Elimeno (fictional oval) released

Posted by b-tone 
Re: Elimeno (fictional oval) released
Date: September 10, 2007 11:12AM
Posted by: _Erix_
Math, if you play the 2004 mod via CSM, why not use TSM as well? When you open the TSM window you can create your own trackprofile. You can then hook it up to the 2004 mod through the mod's configurables. PM me if you need more help on this or even better check this:
[www.grandprixx.com]

Steven, relax mate. If Tony wanted a non tsm version, he would have released it ;-)

How hard is it to install a track with TSM and then use it the way you like? What is wrong with adjusting yourself to this situation. GP4 users that still stick to 2002/3 modding know what to do. Newcomers should install CSM right after GPxPatch so they have nothing to worry about.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: September 10, 2007 05:14PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
_Erix_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Math, if you play the 2004 mod via CSM, why not
> use TSM as well? When you open the TSM window you
> can create your own trackprofile. You can then
> hook it up to the 2004 mod through the mod's
> configurables. PM me if you need more help on this
> or even better check this:
> [www.grandprixx.com]
> 1
>
>
> Steven, relax mate. If Tony wanted a non tsm
> version, he would have released it ;-)
>
>
> How hard is it to install a track with TSM and
> then use it the way you like? What is wrong with
> adjusting yourself to this situation. GP4 users
> that still stick to 2002/3 modding know what to
> do. Newcomers should install CSM right after
> GPxPatch so they have nothing to worry about.

its not about that, he can give me an answer yer or no, can't be that hard but the site already decided not to ask again or to host them now or in the futher.
Date: September 10, 2007 05:46PM
Posted by: dkpioe
Bigbrother... there is an agenda going on with certain people at grandprixgames.org... they want people to have in their mind that csm/tsm is what you 'need' for updating gp4, this is to seperate them from gp4spain and other gp4 users and fans.. they wont let you release it non-tsm, because they want to control the gp4 mod scene, and csm/tsm is their way of doing it.

for a user like me it sucks, because i cant even run tsm, and the only reason i installed the thing was to 'extract the track' so i could try to play tsm released tracks, which once ive extracted, id rename and copy the track the old fashioned way, i dont want some stupid program like csm or tsm controlling my gp4 setup, i want control over it.
Date: September 10, 2007 06:02PM
i only have a problem that i have no answer on my question for more then two weeks thats my issue, so i don't have interest anymore and indeed seems strange that people that doesn't use tsm are left in the cold !
Date: September 10, 2007 09:16PM
Posted by: _Erix_
@dkpioe
lol, that was fun to read :D I confess, CSM and TSM are the ultimate mind control applications and I'm in their grasp forever. Honestly I think you need a girlfriend ;-) I just read you have a DX8 error, let Zaz know what the problem is so he can fix it.

To me it's strange that it's always the same people complaining. Isn't it time to call it a day? Even if you can't/won't use CSM or TSM, you can still extract the files with it and do with it whatever you desire. So maybe you have to do a little bit more work to get it all running. The tracks and mods that are released are great, don't we agree? That's all thanks to CSM. Without CSM there wouldn't have been a 1979, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2004, 2005 and 2006 mod. Now think of the thousands of users that have no complaints running CSM and TSM. It's just like reallife, you can't satisfy everyone, deal with it mates!

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2007 09:23PM by _Erix_.
Date: September 10, 2007 10:56PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
" To me it's strange that it's always the same people complaining. Isn't it time to call it a day? Even if you can't/won't use CSM or TSM, you can still extract the files with it and do with it whatever you desire. So maybe you have to do a little bit more work to get it all running. The tracks and mods that are released are great, don't we agree? That's all thanks to CSM. Without CSM there wouldn't have been a 1979, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2004, 2005 and 2006 mod. Now think of the thousands of users that have no complaints running CSM and TSM. It's just like reallife, you can't satisfy everyone, deal with it mates!"

good points erik & thank god for all you guys making these fantastic works...
but steven hit the nail on the head also...

" indeed seems strange that people that doesn't use tsm are left in the cold "

theres a stink off my way or nothing attitude that need to be more flexable
in future works if all are to enjoy/use them....
in this case a very simple request for a non tsm version starts the usual
it works fine for me etc attitude...the guys with pc related problems with these tools aren't asking for blood....just a simple request once again
for a non tsm version....i agree with steven theres a vey cold response when asking (not demanding) if a non tsm/csm version be made available by authors..
exception being you erik....91 mod well recieved.
i spoke with paolo about this in length many times in the past & this blinkered
view is in danger of splintering an already fragile community into the have's & have nots..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2007 10:58PM by jimbob1.
Date: September 11, 2007 01:21AM
Posted by: borgo9
We have a problem.

This track don't run. It abortes when the race is loading.

I renamed the .DAT and .WAD to a1ring2001.wad and s1ct06.dat and replaced then in their respective place, but it still cracking.

I think it's a download problem or something like this, because one of my GP4's friends had the same problem.

Maybe a new hosting could be the solution, but, i don't know if it's the trully problem.

Sorry my poor english and thanks
Date: September 11, 2007 02:13AM
Posted by: Gusgus
Same here, and moreover it runs fine with TSM... Strange, isn't it...

My workthread here
Date: September 11, 2007 07:07AM
did you set the verbosity on low, medium or high ? try that and the track will run fine :-)
Date: September 11, 2007 08:01AM
Posted by: MarioB
Hi,

In the trackdirectory there is a add to map. Add all those files to the wad and it will run fine.

Grtz

MarioB
Date: September 11, 2007 05:16PM
Posted by: Gusgus
Bigbrother ecrit:
> did you set the verbosity on low, medium or high ?
> try that and the track will run fine :-)

Yes, I always have verbosity to high, and the track crashes at the middle of the loading bar.

MarioB ecrit:
> Hi,
>
> In the trackdirectory there is a add to map. Add
> all those files to the wad and it will run fine.
>
> Grtz
>
> MarioB

Elimeno doesn't have a "Add to map" or "Add to wad" folder, and is not designed to have one, the .ini file doesn't specify to TSM to add files from one of those folders.

My workthread here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2007 05:19PM by Gusgus.
Date: February 16, 2013 08:05PM
Posted by: noisewater
Sorry to pull up this very old thread but could someone be kind enough to send me the .dat and .wad files of this track?

For some reason TSM isn't working properly on my computer anymore so I have to add the .dat and .wad files manually to. TSM won't let me extract the files from the tsm file itself either.
Date: February 16, 2013 09:32PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
[www44.zippyshare.com]

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 17, 2013 11:14AM
Posted by: noisewater
@ Turbo Lover:
-------------------

Thank you!
Date: April 06, 2018 01:06PM
Posted by: KatyB
I'm having trouble installing this track. I get an error, a memory type error, on the loading screen. Are there any special installation instructions? I've got the files untouched that came with the download in a folder and put elimeno.dat into a slot in GPxPatch. Does it have to go in a specific slot or a specific folder or do I need downloads of some sort?
Date: April 06, 2018 03:53PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I would like a current download location for this track to try also. That zippyfile says it's expired. Thanks
Date: April 06, 2018 05:32PM
Posted by: quickslick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy