"The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony

Posted by b-tone 
Re: "The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony
Date: August 24, 2007 05:33PM
Posted by: joffonon
Posted this over at GrandprixX.com, no reply yet so hopefully someone here can help!

First of all, thanks to those who put together the trackpack, it looks really good. This is my first foray into modding GP4, so apologies if these are really newbie problems.

First of all, I'm certain I've installed it all properly as it all works fine (on a quick turn around Sepang and Silverstone, anyway). However, the dashboard text is misaligned with the actual dash (it's some way above it). Can anyone point me as to where I can adjust where the text is displayed?

The other minor issue is that there is no racing line for the first track, Sepang, even if I turn it off then on again. My friends and I play GP4 at a fairly low level (it's more of a game than a simulation to us!), so is there something I can do to turn it on, or is it just not part of the track?

Thanks!
Date: August 26, 2007 08:55AM
Posted by: b-tone
Can you post a picture of the text? The new steering wheels usually have no place for the game text, so its been removed probably.
Sepang, or Sakhir? Sepang should have the best-line feature, but most new tracks don't. The only option is to get better :)

____
Tony

Date: September 11, 2007 11:04PM
Posted by: dada
i did a "youtube walk around' and i found this

[&mode=related&search=]

[&mode=related&search=]

..of course i dont know if this mod is a gpx ( or gp4db) project

Date: September 12, 2007 10:57AM
Posted by: Hoogeveense RAT
@dada, I think the reason for these problems is the track, because I use the 2007 Spanish track too and have the same problems, but I don't have these problems when I drive on other tracks.
Date: September 13, 2007 10:01PM
I want to update the performance and physics files. So I downloaded the 2007 perf-physics file by Mariano Di Carlo from GP4World. The readme.txt says that I have to load the generic perf.txt file in GpxPatch -> GPxSet tab, but then I see the forms of the physics and performance file are locked, so I can't update the physics and performances. How can I unlock these forms? Thanks in advance :).
Date: September 14, 2007 11:05PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
I downloaded 3D threads and 2D rims package from GP4db.com and installed it to this 2006 mod. Then went to the game and got this: [img440.imageshack.us]. :o I think it has something to do with f1graphics.cfg but I don't know which lines to change...
Date: September 14, 2007 11:13PM
Hello [FIN]Räkä, I have this problem too, but I actually have no idea what's the reason for it. I only know that I get this view when I press V, and I go back to the normal T-Cam view with Q.

But the problem annoys me because I always use V because it's also to key to go through the pages of the TV overlays. So, hopefully there's a solution for it. Thanks in advance. :)
Date: September 20, 2007 10:49PM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Can please someone tell me how can I get rid of bump map on track? I ve switched it of in f1graphics.cfg file but its still in game. Im using this mod, 2007 season.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: September 21, 2007 08:10PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Try from game options. Or make sure that f1graphics.cfg controls all settings, change first line of the file from 0 to 1.

Offtopic: I can't agree with your sig, I think Räikkönen and Senna are the unluckiest drivers ever. Senna at Imola 1994 and Räikkönen in the 2005 season.
Date: September 28, 2007 09:32AM
Posted by: joffonon
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you post a picture of the text? The new
> steering wheels usually have no place for the game
> text, so its been removed probably.
> Sepang, or Sakhir? Sepang should have the
> best-line feature, but most new tracks don't. The
> only option is to get better :)

Thanks for the response, b-tone. Sorry, haven't had a chance to fire up GP4 for a while due to holidays and stuff, so no screenshot to explain I'm afraid, but I can say that I was using the original steering wheels from the game, as I want (initially at least) the game to look the same as it does 'normally'.

The track name was from memory, apologies if I guessed the wrong one starting with S! It's the first track of the season, anyway. :) Thanks for the explanation about the racing line, as you say we'll just have to learn to live without it for the new tracks!
Date: October 16, 2007 04:25AM
Posted by: Raderick
Downloads are not working.

2 512MB DDR Memory Sticks
Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Sony 16x Internal IDE DVD Drive
Mad Dog 52x32x52 Internal IDE CD-RW Drive
ATI Radeon 9260 256MB Video Card
MSI TV @nywhere Plus TV and FM Radio Tuner
The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony: processor occupancy
Date: December 20, 2008 01:53PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Hey guys just wondering. I downloaded the 06-07 mod. It runs,but i suddenly get a processor occupancy of over 900 (!)with the same settings which i get a po of no more than 100 with the original game settings. Even when i put all the settings to its absolute minimum,i still get no lower than 300 po! And then i put the resolution down to 640X480 from my usual 1024X768. And i have all updated versions of everything. Please help!!! i havent modified my f1graphics.cfg at all,i dont want to muck around with it.but if theres something i can edit in there please tell me! thanks guys,and once again this is the best site on the web to me...
Date: December 21, 2008 05:56AM
Posted by: DAMON96
When I had this problem...not 900 but I had 200 or 300 I put the photograms (I don´t know if that´s the word in english) at 15 for second (is in the avanced graphic in the GP4 not in the GP4 X) That is what I did and it worked I´m not an expert at all maybe there is a better way, I run all the mods at 15 and everything is fine.
Date: December 21, 2008 01:29PM
Please help! what do you mean photograms? i think you mean fps. But i have put it on 10 fps just to get it on 200 po. But on less than 10 fps it looks like a strobelight or something! i just cant understand why it can jump from under 100 po to 900 po just by changing the cars!? why!? HELLLLLLP! And these downloadable f1graphics.cfg files by other users, whose would you recomend?
Date: December 21, 2008 02:29PM
Posted by: DAMON96
Sorry that didn´t work, yes I was meaning about what you wrote.
Date: December 21, 2008 03:18PM
Posted by: J-C
Date: December 21, 2008 07:55PM
Ho3n3r specs:

laptop
intel centrino duo 1.66ghz
2gb ram
Intel 945gm gfx card

any more info needed? but as i said,it runs fine with original game, but only with mods does it suck. Thanks for the advice guys, unfortunately to no avail thus far. You guys are great!
Date: December 21, 2008 08:13PM
Ho3n3r Wrote:
> Ho3n3r specs:
>
> laptop
> intel centrino duo 1.66ghz
> 2gb ram
> Intel 945gm gfx card
>
> any more info needed? but as i said,it runs fine
> with original game, but only with mods does it
> suck. Thanks for the advice guys, unfortunately to
> no avail thus far. You guys are great!

Any new pc or laptop can run the game without been updated. The problem is when you want to insert a mod. Why doesnt it work? because original game
car shapes and textures are not demanding but mods have cars shapes with
a lot more polys than the original game, the textures of the cars has
also increased significantly.

Also the Grafic card shares the main RAM, so that would mean you'd have to compromise between the display and the performance of the application.

Source: [www.experts-exchange.com]

Onboard video cards are not good for Gp4.

Edit: Many laptops are very very bad for gaming.

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 08:14PM by J-C.
Date: December 21, 2008 09:12PM
Thanks guys. But any help to improve my situation, instead of pointing out the obvious, would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Date: December 21, 2008 10:16PM
Ho3n3r Wrote:
> Thanks guys. But any help to improve my situation,
> instead of pointing out the obvious,

How about understanding what i wrote in previous post?
If you understood that then you should not expect too much
of that laptop ...

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy