WGP Season 2 || Last Race!! PG;102 || Do NOT delete!!!

Posted by MDBSnake 
OK ALL LISTEN CAREFULLY

I think it is very nice from maikel to make another car shape so teams can chose. 7 where for, 4 against. 1 of the against was kev, but he left now so we cant count him in anymore. then we have the other 3, 1 didnt like the winglets on the sidepods of the shape, thats all. The other 2 didnt like to have 22 the same cars but liked the shape. If maikel makes another shape, it solved the problem of those 2 people and proberly to of the one who didnt like the winglets. If you use other fantasy cars, then you have the problem some have no lower lods, and some have to many polys, maikel liked this rule so he could run the races on better quility and faster to So imo using other fantasy shapes isnt a problem solve to, but I think the problem already is solved with maikel making another shape, WITH LOWER LODS, WITH GOOD NORMALS, WITH NOT TO MANY POLYS, that way if we cant do the race, then someone else with a little but worse computer can take if over easyer. But no-one thinks of that kind of problems, thats why i ask them to run the races their selfs

And Gui, further to your desire to be picky, the correct grammar should have been, as voted on, and not as voted by everyone. Agreed, everyone that did vote, may not have voted yes, but the majority did vote yes.
To be fair, I always try to make any decisions in the best interests of the series, but unfortunately, it cannot also be in everyones else's interest, as much as I'd like it to be.

When we have members of the series who go out of their way to actively support what it is we do here, they in turn deserve maximum support for their effort, and no, I do not refer to myself at all. The choices on the new shape etc. I have put forward shows respect to Maikel who has done a lot of work for the series. Without him, and Tom on the W300, and those who have recently shown a desire to help out with the work we have nothing, it would soon fall in a heap.
It is not a desire for Maikel to be able to say the series runs on my shape, it is a desire to be productive and to do positive things for what we all enjoy doing and look forward to. There should be more of it. ;-)
<climbs down of soap-box>

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Mal, i would like you to look at my post above yours, as you proberly wont see it otherwise ^^

Look. The thing was that I was so against it, was probably due to the lack of information. Suddenly BANG, it's is told to the drivers, who did not know anything about the voting, there will be one shape which every must use. Reason given: so people will make new liveries and don't use the old car. Isn't it strange then that I, and maybe others too, are angry that character of teams are taken away for such a stupid reason?
If there was immedeatly said that the game doesn't run smooth with the current shapes, because the PC can't handle it and that this rule was introduced for practical reasons, as Byron stated above, the reactions would've been a lot less angry from me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 11:58AM by Nickv.
okay now calm down... it's racing time ;-) should be up in few minutes

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
World Grand Prix - Race of Piranema

The last day at Piranema - Brasil today. Surprisingly the rain is coming with bricks from the sky!! This could be interesting for the race

The field is lined up and ready to go :) will the 2 Scolari's still be leading after the first corner??

From Briére's car we see that all the light are on. When they are off it's a go!!

Postma got cought by Cantero which is on the tail of Prins already! Must be a super start!

In the back it went wrong... Achilles has hit Ashby!

Ashby got on the dirt part now and is spinning...

Now he gets launched up the GP Racing car, amazingly no damage

Then it's Achilles which needs to pay back for letting him spin by stopping to avoid a collision.

Meanwhile when Achilles continues to drive Ashby is still standing with his nose pointing the wrong way... he will rejoin the field but from the back

Diego Noriega is pushing Briére now for 4th. it's very close there!

And he passes!! Diego takes 4th

Then directly after Noriega, Cramer sees his chance to get passed his teammate!

Briére now pushed back to 6th, but with the field this close everything is possible :)

Clearly visible that some drivers take different lines ;-) Scolari is now sandwiching Cantero

But Cantero isn't planning to let Prins get away that easily! he keeps close

Standings After Lap One

Then de Boer who lost a place at the start tries to make it up, by using pure engine power on the straight to blow away the Viper K1

And he does it for now!

More overtaking at the straight: Yermo battling Hampson for P12

Now it's Achilles who's spinning!!! It's surely close and slippy out there...

Bruno Castello can't avoid a collision!! This time WITH damage!!

It will mean end of the race for Bruno Castello, must be a dissappointing season for him so far!

Achilles spin from another angle...

He was lucky no real collision happend with woolhead at this time.,,

Last one from the collision from a close cam on the nose tip of the SCR car

Woolhead is looking to get past that Rico Racing car of Jo Pellatt...

While Cantero is losing the pace to Prins.. Postma comes very, very close!!

And yes... it was too close, he touches Cantero and loses the car - Cantero is released with a scary moment with a high heartbeat

Postma is very lucky here to drive his car away so fast the senna BR's needed to brake... he will only have lost 1 place to Diego

Briére then almost wheelbanging with his teammate, it will just go good without problems!

Van Smirren is looking very racy since he joined Thunder GP and leaved DFR, he tries to get Van der Voort here

Then it's de Boer slightly going wide with Barrowcliff taking the advantage!! Must be an awesome feeling for that Viper K1, something like Alonso-Sato!! ;)

There is Iván Cantero trowing away a 2nd place! He spins off in the last corner, must be very slippy there as de Boer already ran wide there

He will have to wait till he can get his car back on track, he will rejoin somewhere in the back

Then it's the next car to go off... Houston in the SCR car, must be a terrible weekend for SCR now

Guido Prins enjoying a nice lead, with in the back a close battle between p2-p4

Gergo Panker pretty quiet thise season is attempting a pass on Ben Parker.

Then it's Prins to open the first serie of pitstops

1 Lap later it's Noriega directly followed by Redmer Postma

Diego sees Postma stop, but will come out before him just like when they went in

Yermo then very close to Ainley, maybe he can gain some places and score a top-10 today?? everything still possible with these rainy conditions

And there is the broken car of Fortuna Audi, who are driving there last race - In the end it seemed to be a broken suspension

And exactly where Cantero went off... Briére is doing the same

He will see alot of cars driving by before rejoining his way

Meanwhile Barrowcliff is still very racy in an awesome race with the Viper K1!! He is chasing Nick van der Voort for P5

Iván Cantero tries to get back in front, he is doing a pretty well job - must have been wrong drugs he used before the race ;)

Then there is Andrew to attempt on Nick!!

But out of the slipstream the car just aint fast enough..

Then Ainley went short off track, just missing the tyre piles

Barrowcliff keeps trying but he will not pass, Nick is keeping his place

With 9 laps to go, Prins is enjoying a very easy GP. No troubles for him so far yet

Then 1 lap later he comes in, with Diego following him, Postma on the right will continue driving and claim P1 for now

Diego sees Prins drive away, and he knows he can't win now anymore unless there goes something wrong at Prins

Van Smirren currently in 5th, he's doing a great job for the Thunder GP team atm

De Boer tries it on Van Smirren! But he will fail. The pace just isn't there today with the Dutchman

Then Ainley goes off for the second time!!

but again rejoins without any damage once again

Cantero still needs to stop but is chasing Panker (also needs to stop) here very close

Also Briére trying to fight his way back now, busy day for Parker with much faster cars behind him

Then it's Postma coming very close to Diego for P2!!

And after a slipstream he is putting it aside!

But Diego knows it, and leaves enough space for the rookie driver!

Then Van Smirren under pressure from Barrowcliff

And Diego goes off!! It's one of his last laps, off run - thingy he does often ;)

He goes pretty far in the grind, but will come out without any damage or losing places.

Then 1 lap later it's Woolhead who goes off on the same place as Diego...

...but he will spin what Diego didn't

2 Laps to go, and Barrowcliff seems to be settled down on a steady P6 now

Prins going in the last lap, with Postma on 2 - This would be the second 1-2 in WPG history if nothing goes wrong now..

For Prins it's done, started from pole, drove away and didn't got in any trouble - he just wins here to take his 2nd win of the season

Also for Postma the race is over, although it has been way harder then Prins' one. He recovered good from his spin

Diego then completes the podium. He should be satisfied because this will bring him once again little closer to the title, even now Prins comes very close

Then in 4th Cramer, and v/d Voort, Barrowcliff and Van Smirren to make a close finish together. Top 8 will be completed with Maikel de Boer for DFR.

Race Results

This was it for the weekend!! Join us next race in England - Silverstone

Driver Champ

Constructors Champ

TestDriver Champ

This was the Piranema weekend with all things went through it ;-)
hope you liked it, and later on the day the F1 on tv off course

cheers,, Maikel!!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2007 12:11PM by MDBSnake.
Ooooo, 5th! Finally a strong result! I rock in the rain! ;)
Nice overage Maikel:) Satisfied with this result as Diego has a gap of 65 points to the number 2, Guido Prins wich will be my next year driver:) and DFR having a 116 point lead, with 5 races to go that means scolari need to take 24 points more then dfr each race, and i think thats very unlikely;)

Yeh excellent coverage Maikel, very good race for us, nick did a brilliant job to gain some places and Ivan showed some phenominal pace - both move up int he chapionship

I am SO happ with this race. I think i drove a good one. Too bad i had a poor start ! Also congratz to Jo for a great race.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Iceman-Kimi ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, i think that maikel offered to make another
> car shape is quite fair, as there are almost NO
> people against the shape itself, but they are
> against 22 the same cars, well if you make another
> car, then the ones complaining can use that shape,
> that way you wont have 22 the same cars.

yeah... like in Indy or Nascar where you have the choice in 2 or 3 default shapes for everyone ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
woot it's pretty good for me btw great coverage!!!
Nice coverage, Maikel, thanks for the couple of screenies ;-).
Could you recheck the constructor championship tables for points?
W00t... I am the Rainmaster :P haha Watch out Diego :P
Nice coverage maikel!! and lets take that championship !:P

Magic Senna
I think that we should do a list of most recent carshapes that are fitted for the WGP rules (WITH LOWER LODS, WITH GOOD NORMALS, WITH NOT TO MANY POLYS...) and let ppl choose between them. And I think that we should also limit the texture size.

I was interested in running a new team in WGP, but only if I could use the 2007 Super Aguri, Renault or McLaren carshape, I'm undecided between them.

&quot;I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush.&quot;
Senna schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that we should do a list of most recent
> carshapes that are fitted for the WGP rules (WITH
> LOWER LODS, WITH GOOD NORMALS, WITH NOT TO MANY
> POLYS...) and let ppl choose between them. And I
> think that we should also limit the texture size.
>
> I was interested in running a new team in WGP, but
> only if I could use the 2007 Super Aguri, Renault
> or McLaren carshape, I'm undecided between them.

first of all there needs to be a spot free ;)

Devil Fox - next year? YES
Scolari - next year? YES
SCR - next year? YES
Senna BR - next year? YES??
Thunder GP - next year? YES
GP Racing - next year? YES??
Viper K1 - next year? YES??
Rico Racing - next year? YES??
Willins WGP - next year? YES
Real Madrid Yermo - next year? YES??
Team Shadow Subaru - next year? YES??

believe all teams will stay... ;-)

ATTENTION ALL TEAMMANAGERS!! CONFIRM THIS PLEASE!! OR YOU WILL BE THERE IN SEASON3

Also i want a team, but if there is no spot free, than I can't run a team :p

Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat!!!!!!!
Yeah i know that a free spot is needed first. I was just showing up my interest.

&quot;I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush.&quot;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy