DTM Norisring W.I.P.

Posted by 32BOBO32 
Re: DTM Norisring W.I.P.
Date: April 14, 2007 11:41AM
Posted by: quickslick
just one question Samuele, is it possible to convert tracks from F1c for GP4,too? because Steven asked for ovals and i have all ovals from the o.w.o.r. mod. So it would be a possibility to get all the ovals one by one and the other thing is, we can use them for the upcoming indycar mod :)
Date: April 14, 2007 11:43AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
thats a nice and good idea my ears are wide open to a response on that question jurgen :-)
Date: April 14, 2007 11:46AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
yes it's possible ;) we can import 3d object from many games. But we have to respect gp4 limits.. For example i have on my HD a first version of Indy (oval) but i have to cut the lenght of pitline because gp4 limit for pit line is about 300 sectors..
Date: April 14, 2007 11:49AM
Posted by: quickslick
but that would be ok about the limitations :) the main thig is, to get the ovals to wotking good ;)
Date: April 14, 2007 12:26PM
Posted by: Gusgus
32BOBO32 ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes it's possible ;) we can import 3d object from
> many games. But we have to respect gp4 limits..
> For example i have on my HD a first version of
> Indy (oval) but i have to cut the lenght of
> pitline because gp4 limit for pit line is about
> 300 sectors..

For the upcoming Indy Oval, the pitlane was 400+ sectors and it worked fine. The limitation is about the total of all sectors.

My workthread here
Date: April 14, 2007 12:32PM
i was working on it but when i passed about 450-460 sector gp4builder crashed
Date: April 14, 2007 12:36PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
interesting, if you ever need a tester for those ovals in progress i am the man héhé
Date: April 14, 2007 01:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
when your talking about converting...it's more involved than say rfactor to gtr2..you need to build a detailed dat file to follow the excisting layouts to match as close as possible...this isn't a change a few lines of text job..
it's slow tedious work that can drive you mad..lose motivation then if your lucky it looks good & loads.......

thats what i liked about gp4 for a while...not many tracks around but nice quality most...not the mass heaps of c**p that other sims have,.
Date: April 14, 2007 02:05PM
ahahaha well said :D
Date: April 14, 2007 02:29PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
quickslick schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just one question Samuele, is it possible to
> convert tracks from F1c for GP4,too? because
> Steven asked for ovals and i have all ovals from
> the o.w.o.r. mod. So it would be a possibility to
> get all the ovals one by one and the other thing
> is, we can use them for the upcoming indycar mod
> :)

The track formats of tracks for ToCA Race Driver 2 and 3, Grand Prix Legends, Nascar Racing 2003, GTR 1 & 2 and rFactor are compatible with each other due the use of the same kind of graphics engine.

Conversion of tracks between the above sims is somewhat 'easier' and 'less time consuming'.

The graphics engine of GP4 is outdated on some points, but most importantly, the graphics engine of GP4 is not compatible with the above sims.

As a result you're only able to convert the graphical side of a track of the above sims to a GP4 track, so you still must create the physical side for the GP4 track to match the graphical side.

This is very time consuming, hard work and to be honest, it can be very boring. Also you must make some concessions to make it work ingame. This sounds de-motivating , but if you keep the end result in mind it will pull you through the dull moments.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy