Has anyone ever thought of/suggested

Posted by flyingfinn2 
Has anyone ever thought of/suggested
Date: December 08, 2007 11:36AM
Posted by: flyingfinn2
...Making at Bathurst track for GP4. All of the Aussie members will know of this track and possiblly many others, but has anyone ever attempted to make this awesome track for GP4? If not why hasnt anyone ;) haha

Cheers
Re: Has anyone ever thought of/suggested
Date: December 08, 2007 12:25PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
I think that track is in the make :-)
Date: December 08, 2007 12:26PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i tried, but i gave up after i realised i dont even know how to do simple tracks and elevations.

maybe someone could convert the rFactor version, i think that is pretty realistic

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 08, 2007 05:01PM
Posted by: dkpioe
whats the point? really, just go play rfactor, it looks heaps better graphics wise then any gp4 track ever will, plus you actually get to race cars that race at bathurst. theres no point in making it for gp4 just for the sake of making it. and to answer your question, yes it has been suggested lots of times, but there are more worthy things to make for the gp4 game engine, and bathurst would only satisfy a few die hard fans. so youll have to wait for a die hard fan to make it.
Date: December 08, 2007 05:07PM
Posted by: Shaddix
I think the track might be too big for GP4, not shure though
Date: December 08, 2007 05:13PM
Posted by: paranoik0
It's not too long.

According to this site --> [theracingline.net] <-- , Bathurst is 6.2km, the GP4 track limit is roughly about 7.0-7.5km if I remember right.
Date: December 08, 2007 05:37PM
Posted by: Ruboy
The lenght is no problem.

I see no reason why this track should not satisfy all GP4 players (except dkpioe ;-) ) because it is very challenging. As we have a brilliant DTM mod now it makes even more sense, and other great non-F1 mods are in the making...so no doubt about that.
Only point is that it's much work. If anyone starts with this he should be convinced to create high-quality work and know that he has to put in some efforts and keep on working patiently. Just to create an inaccurate track in a rush just to make it available is no good solution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 05:38PM by Ruboy.
Date: December 08, 2007 06:06PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Driving Bathurst is a hell of a job, the same for making the track for GP4.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 09, 2007 07:06AM
last year zeppelin was considering a v8 mod, but it seems it didn't eventuate... [www.grandprixgames.org]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 09, 2007 08:00AM
Posted by: super__alonso
The Bathurst track for V83 or TOCA3 is the best one made and that would be the only one to convert. Bathurst is the best track anywhere in the world, but it has never been made correctly for people to enjoy.
Date: December 09, 2007 10:15AM
i think the rF one is slightly better than the RD3 one, because a few of the run-offs are incorrect. however, i wouldn't complain about either being converted

bathurst would definitely be fun and challenging in either DTMs or F1s i think.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 09, 2007 10:33AM
Posted by: flyingfinn2
Glad this has some interest :D

Any way I could help someone who wanted to do this, i'd be happy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy