Posted by rdl24rob 
Re: Fantasy F1 track WIP
Date: October 11, 2007 08:41PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Really nice work:)
Date: October 12, 2007 05:37PM
Posted by: rdl24rob
Hey, would anybody want to create the CC-Line and just help with a couple bugs that i am having with the track , would really appreciate it
my email address is roblowdon@gmail.com, just let us know it your interested.

thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2007 02:50PM by rdl24rob.
Date: October 13, 2007 02:50PM
another screen
Date: October 14, 2007 01:24PM
Date: October 14, 2007 02:54PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Very great near land work.

keep the good work :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 02:57PM by Lo2k.
Date: October 14, 2007 03:30PM
Posted by: kizz
how have you gone about making the land? looks great :)
Date: October 14, 2007 03:47PM
does anyone have any tips to working out where to put the distance markers for the corners? also if anyone is any good at making a CC line let me know really stuck with it.

I made the land through 3d max by importing the dat into max and then just converting the banks into poly and then extend the edges,

and extend them again and then weld them to the other edges

then i just play around with the vertices to get a decent elevation, dont worry it if looks messy, as you can just use the planar map settings to apply the textures. then just import it into GP4 builder and there you have land with it already map so just apply the correct textures.

if you want to know more just ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 03:50PM by rdl24rob.
Date: October 14, 2007 04:12PM
Posted by: paranoik0
To do the distance markers i basically turn on both graphics and physics, count 10 sectors from the first curved sector, and place the 50 meter mark there, then another 10 sectors and place the 100 meter mark, etc. It isn't a very accurate way to do it but it's a decent estimation.

Very nice work there you're doing on the graphics. :)
Date: October 16, 2007 04:19PM
heres a video of my track

Date: October 16, 2007 04:45PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Track looks better than your driving skills. ;) ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 16, 2007 05:14PM
Posted by: kimiraik
Wow this track rocks!
Date: October 16, 2007 05:55PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there

I´m really looking forward this track, as I´ve noticed so far its author has worked with so much passion and accuracy.

Congratulations for hard work so far, it´s very nice to see people working with tracks from scratch...:) Remember to thank Lo2k to respond to our expectations all the time.

By the way, I have doubts on 3dsmax, and I think you rdl24rob (what´s your name?) are able to help me (as I´m really poor-skilled to 3d features)

I can´t map textures correctly.

I mean, once I have a 3ds or CAD object on 3dsmax, that´s what I do:

UVW map > BOX > then map the texture I want

But it is displayed blurred, as you can see on simulation I made and show here (sorry, I´m not at home, but if you see Vallelunga Hills you will understand...)

I´d like to display a texture on a single face with basic values as (0,0), (0,1), (1,0), (1,1)...

Otherwise I have to do this with 3dbuilder and it takes a lot of time :)

Hope you understand my question, and sorry to post this question here, but I did the same in track editing tutorial...

And congratulations once again

Date: October 16, 2007 08:29PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
MAN,YOU MADE THIS IN ONE MONTH!!!! REALLY?!?!? Gp4 builder is really the greater tool in the world! And you, man, the new Genius!

Let's me calm down...

I watched this video three times. I don't know about you all, but for me... this track have some wild parts, like a rally track. But this looks wonderful, the track looks real, the trees looks alive. All the GP4 ambient looks beautiful.

Otherwise, I was playing RFactor some time ago. But the games looks a bit sad. Seems that you are racing in desert, that aren't people looking you... seems strange, but I felt lonely playing that. This is only with me? Someone feels the same?

After too many time asking myself, I discovered that this is the reason I cannot leave GP4 (I tried three times).
Date: October 16, 2007 09:07PM
I don’t know what to say, those comments from Auradrummer and gildoorf (I really can’t compete with your tracks) and to everyone else who has given me so much encouragement but the real hero here is Lo2k

I want to confess about the track the pit building, trees and grandstands, I have just been copied from the original tracks on GP4 (I have not used any textures or objects from any other authors on the community, I give my word on that). I only started looking at 3D modelling this summer, one day I just decided to see how the whole track editing aspects of GP4 where going, and I really enjoyed what I saw and just made a track for a laugh, but since then and the comments I got from the early stages of the track I just continued making it. I was only experimenting to see how the track would look with a pit building and other objects in it, but they have just stayed over the versions of the track. So yet again I apologise. The land and fences I have created myself. The next project I will do I will build all the objects myself, Glad I got that of my chest.

Anyway still looking for someone to help with the CC-Line and if someone wants to test it.

To gildoorf
have you tried using the UVW map faces option?

anyway more screen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 09:17PM by rdl24rob.
Date: October 16, 2007 09:47PM
Posted by: paranoik0
Woah at the video, the track's got a really cool flow and it looks nice graphically!
Date: October 16, 2007 11:22PM
Posted by: Lo2k
hehe, Creation always needs two things : the tool and the artist ;)

By the way, you did some very good job for a first attempt and I particulary like the fact you set 2.5D walls/rails (with a top like the original Monaco track).

Date: October 19, 2007 01:34PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there

Thanks rob.

I tried uvwface sucessfully.

Now I hope to achieve further knowledge on 3dsmax.... Hope my machine will support that

And keep up good work so far.

Date: October 19, 2007 01:56PM
No problem, if you need any help in your further projects let me know
Date: October 19, 2007 08:56PM
new land added to track only 26 faces hope everyone likes it
Date: October 19, 2007 09:44PM
Posted by: celinho
Rdl24rob, fantastic work.
Even most better being the first one, or be, beginning with the right foot!!!
When it saw the video stayed amazed, hypnotized with this circuit... very beautiful.
Also I find that in the CC-lines in some points they can be adjusted, as the curves in deciding of the environment of the circuit forward are made in 1ª gear...
I find that in 2ª or 3ª would be the ideal???!!!! Some of 4ª for 5ª.
But even so this is a great work.
Congratulation.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2007 01:36PM by celinho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy