Stuttering sound

Posted by bazil83 
Stuttering sound
Date: December 17, 2008 06:54PM
Posted by: bazil83
Okay, I've been having this issue for a while, but never really bothered to do anything about it since I figured it was just to do with the performance of my desktop, but I get this stuttering sound occasionally, mainly during areas of high detail; start/finish straight with grandstands and pitwall etc etc (which is why I believe it's computer performance related, also because it's even more frequent when recording a replay using Fraps). You can hear it best here during the onboard moments:

[tinyurl.com]

I think it might be similar to this guy's problem, which he said, and someone else said, they found a fix for:

[www.racesimulations.com]

Thanks for the help
Re: Stuttering sound
Date: December 18, 2008 07:53PM
Posted by: BAR#10
[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Hi Bazil, read these two threads, maybe they can be of some help.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Re: Stuttering sound
Date: December 18, 2008 10:13PM
Posted by: bazil83
Hi,

Yeah I figure it's my onboard soundcard... Think I'll invest in a new one. The sound is perfect on my laptop; very high spec etc etc. Either that or I'll just run it through my laptop with one of my 17" monitors plugged into the laptop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy