w300 -> rFactor

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: w300 -> rFactor
Date: May 16, 2007 07:38PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think "w300 GP" would be the best name for it. It would publicize our GP4 series, it wouldn't be an "opponent" because it would only be used as a mod for fun. We would play it online and others would be able to download it from rfactorcentral to play as well and in the readme file and in the description of it all we can very easily have it all explained, the members listed, and links to not only GPG but also the w300 and WGP websites. Much simpler keeping the same name, if it all works well and the conversion really happens then people with rF will search for it and will come across GPG/GP4.
Date: May 16, 2007 07:53PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
That's a big boost for my ego if someone else drives with my name. :p

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 16, 2007 08:22PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Bad idea about that others, i think just stick to drive ur own name, maybe then ill get r-factor ;)

Date: May 17, 2007 09:10AM
Posted by: Nickv
IMO the fuss about the name is a bit overdone. Yes, it is a GP4 based series, but using W300 would only give more credit to the actual series. The (future) mod IS the W300, so giving it another name would be a bit silly, especially as they all got W300 splattered over them.
Date: May 18, 2007 02:29AM
*bump*
Date: June 22, 2007 10:19PM
Massive bump , now drafting Kizz to help ;)
Date: June 22, 2007 10:46PM
You don't need to bump the thread. It's your idea, you need to take action! ;)
Date: June 22, 2007 11:06PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
what can i do Gui ?

Magic Senna
Date: June 22, 2007 11:33PM
Try making your car for the GP2 mod in rF :P
Date: June 23, 2007 01:32AM
Posted by: mortal
How is a race going to be run? How are all drivers going to be able to compete with the time difference? Most of the participants in the current gpg series are in it ONLY because they do not have to drive. Therefore many teams and drivers are excuded or will be excluded because either they cannot meet the race schedule, or they do not wish to drive, or they do not have rfactor. It cannot be affiliated with the existing WGP and W300 as it has no chance of performing as well as they currently do. Australian teams and drivers will be automatically excluded due to the time difference. The majority would rule so races would be run European time. What if there was not a full grid, some teams would lose points because they did not have drivers. I don't see how it is going to work properly is all. Having seen some of the races on rFactor, ie: total mayhem, for it to work you need a closed race with firm commitment from a full grid, pwd the race etc. Results would not be based on some unknown joining the server and driving a team owners car. I know it is a good idea, but has it been thought through yet, while everyone is rushing to convert and design a mod based on the gpg series, there's been little consultation on how it is actually going to work ;-) While we are still trying to promote the gpg series, and still have problems with the actual running of races, not enough directors, more test drivers needed etc. do we really need to be breaking away from the original series? Just a few thoughts on it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 23, 2007 07:56AM
I think you misunderstand it, mortal. The idea was to convert the cars to rF, so we can drive our own cars in fun races. It isn't going to be a series, just for fun ;-)
Date: June 23, 2007 08:59AM
Mortal, try reading before making a fool of yourself ;-)
Date: June 23, 2007 03:42PM
Posted by: mortal
Now I get it

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 24, 2007 06:36AM
I should begin work this upcoming week, wish me luck :|
Date: August 12, 2007 03:28AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Your dreams may yet come true gui.

A rain check though. Its in game but uses F3 physics and tyres atm. Cant get an on track shot as its crashing rF :P i know why but its too late to start editing again!
It currently uses CTDP Tyres. But i now know how to work animations properly in 3DStudio Max so i can convert some GP4 Tyres for you. As well as utilising spec, bump and cube maps!

Erm i forgot to convert a helmet :P And i need a cockpit and wheel but hey as said that can be edited again.
As long as you have your team liveries at the ready then you have already done majority of the job. And i assume you lot have statistics to hand for the vehicle files! :)
Physics wise i am lost. So you lot can recommend a physics file to use. I can work with suspension files kinda though we shouldn't be a problem.

oh and thanks to paco for sending me the original template. and MDB for making quite a cool shape ;-)

6 edits :/ man i am illiterate at 2 in the morning :S

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2007 03:35AM by Mini Maestro.
Date: August 12, 2007 03:51AM
Posted by: Paco
that was quick! nice work, Michael :D

I'm against sigpics
Date: August 12, 2007 10:21AM
That's great :D
Date: August 12, 2007 11:46AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I thought we were doing season 1 first?!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: August 12, 2007 12:27PM
Posted by: brunoboi
Paul be quiet ;)

Great job mate thanks loads for doing the shape!

Date: August 12, 2007 04:59PM
Posted by: Monza972
great work on that mate! btw, MONEY!!! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy