"The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony

Posted by b-tone 
Re: "The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony
Date: March 03, 2007 01:10PM
Posted by: Drag-on
Hey I am just asking for some help with GP4. I have got GPxPatch.391 and I have installed CSM 1.26 and that works fine so I click on start game and it goes to the normal game menu. Then I click drive and it comes up with the loading screen as normal but as it comes up the game shuts down and it comes up with an error window that says

GPxPatch An error has occurred. Open the log file? ( GFPxPatch will quit afterwards to fee up resources

Ok Or Cancel

What do I do? If someone could help me that would be great

Thanks

Drag-on
Date: March 03, 2007 01:48PM
Posted by: danny87
Look at this post. it will fix it.

[www.grandprixx.com]

@Tony, tried what you posted, but had no joy, anyone else knows

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2007 01:54PM by danny87.
Date: March 03, 2007 06:59PM
I cant find where it tells me how to fix it where is it Danny? Can You tell me please? Cheers
Date: March 03, 2007 08:50PM
On the 1st post where it says right click and save as just click it and it will do it automatically.

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: March 03, 2007 10:14PM
It has fixed it but now when the car starts up it goes full left and goes full throttle What do I do now? Cheers
Date: March 04, 2007 02:01AM
Change your control setup

Date: March 04, 2007 10:39AM
Cheers Danny everything works. Can you tell me how to replace 06 helmets with 07? I have downloaded Lewis Hamilton's one and the read me says this

rename tex file (ex.: nameX_1.tex and nameX_2.tex for
driver4_1. and driver4_2.tex) and use WadUpdater 3.3 for change tex files

I have renamed it but do you think I should replace it with the Lewis Hamilton tex file I have?

When it says used WadUPdater does that mean I should update the cars wad?

Thanks for helping me
Date: March 04, 2007 11:08AM
Posted by: b-tone
Dragon- it depends where you want the lewis helmet. If its for the mclaren in the Post Season subset then do this:
1. Open 'Data\Helmets\PostSeason.ini' in notepad and change it so it reads:
Dir4 =%helmetres%\Hamilton,%helmetres%\Hamilton\PostSeason
2. Create a folder: 'Data\Helmets\Hi\Hamilton
3. Put the tex files there. They should have _1 and _2 but otherwise names don't matter.
Remember the beta doesn't use the newer Arai shape

____
Tony

Date: March 04, 2007 11:56AM
b-tone Do I take out dir4 =%helmetres%\delaRosa,%helmetres%\delaRosa\PostSeason (DelaRosa) or do I leve it in and just put Lewis's in there? Cheers
Date: March 04, 2007 12:04PM
Just change delaRosa to Hamilton

____
Tony

Date: March 04, 2007 12:19PM
b-tone Thanks a lot. Just to more thing sorry. How do you change the driver names so they come out on the TV Overlay because if you change the name in driver select menu it does not work. And I have got Lewis's Helmet working but it looks like the graphics are missing on parts of the helmet how do I sort that out? Thanks for you help.
Date: March 04, 2007 12:34PM
For names edit the text files in Data\Performance. Again change de la rosa's name for hamilton in PostSeason.txt.

The helmet tex you have is probably for the new Arai but the beta mod uses the old shape and the two aren't 100% compatible. Try to find a Hamilton made for the old shape

____
Tony

Date: March 04, 2007 12:51PM
How can you tell if it is made for the old shape? Cheers
Date: March 04, 2007 01:02PM
Do this

You have to download the 06 Arai helmet shape (http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?25,645230)

Then you go to Helmets > Shape and back up your AraiWing Folder and then extract the files in the download from the folder Arai with Wing to the AraiWing folder in CSM. This will make the 2007 helmets work but not the 2006 ones already in the game because they are for a different shape.

So you have to replace them all with ones from here (http://www.gp4italia.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=191 the first one on that list)

Date: March 04, 2007 01:52PM
How do I change the steering wheel to the Mclaren Steering whell so I have it in the car when I am racing thanks for all the help guys
Date: March 05, 2007 11:47AM
I just want to know how I change the steering wheel from the Renault one to the Maclaren. Can someone tell me how to do it thanks
Date: March 05, 2007 12:16PM
Go to CSM's Configurable tab and change the driver. Steering wheel is automatically changed

____
Tony

Date: March 10, 2007 11:22AM
Hey how do you install cars 1 at a time? Do I extract cars wad? Can someone tell me please thanks
Date: March 10, 2007 09:06PM
Take a look here: [www.grandprixx.com]

____
Tony

Date: March 11, 2007 11:44AM
What I mean is can you install them one by one without the mod so can you change the cars in the normal game? Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy