I have a suggestion to all authors. *Moderated*

Posted by Enzojz 
I have a suggestion to all authors. *Moderated*
Date: April 12, 2007 01:12PM
Posted by: Enzojz
I have expressed my idea completely. If you want to say it's some kind of advertisemnt, it's nonsense. you can speak or hold or reserve you opinion but be charge of it. That's just a suggestion and you can accept it or not.
--------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------

Since the unpleasant last week, I think we must refine our credit system. In fact, the main diverge between me and Nicola is about the opinion of original: whether taking an idea with origianl parts, especially a little part of original, is a kind of not origianl, in word, that kind of behivour is something like "second creation". I remembered that Richardo quit for the same reason.

So in order to make the same thing never happen again, use writing paper, eassy and books as a referecne, I think we need two kind of credites, it should be

1.Taking a complete object of another origianl, or more than 50% of the polycount, didn't make any modification or a little modification, that need a permission from the author.

2.Taking the idea, or the idea with original objects and modified/upgraded more than 30% of polycount, need a credit in document(with the original name), best to have a permission.

I think we can discusse about it.

For example,in all my files, so that I will have credits to:

*.Jan Frischkorn:
Idea of painting shaders and lights , lines on textures.(Carse t 1998 for Grand Prix 3)

*KJ and CTDP
A certain idea of textures creation applied on 248-F1.(An exprimental texture of CTDP05)(coz it seems be a secret till now)

*perhaps BeAsT?
3D Rims.

*Wai Keen Lam
Manual Normals setting(Minardi of CTDP05)

*Dahie
A kind of way of damage parts
====================================================
====================================================
Never mind if you don't agree with me, but please don't reply towards me but the suggestion.

And to these who said someone is pretending he is a GOD, all I want to say is that I don't believe in god and I just make a suggestion. I have been bored with the attacks here and don't fire me anymore.

I had never said I will leave, but I will never release any new or old works, I stand here just because I want to pay my attention to the community, that's all.

Credits, is nothing to me anymore coz I don't want to make any contribute to this community without tolerance. I will not lost any skill of modeling or texturing because of lacking credits. But for these who wants to contribute to the community, credits is some kind of power to advance. I don't mind if others pay credits to my works coz I'm not interested in but I make this suggestion just want to let others feel good.

Sorry for modify the words for many times, the reasons will only be two
1.Someone said something reasonable, so I edit it, I know many people never read the fully topic.
2.My English always exsists mistakes that will misleading the reader.

A Racing and Rail fan.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 04:24PM by Enzojz.
Re: I have a suggestion to all authors.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:21PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
personally think that this topic is another way of autocelebration. Or maybe when someone make a son have to wrote somewhere a credit for Adam and Eva for the original idea?
There is no necessity of credit for an idea, only for object or shape made from others
Date: April 12, 2007 01:26PM
32BOBO32 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> personally think that this topic is another way
> of autocelebration. Or maybe when someone make a
> son have to wrote somewhere a credit for Adam and
> Eva for the original idea?
> There is no necessity of credit for an idea, only
> for object or shape made from others

you have already wrote Adam and Eva for original idea.

In fact I don't want to talk with you, coz you attacked me and never made an apologize. If as you said in the reply, for object or shape made from others, Nicola need to have a permission according to our private discusse, but I think it's not necessary, coz he has done lot's of his own work later then. I don't want to bother him again about this issue coz we have reach an agreement, but I think we have responsibility to stop it happen again, because we are not the first, but should be last.

A Racing and Rail fan.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 01:29PM by Enzojz.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:31PM
Posted by: alejandrolazcoz
Oh my god.

If you had a good idea and other people use it for their works that doesn't need any permission or whatever, you can respect the authors by asking permission for something but not for 'taking ideas for your work'. That's crazy. If Gp4 has advanced since his creation is because of the use of other people ideas to develop the cars, like in all matters of the life.

I totally agree with bobo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 01:33PM by alejandrolazcoz.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:35PM
but how can you judge if others are taking your object and modified it a lot, without a permission? It's very hard to prove it, so the author in fact will not be protected from the permission. Give a credit to the idea is best way to bear with this kind of thing. Nicola had also said the sentence like "only the idea is original and credits must be paied" not for one time.

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:36PM
That's just a suggestion, wheather taking it or not, in fact it doesn't matters with me.

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:39PM
Posted by: alejandrolazcoz
Yeah, but it's impossible to control leechers. They will always be there. I think the actual system is good.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:39PM
Posted by: Gusgus
At this rate you should credit Bill Gates for Windows, Adobe for PhotoShop, the providers of the logos, and the creators of the first video game, because you use one of his idea.

That's just crazy and stupid, and as BOBO said, it's just a way for you to advertise more and more about you.

My workthread here
Date: April 12, 2007 01:44PM
Gusgus Wrote:
> At this rate you should credit Bill Gates for
> Windows, Adobe for PhotoShop, the providers of the
> logos, and the creators of the first video game,
> because you use one of his idea.
>
> That's just crazy and stupid, and as BOBO said,
> it's just a way for you to advertise more and more
> about you.

for the provider of the logos , I think credits should be paid, it doesn't matter. But for Bill Gates and Adobe, I will never, because they are already paid (money).

Advertised? You are joking, it's nonsense, never there will be new and old works from me.

A Racing and Rail fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 01:49PM by Enzojz.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:48PM
Infogrames are paid too, and the game is still sold at this time. Anyway, I agree to credit Infogrames, but what you said is too much IMO. Give credits to whoever you want but you can't expect others doing the same as you.

Yes, it's an advertisement, such a list from your ideas is an advertisement of what you've did for GP4, and you want (once again) credits from your ideas, which is kind of normal.

My workthread here

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 01:54PM by Gusgus.
Date: April 12, 2007 01:51PM
Gusgus Wrote:
> Infogrames are paid too, and the game is still
> sold at this time. Anyway, I agree to credit
> Infogrames, but what you said is too much IMO.
> Give credits to whoever you want but you can't
> expect others doing the same as you.

I have deleted Infogrames and thank you for your wise word.

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: April 12, 2007 02:02PM
I have expressed my idea completely. If you want to say it's some kind of advertisemnt, it's nonsense. you can speak or hold or reserve you opinion but be charge of it. That's just a suggestion and you can accept it or not.

A Racing and Rail fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 04:25PM by Enzojz.
Date: April 12, 2007 02:09PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Enzojz Wrote:
> coz you are only a user

yes.... someone here thinks to be GOD
btw i made something and i had some idea used from others authors (video instead image in background of the game [MP2003], colour filter for example) but i cannot pretend any credits. If authors want give me, they are welcome if not there is no problem. We are here to play GP4 not to be politician

ADD: maybe it's better if you stop to edit your post. A user who read tomorrow can read a totally different post of the origina you posted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 02:21PM by 32BOBO32.
Date: April 12, 2007 02:28PM
Enzojz Wrote:
> coz you are only a user

WTF ????? I am only a user AND WHAT ???? WE ARE ALL AT THE SAME LEVEL ON THIS COMMUNITY. I can't stand so much arrogance, so much pretentiousness. This message have been reported. Once again you show in this thread that you feel superior, and this attitude is not wanted here.

The fact that I'm only a user doesn't prevent me from being an author in a close future (if you really want to know, I'm currently learning how to shape). This also doesn't prevent me to give my point of view of this. You can ignore this points of view, but you shouldn't have this shitty attitude which discredits you in this community, despite you are contributing a lot to it.

My workthread here

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 02:37PM by Gusgus.
Date: April 12, 2007 02:32PM
Posted by: willshui
I agree with bobo too. Enzo said he would leave and he is still here to advertise himself. Why? It's already a joke.
Date: April 12, 2007 02:34PM
Posted by: schroeder
i want to thank mtv for pimping my ride... ;)

well, you can´t expect credits if someone is using your idea !
if someone takes your textures uses,or modifies them, then you should get a credit.
if someone takes your objects uses, or modifies them, then you should get a credit.
if someone takes your textures, objects or mapping as reference, creates his own and deletes your objects or textures afterwards, even if the look the same, or the mapping is kept, you can´t expect a credit.

btw:
please don´t edit your posts so often enzojz, afterwards nobody knows what the discussion was all about.
you can´t claim all ideas as yours, if you don´t know if somebody maybe had them before you or not.
for example i found some rudimetary seat belts in the minardi ps03, by nicola and me. we didn´t shape the belts all over the driver since bojan asked us always to keep the polycount down. so maybe it was our idea ? but this is not interesting, because i always felt honored, if somebody took my idea and developed it, to get the best result for the game and so for all of us.
for all the other ideas, no comment.

everybody here in this place could be an author, and we all are users (all with gp4 on our hdd´s) so everybody can give their ideas.
this is the meaning of a comunity.

matt
Date: April 12, 2007 02:58PM
Posted by: mortal
Think carefully before you post. This thread appears to me to be nothing more than a load of self-serving drivel, perhaps that is why it was reported in the first place. We do not accept it. When you go to the trouble of shoving it in everyone's face just how good you think you are, the community soon loses interest.
Well, I have a suggestion for Enzjoz, "Pull your head in mate, I think we've all had enough, give it a rest." And you'd better get off the radar, not where you want to be.
Any more BS and I'll delete this thread. mortal.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 12, 2007 03:03PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Marc I stick by you 100% Him calling you just a user is sick, there are better modders than him, not saying enjoyz is bad but he is nothing extra special, anyway let's hope he comes to his senses soon. I nearly lowered myself to his level but I don't want to start another fight.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2007 03:15PM by HondaF1Fan.
Date: April 12, 2007 03:14PM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
I agree with Mike...there are better modders out there. Not taking anything away from Enzjoz because everyone knows he has talent but calling Gusgus 'just a user' is like Mike said unforgivable
Date: April 12, 2007 03:18PM
Posted by: mortal
Edited 4 times HondaF1Fan.....hmmmm had to think about that one eh ;-) don't worry, I saw the first one.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy