GP4 World Series Hotlap League - New WSF Leagues on rFactor

Posted by Xeltron245 
Xeltron245, nice to see that Zandvoort is also on the calendar again, thank you very much. :)

Hopefully i have a better version of Zandvoort in August.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
It would be nice to see some of the newer tracks, and maybe leave a few empty spots for future tracks

____
Tony

I would have loved to see Surfers' Paradise instead of Adelaide, which is also a great track, but now that the fix has been released, I think this is one of the better tracks to drive for GP4. But globally it's a great season that comes and I hope I will do well this year. :)

@B-Tone : do you have some tracks coming that could be in ? ;)

My workthread here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 06:57PM by Gusgus.
Well, I can't really say, but its possible :)

____
Tony

@xeltron

would it be possible to tighten up the rules regarding how you set the time i'm talking about setup, what i've learnt is that you can go up to half a second, maybe more if you sit the car really low to the ground, meaning the plank wear is very high, if you continue to use that setup, the car would be undrivable in 3-5 laps.

setting a limit on how much plank wear at the end of your fast lap would ensure the times are set not using this method.

i also think that you should upload the circuit dat for each track before the race, because i noticed that some drivers had different checksums to others, i remember that gusgus tried to watch one of my laps but couldn't because we were using different dats i think.

i think people should upload their laps too, because this competition is like qualifying, we do our lap, sit in the pits and watch the others go round. with the limit set to 4 days, we can post a time, if it gets beaten, we can watch the fastest, see where they are fast and try to beat it and improve on our own.

it can be like the old 12 lap qualifying, where you had 4 runs, but you could spread it out over 4 days! you could post 1 lap on day 1, see what others are doing, then rest for a day, do one more lap on day 3, then when it really heats up go for two laps on day four, it would be a mad rush just like in qualifying!

so we can set a maximum of four laps, and with people uploading their laps, we can see the progress of people going faster and faster, so it would be like real qualifying.

if people like this idea, i could make a video about it, if you send me your cars, i can record your laps, driven with your livery and then edit it to make it look like real qualifying.

i think this would be a really good idea, and bring more substance to this championship :)

people may object because we can find out each others setup, but what may work for one guy, may not work for the other, so i think that it is a good risk to take, i aslo think that it would be better because it makes us more involved, because right now all we see is a screen shot, but see how they did it, would give us even more incentive to compete more.

anyway, i hope you like my ideas and maybe this could work.

ralv585 ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @xeltron
>
> would it be possible to tighten up the rules
> regarding how you set the time i'm talking about
> setup, what i've learnt is that you can go up to
> half a second, maybe more if you sit the car
> really low to the ground, meaning the plank wear
> is very high, if you continue to use that setup,
> the car would be undrivable in 3-5 laps.
>
> setting a limit on how much plank wear at the end
> of your fast lap would ensure the times are set
> not using this method.

That's the game, Ruben. The car have to be fast on only one lap, so we set it up to be this fast. If we set the ride height too low, when the plank wear is 1.00 or more, the car loses a lot of top speed and it cannot be that fast. It's just a compromise to find. I don't see any problem into setting the car this way.

> i also think that you should upload the circuit
> dat for each track before the race, because i
> noticed that some drivers had different checksums
> to others, i remember that gusgus tried to watch
> one of my laps but couldn't because we were using
> different dats i think.

I know why I had a different checksum. At that time, I was running with a performance file, which changed the checksum because there were on it a code to enable all driving helps at all difficulty levels. It didn't help me to be faster for the league. I don't use this anymore, and I have always used .dat files from the original CD. ;-)

> i think people should upload their laps too,
> because this competition is like qualifying, we do
> our lap, sit in the pits and watch the others go
> round. with the limit set to 4 days, we can post a
> time, if it gets beaten, we can watch the fastest,
> see where they are fast and try to beat it and
> improve on our own.
>
> it can be like the old 12 lap qualifying, where
> you had 4 runs, but you could spread it out over 4
> days! you could post 1 lap on day 1, see what
> others are doing, then rest for a day, do one more
> lap on day 3, then when it really heats up go for
> two laps on day four, it would be a mad rush just
> like in qualifying!
>
> so we can set a maximum of four laps, and with
> people uploading their laps, we can see the
> progress of people going faster and faster, so it
> would be like real qualifying.
>
> if people like this idea, i could make a video
> about it, if you send me your cars, i can record
> your laps, driven with your livery and then edit
> it to make it look like real qualifying.
>
> i think this would be a really good idea, and
> bring more substance to this championship :)
>
> people may object because we can find out each
> others setup, but what may work for one guy, may
> not work for the other, so i think that it is a
> good risk to take, i aslo think that it would be
> better because it makes us more involved, because
> right now all we see is a screen shot, but see how
> they did it, would give us even more incentive to
> compete more.
>
> anyway, i hope you like my ideas and maybe this
> could work.

Interesting idea, but I think we could spice it up : you post that you're going to make an attempt, and after that you have 10 minutes to post it. By this way, the ammount of laps is really the same for everybody, because the 10 minutes only enables you to open the game, load the session, go out to the track, make only one flying lap, take the screen, save the lap, go back to windows, go to imageshack, host the picture, go to rapidshare, host the lap, and post all in the forum (maybe 12 or 15 minutes is better ;) or you prepare all the stuff before making your attempt ;))

What do you think ?

My workthread here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2007 04:20AM by Gusgus.
Its alright if you're sitting at GP4 all day long, but I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get a few laps done over the 3 or 4 day period as it is :|
Also I'm not convinced you can check the time the lap is done so safely.

____
Tony

b-tone ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its alright if you're sitting at GP4 all day long,
> but I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get a few laps
> done over the 3 or 4 day period as it is :|
> Also I'm not convinced you can check the time the
> lap is done so safely.

You an check all the aspects of the lap woth HoFxLap. The time when it's set is written in the document, and if you send it, you can see the lap in the game, so you can check if everything's fine.

My workthread here
Can't you just change your computer clock?

____
Tony

Oh yeah, unfortunately it works... I remeber now that somebody in another league had his computer date set on 2006 instead of 2007, then his report date was 2006 :(

You also have a good point with some of the competitors not having time to post 4 laps during the 4 days.

My workthread here
The only way to make sure people have only 4 days is to release either a perf file or something at the time. Or name the circuit at the start of the session.

____
Tony

This kind of thing already exists : the players should have to put a number after their name ingame.

My workthread here
I shall put it in the rules. You will recieve your number on the Wednesday night but late Wednesday night so you wont get much extra time.
--------------- WORLD EXCLUSIVE ----------------

The Con Vit Dien Racing Team is proud to unviel its 2007 challenger.

The team has worked long and hard in the wind tunnel to perfect its aerodynamic's, whilst a strong relationship with Ferrari has helped to intergrate the engine into the chassis.
Our partners at Bridgestone have developed a strong and consistant tyre to help us in this upcoming season.

We hope the car will go as fast as it looks!

So Ladies and Gentleman, we give you, GP2007-EY...

It kind of remind me something ;) It seems like I already saw it somewhere ;)

My workthread here
I don't know about anyone else, but i've been doing some laps at this test session at Silverstone.

Not the greatest of laps, a bit untidy. But it was OK I think considering the pretty awful default setup for this track.

[www.myspace.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2007 05:18PM by BenF1.
I will be lapping tomorrow Ben dont you worry so 2 at least i think most people are just preparing for the season opener.
Here is my fastest lap for this session. It's a good lap but 2 or 3 tenths better is possible.

GP4 1.02 Hotlap for track 11: Silverstone
Level: Pro / Frame rate: 24.0 FPS
Race type: Practise Session: Unlimited practise
Weather type: Custom Probability of rain: 0%
Car #1, driven by gusgus (fgm - fgm)
Power: 855 BHP, weight 608 kg, fuel laps: 1.3
Lap time: 1:18.043 (split1 0:21.745, split2 0:47.550)
F1 Auto Brake : --- Clutch dev/mode: digital / switched
F2 Auto Gear : off
F3 Spin Recovery : --- Brake dev/mode: analog / analog
F4 Indestructible: --- lsz: 50%
F5 Best Line : --- Throttle dev/mode: analog / analog
F6 Best Gear : off lsz: 50%
F7 Throttle Help : on Steering dev/mode: analog / analog
F8 Steering Help : on lsz: 50%
SH percentage : 35% max lock: 16 rwcs: 80%
Setup: NC

GPx started on 14-04-2007 17:24:56
Log version 1.15, GPxLap version 3.91
init, car, damage, cc checksum: fc7160b0, 00000000, 6015de08, 928cee6c
pit lane speed limit: 80
free practice cars: 1
save/restore car state: enabled
Standard track 11: 'Silverstone'
checksum 68aea818
Frame rate: 24.0 FPS
Possible failures: None
Random seed: 0,0,0,0,0,0
In-car setup changes: disabled
Pitstop time: -:--.--- (pitstop bug fixed: yes)
Session started normally
Driver Car LN RP FP Fuel Wght Split1 Split2 Lap_Time Session_Time AvPO SDur F1 F4 F7 OT MinSpd MaxSpd TWLR TWRR TWLF TWRF
gusgus # 1 2 22 1 0.2 606 0:21.745 0:47.550 1:18.043 0h53m51.394s 51% 0.2 0 0 0 2w 91.30 319.64 0.18 0.17 0.29 0.17

My workthread here
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy