Arai 2006.

Posted by Mini Maestro 
Re: Arai 2006.
Date: August 21, 2006 01:29AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
great work Mark. I got your pm. Feel free to work on anything to be honest. how about Fisichella *hint* *hint* ;) i cant paint his helmet at all lol.
erm

Renault - Alonso done
Mclaren - not done [De La Rosa done]
Ferrari - Schumacher done
Toyota - Complete? I have done Ralfs and Trulli's Chrome with Red on top
Williams - Complete
BAR - Complete
RBR [lobizone] - ??
BMW Sauber - Complete. Kubica done
Midland - not done. dont like them tbh :P
Scuderia Torro Rosso [Overgone] - done to a bloody good standard :P
Super Aguri [Overgone] - Yamamoto done. Montagny Done. Sato??
Date: August 21, 2006 04:50AM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
i guess i could do Klien's as its 100% like AJ's helmet but without the flames ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: August 21, 2006 05:27AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
maybe flash formula will convert his fisichella helmets?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 21, 2006 07:26AM
Posted by: gezere
STR2 Paolo..... You are in 2007 LOL.

Very nice shots ....and helmets of course.

Date: August 21, 2006 07:46AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Pretty good helmets there, so neat!

And nice name there, Paolo ;) "Our Thing", hehe
Date: August 21, 2006 11:49AM
Posted by: Overgone
@ jpmfw - WoW nice shots Liuzzi looks reaaaally nice :)

I'll have to complete Trulli's lid for Roberto first but if there is anything running lose after that then I'll give it a go :)

Thanks for the comments aswell peeps :)

Cheerio_
Overgone

[www.purevolume.com]
Date: August 21, 2006 04:24PM
Posted by: Great.M.Surfer
Hi guys,

I've also the Arai shape (to convert my Senna helmet's and make a start for Mansell and all others). However, de top and visor is my problem, it's nasty mapped (in my opinion). Wouldn't it be better to map it like Arai 2005? It's easier and the size of the file is not bigger (it's now 1024 x 2048). It's my opinion and if it can be edited I would be very happy anyway (Maikel too, I've talked to him). What do you think Mark? And some others?
Date: August 21, 2006 05:20PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
yeh i must agree that it isn't perfect to paint and beside that its bigger then the 2048x512 tex what makes the PO hit goes up,, THIS IS JUST MINE OPINION!!!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: August 21, 2006 06:32PM
Posted by: Overgone
Hmmmm

I think the bigger top section is a great bonus, especially as its the part of the helmet you'll see almost 90% of the time... If you drive from the t-cam view like me anyway *can't be doing with this cockpit stuff ;)*

The visor is a little tricky to get ya head round me thinks but after shrinking the visor sticker down by 85% and stretching it down a ickle bit it looks awesome :) The nice thing is that now the visor is bigger you'll be able to get some nicer effects, which I'm looking foward to when I get to playing around with it ;)

So okay its not absolutely user friendly but it'll pay off in the long run me thinks :)

Cheerio_
Overgone

[www.purevolume.com]
Date: August 21, 2006 07:16PM
i agree with Mark :)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: August 22, 2006 07:16PM
You will not hear me complaining about the visor, but couldn't the top be square instead of round?
Date: August 22, 2006 07:37PM
well i dont have much complaints about the top but more about the visor/sticker ;)

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Date: August 23, 2006 11:26PM
Posted by: Eugenio Faria
Some of you just complain too much...
You should thank the modders that still provide you updates for a game so old like GP4 is, and not complain about minor things!
About the visor problem I explained before and I will explain to you for the last time why its mapped that way.If you want a accurate helmet model you will have to deal with that.The way the visor is modelled you cant get a better mapping. If I made the helmet shape in a way that you wouldnt have this "problems" I bet some of you would just say that the shape is wrong and it should be done the other way...
About the size of the 2nd texture,its big because the helmet shape when it was done wasnt meant to be released for Gp4 or any other game,so I wasnt thinking about the PO or how many fps you would get.
But since that bothers some people you can easilly decrease the size of the texture or for the current painters of the 2006 helmets just simply dont paint in this shape!
Date: August 24, 2006 01:51AM
i think this is stupid to be against this new visor mapping because you only need to ''scale'' the sponsor on the visor sticker... and that brings us a much better top mapping!

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: August 24, 2006 09:25AM
well maybe i complain too much yeh...but i decided that i will not make any more updates anymore for GP4,, i only will stay active with work in the W300 and WGP...this is not just about a helmet shape,, i like the shape, its very good...but i cant work on it the way i want to do that,, and as i dont got much motivation either anymore maybe its better too quit making updates....

and roberto its not only the visor sticker,, i also am unable to put the sponsors good on the visor like: cara coat,, piaggio aero,, club special and maybe more

Date: August 24, 2006 09:30AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
disappointing news - hopefully you find the motivation to return sometime in the future...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 24, 2006 11:09AM
@ Eugenio: It was a question. You say "No" then it's ok for me. I'll find a solution :)
Date: August 25, 2006 10:17PM
time for another preview methinks

Date: August 25, 2006 10:24PM
Posted by: Senna
Me thinks that you need to improve the textures of Jenson's helmet :)

But the shape is great

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: August 25, 2006 10:25PM
Senna Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Me thinks that you need to improve the textures of Jenson's helmet
>
> But the shape is great
>
>
>

i know its not the best but i am not a helmet painter.
so one else will do a better job when the shape is released ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy