Thinking about starting to create my own tracks...

Posted by flat tyre 
I skimmed through the sticky topic on creating tracks just now, and the guide to creating them.

I've always enjoyed dreaming up my own F1 tracks and I thought that now may be the time to start creating them - I have a week off and nothing to do :)

I have a few newbie questions...

To get used to the track editor, would it make it a lot easier if I did a 'street' track with barriers right next to the edge of the track and a completetly flat surface?

Usually, how long would it take to create a track? (I'm only doing it for personal use, so I won't do massive amounts of detail like those that put their tracks on here would. I might even do tracks with no scenery at all)

And are there any other tips to make learning and creating easier?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
*ahem* :S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Tracks can be built in anything from an hour to a year - depending how good you want it.
Street circuits aren't necessarily the best as they need more unique scenery, and you'll keep crashing and lose motivation :p
But for a start you don't need to worry about elevations or banks - just set the bank to 6 meters or so and you'll have the same runoff area all round the track.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy