TurboSquid.com is selling Non-Profit GP4 Models

Posted by raulongo 
TurboSquid.com is selling Non-Profit GP4 Models
Date: May 20, 2007 11:21AM
Posted by: raulongo
Yep. As you've read, this website is selling non-profit F1 Cars published here for free. Here are some links...

[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com]
[www.turbosquid.com] [F1 Challenge]
[www.turbosquid.com]

Some previews... can you know who made the cars??

Now, is not about the leechers, is about the copyleft of the cars have been violated. I dunno if we can make anything, but sure that more than one of you will get surprised... Each car costs about 50$-90$...

I hope this will get solved...

Regards.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Oh god!

This is crazy!
Re: TurboSquid.com is selling Non-Profit GP4 Models
Date: May 20, 2007 11:37AM
Posted by: gezere
One is sure, it's my Toro rosso V2 done on Rom's rb1.
For the others,
- Maikel's rb2 and may be Minardi
- Rom's rb1
- Rom's renault
-etc....

It's not the first time this guy try to sell cars done by others.

May be the best way would be to advertise and to propose our cars for FREE on this website...

If you see, in the RBR02, the body driver is not removed...

raulgullon.com -
Jesus!!! Whats this guy trying to pull!! Someone should kick his candy ass!!

Its idiots like that that makes car makers go "to hell with this!"

He's pending for a bending!!
Also, see this picture...

Overgone's Helmet in the Arai 2005!!!!

raulgullon.com -
sue him!

Is there anything that can actually be done? Or are we only able to send him angry emails?
OMG! :| thats just 2 of my cars, bernard was right about that! [RB2 and PS05] I just can't believe they just take it, add some polies using 3dsmax' features and try to sell it :/ it's just sick... :(

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
TurboSquid is a reputable organisation - I would have thought that an e-mail from each artist whose work is being marketed in this way, asserting their moral right to be recognised as the author of the work, (in accordance with sections 77 & 78 of the UK Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or local equivalent), politely but firmly pointing out that this is not original material, but an unauthorised appropriation of their work and asking for it to be removed immediately, would be enough. The last thing any commercial organisation needs is to be accused of promoting the theft of intellectual property rights.

Date: May 20, 2007 01:05PM
Posted by: jbnd05
I saw about this on SMCars, apparently they're doing it with NFS cars too!
Turbo Squid... I've already heard this name, they used a Ferrari and a version of Sepang to make a video they wanted to sale, if I well remember...
Date: May 20, 2007 02:19PM
Posted by: jpmfw
they`ve been doing this for ages,Steve had the same issues when they used all his 05 Williams Cars.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steves 2006 FW28 is for sale: a MINDBLOWING 180 US DOLLARS!!

Those guys are nuts:

Now you can get 2 cars for only $300.
4 cars for only $450.
6 cars for only $600.
8 cars for only $750.
10 cars for only $900.

Although this is clearly unacceptable, why should we even worry about this??
What kind of an idiot would pay US$90 for a car they can get here for free?
I know none of us would
Sounds like a bargain!

Seriously though.

This has been a problem for a while i think. You could try emailing the Turbosquids webmasters and see if they can have it taken off.

I pity anyone who have actually paid for the models.

Seriously, you can sue him. Contact webservice provider about legal actions. Really, DO IT.
link to this site.... alot!!

GPGSL WDC Season 4
There has to be something that can be done about this. It is intelectual property of the carmakers. I wuld think this would be the same as website content which cannot be copied directly or you CAN be sued.
For one, I say we all get this bums email addy and spam the heck out of him with hate mail for his pathetic thievery.
Tell him turbosquid has been notified and he will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if they are not removed immediatly. Boy this really irks me.
Maybe the artists could colaborate and put ALL the cars made for GP4 on that site at a little under his prices and make sure they show up with his when people search for them. YOu artists deserve the money obivously. That is one way to ensure customers buy the cars from you instead of this chump.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy