GrandprixX.com - WSC 1989 beta online!

Posted by b-tone 
Re: GrandprixX.com - WSC 1989 beta online!
Date: February 13, 2009 08:08PM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Same as msater. Made some laps at Barcellona. It's a good physis thinking about that this an early beta.

Howewer the cokpit view is supplied by another one (the alternative car camera)

Strange that the other veicles in free pratice don't have helmet, arms, steeringwheel and wells in the right place.

Well detailed model, both the weels. I must do a damage test, for now only one tyre that's gone, but not in my intention.

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: February 14, 2009 10:23AM
Posted by: MarioB
Rot Teufel schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same as msater. Made some laps at Barcellona. It's
> a good physis thinking about that this an early
> beta.
>
> Howewer the cokpit view is supplied by another one
> (the alternative car camera)
>
> Strange that the other veicles in free pratice
> don't have helmet, arms, steeringwheel and wells
> in the right place.
>
> Well detailed model, both the weels. I must do a
> damage test, for now only one tyre that's gone,
> but not in my intention.

Rot Teufel and msater; Thanks for your comments on the beta.
Very useful for us and hopefully you will continue to give us more feedback.
Indeed i agreed the physics need some work, i like the way the cars behave in corners, braking and accelerating. We need more top speed and i think the performance/team isn't correct how it is now. But we (Tony)are working on it and we will get it right.

For sure we need a generic cockpit, but the C9 has a nice one, so driving this mod i will use the C9's.

Hopefully a new update will release soon with some new cars and some more stuff (maybe Brands Hatch). And hopefully we will get more replies on this mod.

Now i want to make a appeal; is there someone around us who can write and read Japanese, at least anyone who can make Japanese signs and want to help me out with some advertisements of '89 Suzuka, please contact me....Of course anyone else who can contribute a positive input this this mod (3ds shaper, painter, track builder) please contact me.

Grtz

MarioB

Date: February 16, 2009 09:03AM
first, sorry for orthographic errors, normally i don't write wrong.

Howewer i made another test at Hocknheim (2001 layout), good track to test this car. Pretty similar times and physis to an illegal mod (a not allowed conversion, i use it only for fun) for rFactor. (Hockenheim for rF is a conversion from GP4)
Both with top speed we're really close (335 km/h, 345 with rF)

I made a little damage test, really nice see that rear wing and rear cockpit gone. I need to try it car on car.

Found why only two cars have the right tweaker position of arms, wheels, etc, etc.. There're the only two allowed to make a race

Date: February 16, 2009 09:48AM
Rot Teufel schreef:
> first, sorry for orthographic errors, normally i
> don't write wrong.
>
> Howewer i made another test at Hocknheim (2001
> layout), good track to test this car. Pretty
> similar times and physis to an illegal mod (a not
> allowed conversion, i use it only for fun) for
> rFactor. (Hockenheim for rF is a conversion from
> GP4)
> Both with top speed we're really close (335 km/h,
> 345 with rF)
>
> I made a little damage test, really nice see that
> rear wing and rear cockpit gone. I need to try it
> car on car.
>
> Found why only two cars have the right tweaker
> position of arms, wheels, etc, etc.. There're the
> only two allowed to make a race

About the orthographic errors; it doesn't matter, i understand what you mean, and i make many errors as well....

So top speed is looking well i think. Did you change the set up of the car? If so could you try Suzuka or gp4's original Nurburgring and see what your lap times are, please? 335km'h isn't too bad, i have no idea what the the real speeds were for the WSC cars. I know in 1989 the cars reached op top speed of 400km/h on Mulsanne straight. But they drove with the lowest down force possible and the set up was all top speed. Maybe they should reach on the old Hockenheim at least 360km/h.

About the damage, looking good, need some work i think.

About the tweaker, when we release more cars, those will be right or the other cars as well. I don't know what cars will be released with the new beta (Tony) but it will be better than this beta.

Thank you for testing and reporting to us.

Grtz

MarioB

Date: February 16, 2009 10:55AM
Hi,

Maybe nice to see this, some time ago Tony made a video of the WSC mod on Mexico. So anyone who's interested to watch it;

The Jag and the Porsches are based on other cars; does cars aren't ready yet. But hopefully the Porsche 962 will be ready soon.

Grtz

MarioB

Date: February 16, 2009 06:14PM
Posted by: f1total
As missing "%" to the track in Mexico is ready?
Date: February 16, 2009 06:28PM
Posted by: gp_2112
If you're looking for some references in terms of the cars' performance, maybe you'll find these links interesting:

Results from the 1989 WSC, including practice lap times:
[wsrp.ic.cz]

Technical information on some cars' aerodynamic performance values (Porsche, Nissan, Jaguar - sometimes not exactly 1989, but close):
[www.mulsannescorner.com]
Date: February 16, 2009 07:10PM
Ok, make some laps with full fuel at suzuka, ace as difficolt level.
Comparison with times in rF. I made normally 1.55 /1.58 at suzuka, here with a not perfect lap, 1.51.159. I think that i could do a 1.50 without errors.
AI does an 1.52.203, slower than me.

With top speed we're close at suzuka, same.

Damage model: car on car, need to be fix on the front damage, only windows gone.

PS: just compare with real times at the link that gp 2112 give us, in reality was 1.54

Date: February 16, 2009 07:24PM
Posted by: J-C
Here are some videos:

Dijon: [dailymotion.virgilio.it]
Jarama: [www.dailymotion.com]
Brands Hatch: [www.dailymotion.com]
Donington Park: [dailymotion.virgilio.it]
Spa: [dailymotion.virgilio.it]
Nurburgring [dailymotion.virgilio.it]
Suzuka: [dailymotion.virgilio.it]

Cheers :)

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 07:28PM by J-C.
Date: February 16, 2009 09:44PM
f1 total; no the track isn't ready yet, maybe Tony can gives us a indication about the progress of this track.

gp 2112; thanks for the links, i knew these ones already but you can always send links, maybe there are some i don't know. Anyone who can find some Japanese links, not just WSPC but JSPC as well.

Rot Teufel; thanks for your testing again, so 1.50 would be possible. Pole position was 1.50.6 for the Toyota 89C-V so that's pretty close. Did you drive with Traction Control or without?
At least when we have more cars the physics and performance need a lot if work. But how do you feel driving the cars, do you think they are to easy or maybe too hard? I watched a lot of videos of those cars, it looks they had a lot of understeer turning into corners and when you hit the accelerator too fast you will get oversteer for sure. A lot of acceleration power and high top speed and low corner speed. Do you agree?

J-C; thanks for the videos, luckily i have them all and some complete races of 89 but when you find videos, pictures and links, please keep them sending.

Thank you all....

Grtz

MarioB

Date: February 17, 2009 05:23PM
I use keyboard and TC on, but if try to push hard i got those feelings (understeering in, oversteering out). Howewer we have to think that there was no TC and differential was mechanical. Howewer to be sure i'll re install the rF mod for make some comparison.
And a lot of weight on back. I have ran almost 12 laps before made the 1.51 and learn the limit of the car.
Maybe i'll try with steering wheel on this weekend.

So i don't know about qualify rules of WSGT 89 (or better prototype C), they got full fuel like me for made the pole?

PS: I know that modding is hard, but are in program in the future the Jaguar XRJ-12, Lancia LC2, Mazda 767B?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 05:25PM by Rot Teufel.
Date: February 17, 2009 06:00PM
Posted by: drafi5
@ Rot Teufel:
what rFactor mod do you use to compare ?

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: February 17, 2009 07:25PM
drafi5 Wrote:
> @ Rot Teufel:
> what rFactor mod do you use to compare ?

if you're interested i can send you a pm :look:
Date: February 17, 2009 08:30PM
Posted by: drafi5
Yes, I am.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: February 17, 2009 08:42PM
Posted by: plodekk
MarioB:
no the track isn't ready yet, maybe Tony can gives us a indication about the progress of this track.

Tony, where are you?? ;)

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999
Date: February 17, 2009 09:23PM
Rot Teufel schreef:
> I use keyboard and TC on, but if try to push hard
> i got those feelings (understeering in,
> oversteering out). Howewer we have to think that
> there was no TC and differential was mechanical.
> Howewer to be sure i'll re install the rF mod for
> make some comparison.
> And a lot of weight on back. I have ran almost 12
> laps before made the 1.51 and learn the limit of
> the car.
> Maybe i'll try with steering wheel on this
> weekend.
>
> So i don't know about qualify rules of WSGT 89 (or
> better prototype C), they got full fuel like me
> for made the pole?
>
> PS: I know that modding is hard, but are in
> program in the future the Jaguar XRJ-12, Lancia
> LC2, Mazda 767B?

Ahhh, ok TC was on, they didn't had TC for these cars. You will find out it will be much harder to drive these cars without TC. About the differential, to be honest i don't know. But for sure when you drive without TC, corner speed will be slower, so i think the cars need to be more powerfull and get higher top speeds. But again thank you for testing; good information from you...

About the qualify rules; 2 qualifying sessions about 150-180 minutes!!! But empty tanks for sure, the qualifying times were much faster than the fastest race lap. Of course they had during the races problems with the tires and fuel consumption.

About the cars; at the moment we have a Sauber C9, Nissan R89C, AMR1, Spice SE89C. The Porsche is in progress by Erik, at the moment Aid is working on the Toyota 89CV. For sure there will be a Jaguar made, by now i can't tell you if it will be the XJR-11 or XJR-9 or maybe both, but without this car there will be no WSC mod.
About the other cars, we want a mod with as much cars as possible but it will depends how many cars the cars builder wants to build for the mod. Everyone knows how difficult it is to build a car, so at the moment we are very happy with the cars we have and the cars which are in progress. But let's keep the fingers crossed and maybe we have chose of 30 or more different cars (there are 5 or 6 different 962 shapes)and we are able to drive on the big Le Mans track, we keep on dreaming.....

Thanks

MarioB

Date: February 17, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Rot Teuffel, could you PM me? I am not going to report anything, just want to double check said mod (I have F1C, GTR 2, and rF).

MarioB, if pole was 1:50.6 then it must have been a great lap under little fuel. It should take a very good GP4er to match that lap and beat it by maybe .5s if he nails it ingame where he doesn't need to worry about real damage. If after just a few laps with little tweak a time within 1s of it can be reached then there is something that can be optimized with the (early beta) physics. These cars had very nice grip and acceleration/speed and weren't tooooo far from F1s. Big fat slicks and tons of downforce... make sure there's good drag, nervous acceleration, semi-decent slip angle and a very nice base should be set. I hope this kicks a lot of butt (Y).
Date: February 18, 2009 08:19PM
Posted by: kaid
ok a little update from me :)

started this weekend from scratch. This 1 is gonna have a lot of more polies then my nissan.

toyota 89c-v

Date: February 18, 2009 08:28PM
OMG...........

I knew you was working on that car, but how can you build that car in just a short time. As i told you before you are a real artist...I can't wait to see the #50 driving around (you know why)
Thank you, Aid, incredible job....

Grtz

Mark

Date: February 19, 2009 08:26AM
So i continue the test on Nurb this time.
I made some laps without TC (and play with keyboard): yes, i feel the power, we're in right direction about the power.

Times: this time i made almost a perfect lap (full fuel), TC on (it's quite difficolt without, it's easy spinning), 1.28.380 me, AI 1.30.338.
We really need to fix the AI performance.

Nice to see a new model :o

PS: about Le Mans 1989 track and 30 cars in grid, if i remember well, remove the track limit will be more easy than have 30 cars in grid, right?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy