Re: "The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony
Date: October 09, 2006 08:27PM
Posted by: Drag-on
I have done it just says the same thing

Thanks
Date: October 09, 2006 11:26PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Tony I don't know what more you could add :)

I went a little further with mine and installed things such as the Magny-Cours McLaren version, special livery helmets & cars including NT etc but I know you will proabably do this anyway.

I only thing I am missing is the the updated complete 2006 viser's (Williams using old HP) etc. Perhaps some nice 2006 background photos ingame but I am very happy with it all congrats because it is an awesome job.
Date: October 10, 2006 08:57AM
Buzz Hornet how do you install cars I am struggling to do that can you tell me how you do it?

Thanks
Date: October 10, 2006 01:18PM
Posted by: AlbersF1
I also want to install the orange Spyker in the 2006-Mod for the last three races, but I don't know how...
Date: October 10, 2006 02:28PM
@ Drag-on & AlbersF1

The answer to you questions are posted in this thread a couple of times :)
however to say you want to add the Spyker simply do the following:

After you have dl the files than go to Data/Cars/Midland under the Cars direrctory are the lods and under the Hi Low or STD files are the tex files. Now it just a case of renaming the lod files for the shape to car_midland_car1_lod_0 etc until you replace all the files. Delete the other Midland tex files and replace them with the dl files. (Never rename tex files)

To add special liveries etc refer to page 24 on this thread and Tony pretty much explains how to add special livery helmets and cars etc. It is very simple if you follow the instructions, if you get stuck don't hesitate to ask :)
Have fun......
Date: October 10, 2006 02:34PM
Posted by: b-tone
You don't need to rename the .gp4 files - CSM does that :)

i havent installed the spyker, but you probably want to make a 'Shanghai' folder in the 'Midland\Car' foder and put the shape files there.
And for tex make a Shanghai folder also (under Hi, Std, Lo), and put the tex there

Then open the default.ini in the Midland folder and under the [Vars] section add:
cartrack17=Shanghai
cartrack18=Shanghai
textrack17=Shanghai
textrack18=Shanghai

I think thats right, and will give you the spyker car at the final 3 races :)

____
Tony

Date: October 10, 2006 02:38PM
Opps ya I forgot to say that :) Thanks Tony
Date: October 10, 2006 03:58PM
Posted by: speedman2006
The mod is super but i have a small problem

[img209.imageshack.us]

i tried with gp4_nocd,but i saw that the car is slower with 0.5-1 sec/lap.
What should i do beacuse is frustating when you fight on the track and the game shut down.I hope that is a solution because i really like the mod and is exciting,only that the ai players are not so strong.
Date: October 10, 2006 04:28PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I dont know if it will help you at all but I recommend that you would shut down those backround programs(skype,yahoo etc...)when you play gp4.
Date: October 10, 2006 04:31PM
@speedman - click ok, and paste that file here, or email it to me.
and do as vesuvius says if you want better performance :)

____
Tony

Date: October 10, 2006 05:09PM
Posted by: Marders
Gentlemen,

I would be grateful for some assistance. I am not a newbie to GP4 or other F1 games but I am new to the whole modding scene.

Having seen screenshots of the amazing work you guys are doing in terms of updating the game to the current and historic seasons I am very keen to use the 2006 Mod so I can use the current crop of cars and drivers etc.

I have read through many of the posts in this forum and am no clearer as to how to run the Mod.

I have installed GP4, installed the 9.6 patch and therefore upgraded to GP4 v 1.02. I have installed GP4 de-crypt and I can now run the game without the CD. I have installed GPX Patch 3.91. I have tried to install your CSM 1.26 Beta but it only shows v 1.25 when it loads and even clicking the update button in the help menu does not work as it says all updates are installed. The download i used was for a zipped file entitled 'Zaz Tools Public Beta3.zip'. How do I get the 1.26 version?

I have also downloaded the 2006 Mod and it shows as a RAR file.

Assuming that I can get the 1.26 version of CSM how do I then run the 2006 Mod? Do I copy it straight into CSM somehow? When I use the 1.25 version to look for carsets etc it won't show anything with an RAR extension.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much.

Marders
Date: October 10, 2006 05:21PM
Marders, CSM will reach 1.26 when its out of beta state, so 1.25.1002 is the latest version.
The rar file is a compressed file - download winrar (www.rarlabs.com) and unpack that rar file.
Inside is a .cuh file. That is the (compressed) mod. Open CSM and choose 'install carset/update' in the File menu.
You should also be able to double click the .cuh file.

That should be it. You should delete the f1graphics.cfg and f1gstate.sav files from the Data/Files folder (ie: C:\Program Files\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2006\Data\Files)

Also check [www.grandprixx.com] for more help about CSM and the mod :)

____
Tony

Date: October 10, 2006 06:12PM
Posted by: johnnyw
i have a problem with graphics i can;t change texture quality its always low ! how can i fix that? i reinstal mod several times but doesnt help.
Date: October 11, 2006 10:10AM
Posted by: andrewf1
johnnyw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i have a problem with graphics i can;t change
> texture quality its always low ! how can i fix
> that? i reinstal mod several times but doesnt
> help.

I have the exact same problem, I've edited the f1graphics file as well, and still no luck :(
Date: October 11, 2006 06:14PM
@ b-tone I updated CSM but it says that I need the clean wad do I want to recover I say yes and it comes up with a window but there is nothing to recover my bro know's how to but he is testin so he wont be back till friday so wot should I do?
Date: October 11, 2006 06:56PM
Posted by: bignav88
I just installled the mod the other week, got to know csm n tsm and i got to say that the results are very satisfying. My game has now sharper graphics and more smooth. Any one wants my f1graphics config, just ask me and i will send it here.

Here are some screenshots of my game:

Date: October 11, 2006 07:58PM
Bignav88 can u tell me how I can get a clean cars.wad I have reinstalled the game but still wont work cos when I start up CSM it says csn reqiers a clean wad and my cars.wad is not the original cars.wad

Thanks
Date: October 11, 2006 09:02PM
@Drag-on, if you have a edited cars wad, replace it with the original cars wad. Then download the no-cd decrypted gp4.exe. You can download that from www.racesimulations.com Install the latest gpx patch. Replace the old gp4.exe with the no-cd one. Then load the mod by csm, if it says that your wad is not original, tell it to shut up!..lol..nah close the message down and go to file>options and then uncheck "original wad check" and "original exe check". close csm and open it again. Then it should work.

If for some reason csm says "Slots incorrect" it wil ask you for recovery, click no. you will notice that you can't start the game. To start the game go to file>recovery and when the dialog comes up, close it, then you can start the game. Hope this helped :)
Date: October 11, 2006 10:20PM
Posted by: Duncan Idaho
bignav, are those 3D rims? I have it enabled, but the rims don't turn :/

---------------------------

My Video Game Collection (Missing NES/SNES games)
Date: October 11, 2006 11:20PM
yer they are 3D duncan, when i first enabled them with the mod they didn't turn. So i copied n pasted the 3D rims in my own edited cars wad in the 3D folder of the mod. Them rims were part of karan's 2005 wad. It had all the tyres textures file for the tyre and all the files for the rim. The rim files were all .gp4 files. I copied the textures files in the tyres folder and the .gp4 files in the rims folder and they started turnin again ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy