Teraur's FW28

Posted by MarcA 
Re: Teraur's FW28
Date: September 12, 2006 10:26PM
Posted by: magicsenna
hey mate, if you want that car, search for the leeched one.
not polite but quite simple :P
Date: September 12, 2006 10:29PM
Posted by: jpmfw
@muks,if you think anything i`ve said in this thread was directed at you,it wasn`t my friend,i just agreed with the point someone raised about paying for stuff being a bad idea, i also know you only said that as an example.Just wanted to clear that up :)

EDIT-oh and my CSM`s gone nuts too, so i`m back on wads ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2006 10:30PM by jpmfw.
Date: September 12, 2006 10:29PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
and thats why the files are being locked...leechers...nice pic paolo mate...
Date: September 12, 2006 10:38PM
Posted by: raulongo
Look at F1C... MTS Files (MTS is the filesystem of this game) are locked and 3 or 4 in the world know how to unlock them. Sure that no-one blames RH for locking files... Why blame Teraur? He done 3 cars of the 11 of the whole season... Don't we have enough? Just thing people, and let Teraur speak.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: September 12, 2006 10:40PM
Posted by: Muks_C
no problem Paolo :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 12, 2006 10:44PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
raulongo Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Look at F1C... MTS Files (MTS is the filesystem of this game) are
> locked and 3 or 4 in the world know how to unlock them. Sure that
> no-one blames RH for locking files... Why blame Teraur? He done 3 cars
> of the 11 of the whole season... Don't we have enough? Just thing
> people, and let Teraur speak.
>
>
> .. ..
>
> --WilliamsF1Team 4EVER--

3 or 4 in the world?
Are you crazy. More than 1000 people in the world can unlokc mts files. Me being one of them.
Date: September 12, 2006 10:58PM
Is a way of talking ;-) I know how to do it ^_^

raulgullon.com -
Date: September 12, 2006 10:59PM
Posted by: Briere
The problem is not that the cars be locked, it's fine. But the WHOLE mod is locked, so we can't extract anything off it :(
Date: September 12, 2006 11:00PM
RH Mod is locked all toghether... people can't extract anything... and still playing and enjoying the mod...

raulgullon.com -
Date: September 12, 2006 11:12PM
Posted by: Briere
I dont follow the F1C activities anymore, but I couldn't recall other mods than RH and CTDP. So people were going to use either one, with no "4th party" cars. I may be wrong tho.

With GP4, it's different. We get cars released separately, and then we get a mod later that includes them. But since this year, people seem to release their cars only with a CSM mod (Tony's 2006 mod), like Fongu's SA05 and Teraur's FW28. It's a shame because these cars seem awesome, and people who don't like/use CMS can't have them :(
Date: September 12, 2006 11:15PM
Posted by: ZaZ
hmm, i feel like i should say something here.
the locking system that was beta-released was nothing more than a simple experiment if the algorithm worked. the encryption used is quite strong and ,just as important, quick.
the way the lock was applied was weak at least. i knew that already and i also knew that it would be cracked very soon. so no suprises there.
i'm testing a new locking system at the moment and that should be much much harder to break, plus it will still work without CSM, so you can still rip cars out of a mod to stuff them into your wad. the only thing you cannot do with locked tex and gp4 files is modify them yourself.
most likely i'll make slimtex compatible with locked textures with limitations, but just enough so you are still able to resize them (in case your computer is too weak)

there are quite some people that just say "i have nothing but trouble with csm" but how many have sent me a mail to report their errors? i can make it work for you, too.
nobody is forcing anything and if my tools weren't available there would be much choice left either.
then you'd be 'forced' to use wadupdater,csc,teameditor for everything. what are the alternatives for gpxpatch? etc.
of course, i would like that everybody can customize their gp4's the way they like, but it's not my job to satisfy everyone.
there are also quite a lot of other reasons why most mods are csm-only mods. i've converted the FAC 2006 mod to CSM and exported it to a csm-install file of only 70 mb or something instead of the original 600mb+
imagine a couple of thousand downloads of your mod... who's paying bandwidth? plus the fact that once you know how it works, it's easier to maintain and update, although "easier" is relative, i agree ;) but saying that you can't do things with CSM that you would be able to do without, is just nonsense.

Also don't forget that CSM and the 2006 mod were released in beta stage. That's only done for you people who were eager to check it out and don't want to wait longer.
Beta means that it most likely still has bugs. So you find something in the mod that is wrong? contact b-tone on the forum. CSM is giving you trouble? drop me a bugreport at the forum or send an email. I will try to fix every bug you can point me to. Sometimes you need to ask it twice, but eventually your number wil be up.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: September 12, 2006 11:32PM
Posted by: welshjim22
Sounds fair enough ZAZ.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: September 12, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: chuo396
It´s the same problem with the circuit of Istambul 2005 published to work only with TSM , if someone wants to use without TSM...why he can´t do it?
Date: September 12, 2006 11:45PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
wots easier than using easy wad for updating,copying and pasting,or drag and drop,i also dont mind that the files are being locked,in fact im all for it if it stops leeching,i just dont want to have to rely on csm to play gp4 at all..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2006 11:52PM by lee1971.
Date: September 13, 2006 12:07AM
Posted by: ZaZ
chuo396 Wrote:
> It´s the same problem with the circuit of Istambul 2005 published to
> work only with TSM , if someone wants to use without TSM...why he
> can´t do it?

He can. Double click the file and it will install the track into TSM,
Then simply rip the files from the track folder.
If that's too much trouble then it would be equal to say when someone releases something in a rar file, that you want to open it with winzip and nothing else.

lee1971 Wrote:
> wots easier than using easy wad for updating,copying and pasting,or
> drag and drop,i also dont mind that the files are being locked,in fact
> im all for it if it stops leeching,i just dont want to have to rely
> on csm to play gp4 at all..

csm is ;) now you don't drop them into wads, but into folders.
i can understand that it's unfamiliar to those who learnt how to update gp4 the old way, but simple mods are really easy to build.
if you look at tony's mods they can really scare you because of the complexity. he built them that way so you can configure lots of things and textures for low,mid and high end systems.
same for lower lods and tons of other things.
to update wads, csm uses the exact same engine as easywad, so if the updating of wads in unreliable in csm, it should be also just as unreliable in easywad. and i think easywad is quite reliable.
just install a gp4 installation next to your customized gp4 installation and zip or rar it in case anything goes wrong.
then when lightning strikes (again) just unrar it or whatever. that'll only take 1 minute. and tell me what happened. I'll do my best to fix it which also helps many others.
You rely on many other tools also. Without them you are not able to do anything to gp4

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: September 13, 2006 02:26AM
Posted by: Gusgus
I just want to say that CSM is one of the greatest GP4 tools, which make the life a way easier. You put cars in the cars folder, helmets in the helmets folder, etc... and you don't need to compile or decompile any wad file, it does it automatically so you can update your game without spending lots of time, which is very disturbing.

I also have to say that I never had any problem with it but problems caused by an error from me that I could fix by myself after a short time of reflection (that prevented me from having any trouble since a long time).

And finally, I have to say that Tony's mods are a lot easier to understand when you look at them closely and see all the links there are between all the .ini files.

So a big thanks to ZaZ, and please, don't blame CSM because you can't make it work, because it's not its fault...

My workthread here
Date: September 13, 2006 06:26AM
Posted by: sunil
zaz, good news about locking. it's great to hear that non-CSM users can use from mods.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy