WGP Season 2 || Last Race!! PG;102 || Do NOT delete!!!

Posted by MDBSnake 
Beautiful job Maikel, really hope our livery does it justice

Looks like Kev didn't like the idea of the single carshape.
wow :O i got a new boss :O
Yes, you have. And if I were you I'd go driving very well, otherwise you might suddenly get kicked out ;)
the drivers are staying till the end of the season nick at least ;-)

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2007 08:40PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
To declare my point of view:
I DO NOT leave the series because of this single carshape,that´s not true!
IT`S NOT A PROTEST!
It only gave me the last kick to leave it ( no individualism and nothing special anymore )...The most part is in case of the lack of time I have in the last few weeks so I couldn´t concentrate my power to the team to bring it more further!
The other thing is,that I´ll now work on the project(s) with Isaint to finish the R27 work and lets see what happens in the future!
All the best for the team!!!
greetings
yours
Kev

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2007 10:26PM by Kev188.
:P ive been driving to the limit :P i blame the car :D
Just want to ask, what does the single carshape rule add to the series? IMO, the different carshapes added something to the teams themselves, they gave the teams some extra character. Now it's just W300 with some more power...

So, why? What does it add? What are the advantages?
in a way i agree. i too thought it strange that wgp is moving to a single-shape, as it's kinda a step into the w300 world, but that glorious orange shape wins me over :P

[en-gb.facebook.com]
and the problem is also,that the WGP was planned to be like the F1...and now?
as Nickv said a W300 ( GP2 ) with more power!
And this shape has no F1-Car look...it looks like an A1 GP car or so...ugly...good shape but bad design,sorry to say...this is no offence against MDB's abilities,just criticism!
Kev188 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and the problem is also,that the WGP was planned
> to be like the F1...and now?
> as Nickv said a W300 ( GP2 ) with more power!

WGP NEVER intended being like F1 :) why 1 shape?? because the series was going to be down... for example: senna br, scr, thunder gp, gpracing - all driving with cars from season 1 :S This idea is also brought up so we could have a nice new coloured grid next season instead of old cars.

Kev188 schreef:
> And this shape has no F1-Car look...it looks like
> an A1 GP car or so...ugly...good shape but bad
> design,sorry to say...this is no offence against
> MDB's abilities,just criticism!

I shaped on purpose a car which isn't exactly like a F1 as WGP is a individual series ;-)

I'm sorry this was the final 'kick' to give/sell away your team at Paul. You must understand this was never the intention to happen.
Anyhow good luck on you future projects Kevin, I hope you will sometimes jump in this thread and follow some races ;-)

Well more I can't say now... it's been done on a democratical way which is fair in my opinion. Maybe overtime there will be more fictional shapes for WGP so that there can be chosen, but shaping surely costs time.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
sure and I accept all your steps and they´re all logical,so I don´t say anything against the decision of the series or the directors...
thanks for giving me these nice words and of course it wasn´t your aim to give me the last kick,hehe :)!
I wish you all the best...and I go on with beeing interested in the series and maybe anywhere there is some free space some time for me to choose again!
Best wishes for the WGP ;)
greetings
Kev
MDBSnake schreef:
> Kev188 schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > and the problem is also,that the WGP was
> planned
> > to be like the F1...and now?
> > as Nickv said a W300 ( GP2 ) with more power!
>
> WGP NEVER intended being like F1 :) why 1 shape??
> because the series was going to be down... for
> example: senna br, scr, thunder gp, gpracing - all
> driving with cars from season 1 :S This idea is
> also brought up so we could have a nice new
> coloured grid next season instead of old cars.

If that's the reason, imo that's just idiotic. If you want to reach that, make sure teams have to change to another shape every season. Or maybe, the team owners didn't have time to create a livery. Or they just liked their car very much...

I'm not trying to cancel the rule here, I wouldn't even be able to do so on my own. But I think this really is a step backwards. I think I'll have to cope with it...
I have said before I liked the shape and will be using it, but making it a standard shape is just wrong. The w300 has the standard shape already.

Teams should be allowed and able to choose their shapes. If they want to use the same from season 1, let it happen. If they don't want to update the liveries, then give them a deadline and if it's not met then give the team to the next person in the waiting list to get a team.

Also, would be nice if people who own teams would drive for them instead of taking spaces somewhere else (good point brought up by Nickv, he does that on occasion ;)).
IMO driving for your own team is boring;)

and imo its a good reason, to it disturb me some teams driving with old 2004 shapes and some already with 2007 shapes.

World Grand Prix - Qualification of Piranema

Welcome at Piranema once again! It's a sunny day and the engines are starting to make this a nice qialify day. Enjoy!

Jo Pellatt first to set a time here today, compared to yesterday this isn't going to be fast enough!

Like said.. Briére takes the time down 1.3 second!!

Diego Noriega, current WC leader can't come to it, would that be pole time??

Then Barrowcliff. An Amazing time for a Viper K1!!!

Thought it's Cantero to go under the time, will this be pole then?? Yesterday's time were faster so who knows?

Castello sees Cantero putting a time down which he probarly can't reach as Rico Racing aint fast this season

Then de Boer going out, he made a unbelievable come-back in the WGP by winning 3/4 and some poles, what will he do today??

Postma going out, winner of last race. Can he repeat something of there, here??

Yes he can! He just chips of some time of Cantero's time!!

Last year champion can't beat the time. He surely will be pissed off because it's not pole ;)

Current Standings 1

Current Standings 2

Current Standings 3

Noriega going out, he surely aint happy with P11

He betters his time taking P4 at this time

The Prins to take down his teammates time, he fails but putting a nice P3 there

Jo Pellatt in 19th there, she tries but can't come further then driving around in the backfield

Matthie Briére then once again, what can he do??

Final Standings 1

Final Standings 2

Final Standings 3

But wait!! Prins was still finishing off his lap!! He takes pole in the last chance!!!

Day Results

Join us tomorrow for the race!!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sensational stuff from Andrew. The first Viper K1 to make it into the top 10 during the season!
gg aint that bad

btw, for that new shape, me don't like the nose ;) the rest is fine but anyway...

i thaught that a choice of carshapes would have been a "plus" to the series, for me a single carshape is like a step backwards, i use to enjoy the variety of cars on the screenshots, now they will all look a bit the same to me...

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy