Talladega 500 Superspeedway Tri-Oval track - Released

Posted by drt01 
Talladega 500 Superspeedway Tri-Oval track - Released
Date: December 10, 2007 10:31PM
Posted by: drt01
Hello,
after Indy Oval now i present my second oval Track: Talladega 500 Superspeedway Tri-Oval track.
Some info:
based on Original Indy GP4 Track, Pit-Garages Tools 2007 and Pitstands 2007 by TTM, Sky by LEE71.

Thank againg to Ruboy and friends for permission to use hi-res update of Indianapolis 2007 and thank to b-tone and MarioB for let me use some .tex files and graphical Objects (Trucks, Chopper, adverts, etc.) of their 2006 Nurburgring.

Gp4Italia and Gp4world can host the track if they desire.

New DownLoad Link

[FileHost.JustFreeSpace.Com]

or

[rapidshare.com]

Enjoy...
Davide

Some Pictures:
;;

;;

;

bye

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 10:53PM by drt01.
Great Job, this is so cool.
Bellissimo grazie ma non riesco a scaricarlo, dopo che schiaccio per scaricarlo mi dà un errore :(
Re: Talladega 500 Superspeedway Tri-Oval track - Released
Date: December 10, 2007 11:07PM
Posted by: nhorry
Good pics, but I can't download it. Timer Bypass is the message. Any ideas?
Date: December 10, 2007 11:18PM
Posted by: Gusgus
It doesn't seem good to me, as I am a real oval fan, it's not realistic. Please, correct the banking which is far from being what it should be : 33° in corners, 16.5° in the tri-oval section. But it's not only a question of banking : you have to elevate the track so that the point which is at the inside of the track is at the same altitude at every sector of the track. I don't know if I said it right, so here is a picture :

And to finish about banking, the transition between from 0° to 33° and from 0° to 16.5° should be cosine, not linear.

The track is 100 meters longer, I think it's is really too much.

Something else is the CC Line which in my opinion needs a complete reworking, the ideal line is in the inside of the track.

Some hints :

- if you want to rework it, try to get Nascar Racing 2003 to grab realistic Talladega track objects and textures.
- here is a page from Talladega Superspeedway official website, with a lot of data you could use to make it better : [www.talladegasuperspeedway.com]

And last, you could try to simulate the real cameras around the track so that we have the feeling to see the race on TV.

In conclusion, I think you should rework it so that you can provide better tracks in the future.

My workthread here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 11:24PM by Gusgus.
Same problem here, nhorry.
Date: December 10, 2007 11:32PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Gusgus surely has got some points, but nevertheless good work for one of your first projects :) You used good textures and also some nice objects.

The phyiscal part is most important (imo) for a good track and sometimes it's dificult to get everything right. But maybe you can use this as a base for improving skills on cc-line and track sectors.

Date: December 10, 2007 11:39PM
One more thing, I just opened the .gp4 with GP4Builder, and checked the useless textures : there are hundreads of those, which makes the .wad heavy. Yould take them off and re-release the track. On the other hand, some textures are missing...

But don't worry, you will soon be able to criticise my work ;)

My workthread here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 11:50PM by Gusgus.
Date: December 11, 2007 12:20AM
Hello,

for the download problem i think the File front has a temporary problem with his server. Try later.
new link moved on the first post

@gusgus... you'are right but... the perfection is a limit that i've not reach yet. If you want try to put into reality your suggestions.

bye

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 10:54PM by drt01.
Date: December 11, 2007 06:40AM
Posted by: Vomit
Nice work. There is never too much ovals in GP4. Thank you, keep up the good work
WE NEED THIS GUY!!! ;)

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

lol, that was a good movie, but the highlight was definitely jean girard ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Oh god, I hated that movie to think NASCAR went and promoted it, uhhh.
Date: December 11, 2007 09:38AM
Posted by: dkpioe
that movie was gay. which means it was crap, but it also was literally gay which made it worse. i didnt even watch the last half hour.
Date: December 11, 2007 07:28PM
Posted by: MarioB
drt01 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------

> thank to b-tone and MarioB for let me use some
> .tex files and graphical Objects (Trucks, Chopper,
> adverts, etc.) of their 2006 Nurburgring.
>
Maybe it's better to ask permission before you release a track, i can't remember i have ever recieved a message from you or even talked with you... A real shame....what's wrong with some guys, is it so hard to send a pm???
Nice to see guys making track but it don't like it this way. So it's fine for the objects you used for this track but you don't have to do it again....

edit; so sorry Davide, indeed you asked permission to Tony. I didn't knew that, sorry again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 05:07PM by MarioB.
Date: December 11, 2007 07:45PM
drt01 Wrote:
> @gusgus... you'are right but... the perfection is
> a limit that i've not reach yet. If you want try
> to put into reality your suggestions.
>
> bye

I'm not asking for perfection, because it doesn't exist. But that doesn't mean you have to rush your work. I won't try to improve your track, because :

- it's your job to do so, not mine
- it would mean to redo the whole track from scratch, which is too much work for me ATM
- I have other projects, soon coming to release, quite similar to yours, which will have everything I suggested to you

My workthread here
Date: December 11, 2007 10:10PM
Hello Mariob,

i've asked permission to b-tone with PM a month ago ....and he said that was ok... what is wrong?
Date: December 12, 2007 11:27AM
Posted by: dkpioe
Gusgus Wrote:

> - it's your job to do so, not mine

Its not his job to do anything, he built a track, and hes happy with how it is, and you come here and didnt write anything positive, except told him its no good and you told him to remake it:

>It doesn't seem good to me, as I am a real oval fan, it's not realistic. Please, correct the banking
etc etc

Look gusgus, if you dont like it, dont use it. and dont go telling people to correct things just to please you, instead go make it yourself like drt01 wrote.

>But don't worry, you will soon be able to criticise my work

I hope he does, and only in a negative way like you. Anyone can make a track how they want, some people dont have hours and hours everyday to sit there making it better to impress people like you Gusgus, some people are happy to have the track at a certain in level, and have fun driving on it how it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 11:33AM by dkpioe.
Date: December 12, 2007 11:48AM
dkpioe Wrote:
> Gusgus Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > - it's your job to do so, not mine
>
>
> Its not his job to do anything, he built a track,
> and hes happy with how it is, and you come here
> and didnt write anything positive, except told him
> its no good and you told him to remake it:
>
> >It doesn't seem good to me, as I am a real oval
> fan, it's not realistic. Please, correct the
> banking
> etc etc
>
> Look gusgus, if you dont like it, dont use it. and
> dont go telling people to correct things just to
> please you, instead go make it yourself like drt01
> wrote.

I wrote what I thought of the track. If you want my point, this must be a great oval to drive, but it's just an oval similar to Talladega Superspeedway.

I was planning not to use it, I have been told that it won't be modified, so I won't use it, that's simple. If he doesn't want to get better, it's his problem, not mine. I tried to make it see how to progress, but no sign from him to look for this progress, that's OK.

As I already said, I have other projects, planned long time ago, which take all my time at the moment, so if I was to make my own Talladega, I wouldn't begin it before more than a year, and it wouldn't be ready before two years.

And if you really want to know, part of my projects, there is a version of Indianapolis similar to his, began before he even thought about doing it.

My workthread here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2007 11:48AM by Gusgus.
Date: December 12, 2007 01:06PM
Posted by: celinho
In the track that installed this happening a problem in the start of the running.
Even without accelerate, jump start happens of the car, losing itself like this a valuable time regarding the others cars.
It is possible correct this problem in the near version...

Na pista que instalei esta acontecendo um problema na largada da corrida.
Mesmo sem acelerar, acontece jump start do carro, perdendo-se assim um tempo valioso com relação aos outros carros.
É possível corrigir este problema na próxima versão....

En el rastro que instaló este acontecimiento un problema en el comienzo del correr.
Aún sin acelera, arranca sucede del coche, perdiéndose quiere este un tiempo valioso con respecto a los coches de otros.
Es posible correcto este problema en la versión cercano...

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy