asked about some points for Marjanne, and I have checked and the 14 points she earned at Zandvoort was as a test driver. I'm guessing that Maikel was assuming that the points were transferable.
If everyone is happy with it I can edit the rules to leave the points system as it was ok. :-)
Get back to me on it.

Changed rules would then be;

A test driver moving to a race seat within a series cannot transfer his/her accumulated test points to the driver championship. Performance points previously earned are automatically transferred.
A race driver moving to a test drivers seat within a series cannot transfer his/her accumulated test points to the test drivers championship. Performance points previously earned are automatically transferred.
Points transfers are not allowed during series transfers.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2008 05:36PM by mortal.
I think what Maikel meant was that Marjanne's performance numbers were wrong ;-)

brunoboi schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is easier to score points
> in the tester's championship as you get points
> awarded wherever you finish whilst in the race you
> may retire and not score any points so allowing
> test drivers to transfer their points is unfair.

Yes it might be unfair, but being a racedriver brings these circumstances, if you wanna race, well then there is always a chance you might just not finish and will earn no perf points while as testdriver you have less action but more safety

mortal schreef:
> Well I'm open to changing it. I get what you mean
> about the tester points compared to race points so
> that's an issue I had not considered when changing
> the rules. Maikel asked about some points for
> Marjanne, and I have checked and the 14 points she
> earned at Zandvoort was as a test driver. I'm
> guessing that Maikel was assuming that the points
> were transferable.
> If everyone is happy with it I can edit the rules
> to leave the points system as it was ok. :-)
> Get back to me on it.

That would be pretty stupid .. why did these points showed up when she started racing in Germany then? She had 16034 there, 20 + 14 from FP Zandvoort. And why would they be gone next race then? If she would have scored 13 points or less in the race (or anyone else in the same scenario) her perf would have dropped instead of going up or staying the same with a retirement.

And if you let testdrivers lose their points when they become race drivers .. there would be no point in awarding them to testdrivers in the first place, they would be gone to a standard perf as soon the driver in question hits the saturday/sunday sessions.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2008 05:02AM by MDBSnake.
I agree, the rules were just fine the way they were.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
MDBSnake Wrote:
> That would be pretty stupid .. why did these
> points showed up when she started racing in
> Germany then? She had 16034 there, 20 + 14 from FP
> Zandvoort. And why would they be gone next race
> then? If she would have scored 13 points or less
> in the race (or anyone else in the same scenario)
> her perf would have dropped instead of going up or
> staying the same with a retirement.
>
> And if you let testdrivers lose their points when
> they become race drivers .. there would be no
> point in awarding them to testdrivers in the first
> place, they would be gone to a standard perf as
> soon the driver in question hits the
> saturday/sunday sessions.

Maikel you, like Mal have got the wrong end of the stick!
Test drivers DO keep their performance points when transferring to a race seat - They DO NOT keep their test championship points.
Mal simply made a mistake when doing Marjanne's performance numbers ;)

brunoboi schreef:
> MDBSnake Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That would be pretty stupid .. why did these
> > points showed up when she started racing in
> > Germany then? She had 16034 there, 20 + 14 from
> FP
> > Zandvoort. And why would they be gone next race
> > then? If she would have scored 13 points or
> less
> > in the race (or anyone else in the same
> scenario)
> > her perf would have dropped instead of going up
> or
> > staying the same with a retirement.
> >
> > And if you let testdrivers lose their points
> when
> > they become race drivers .. there would be no
> > point in awarding them to testdrivers in the
> first
> > place, they would be gone to a standard perf as
> > soon the driver in question hits the
> > saturday/sunday sessions.
>
> Maikel you, like Mal have got the wrong end of the
> stick!
> Test drivers DO keep their performance points when
> transferring to a race seat - They DO NOT keep
> their test championship points.
> Mal simply made a mistake when doing Marjanne's
> performance numbers ;)

Well yes we both misunderstood then ;) It's all cleared up now then for me - ty Tom
Though I expect Marjanne's numbers to be fixed then ;) hehe ^^

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
This should be correct for Marjanne;

[Team #01]
Name=Team Scolari,Ferrari
Performance=818,838,939
First Driver=5,Byron van het Bolscher,16117,557,16147,557
Second Driver=6,Marjanne de Jager,16034,586,16064,586

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
[Team #01]
Name=Team Scolari,Ferrari
Performance=818,838,939
First Driver=5,Byron van het Bolscher,16117,557,16147,557
Second Driver=6,Marjanne de Jager,16052,586,16082,586

This it seems to me ;-)

16020 - +14 Zandvoort
16034 - +18 Germany
16052 - For 3rd race in Belgium

edit - nvm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2008 11:33PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Is it 'I can't be arsed to read the post above properly' day on the forums or something? ;)

brunoboi schreef:
> Is it 'I can't be arsed to read the post above
> properly' day on the forums or something? ;)

i just edited my post ;) nvm

Wasn't Marjanne testing at some stage? When was that?

brunoboi Wrote:
> Not to keen on that. It is easier to score points
> in the tester's championship as you get points
> awarded wherever you finish whilst in the race you
> may retire and not score any points so allowing
> test drivers to transfer their points is unfair.

> It'll also make it confusing when sorting out the
> championships... What was wrong with leaving the
> rules as they were? Test Driver points stay in the
> test driver championship, race driver points stay
> in the Race Driver's Championship

I am glad that now that someone important in the series mentioned it, it will be looked at. Really sucked having so many testers come in and have an advantage over the old-timers/racers. I remember all my propositions regarding perf adjustments but I seem to get easily overlooked by some people.

Edit: while re-reading the page I realized that I should clarify my post. I mean points earned towards performance, a multiplication of Tester Perf x .999 for example. (A 16100 perf would turn to 16084)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2008 12:54AM by Guimengo.
I don't think so, the point of test drivers is to get soemone who has not been in the series before and so has a standard performance to become a competitive driver more easily. i believe the system at the moment does that and is perfectly fair. If a race driver wants to try and boost their performance then they can jump into a test seat, sure it means they dont get as much coverage but they get a performance advantage. This means there are more tactical decisions for drivers and team managers to make AND it also means managers dont have to stick with inactive drivers as there are new drivers with strong performances coming through the ranks.

mortal schreef:
> Wasn't Marjanne testing at some stage? When was
> that?

Yes, she tested in Zandvoort GP and scored 14 testdrivers points which should be equal to 14 performance points (??)
Then she got in the racing seat in race 2, Hockenheim, and she scored 18 points there, which is equal to 18 perf points

Well thinking she started with basic perf: 16020, add the 14 + 18 and you'll get 16052, quali perf is then 30 higher which makes 16082.

And that will make:
Second Driver=6,Marjanne de Jager,16052,586,16082,586

As for her driverchampionships points, she got 18 - the 14 from the testing in Zandvoort stays in the testdriver championship and will NOT be taken into the driver championship

Can anyone paint Falcon Racing's car, I know what I want for the design. So if you can, please pm. I just don't find red as a personal favourite colour.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
If you don't find anyone, send me a PM and I'll see if I can do it. Should be good motivation for me to paint the Senna BR for S3 as well
I can paint ur car Ryan no problem. PM i love to paint.

Raymond Buijs - Thunder Design

Burn Rubber, Not your soul !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy