Mr Pibbs pitstand with muppets

Posted by Slasher 
Mr Pibbs pitstand with muppets
Date: May 18, 2006 10:56AM
Posted by: Slasher
Found this excellent addon using the search function that Mr Pibb was kindly sharing around.

However, when i tried to download via the various links supplied in those threads, nothing worked.

Any chance someone could send them to me?

PM me and i will send you my email address.

Thanks,

Slasher
Re: Mr Pibbs pitstand with muppets
Date: May 18, 2006 04:51PM
Anyone?
Date: May 18, 2006 05:05PM
Posted by: Willb
Hi,

I have them on my other hard drive somewhere I think, but its not at hand right now (not pluged in!).

Have you tried pm'ing Mr.Pibb?

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: May 18, 2006 07:33PM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
@ Slasher:

Do you want 2005 or 2006 version?

Regards,

Mr Pibb. :)

Date: May 18, 2006 07:39PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@dave>>>>

maybe you could upload these excellent stands to the download section @ gp games.org...??
Date: May 18, 2006 07:44PM
Posted by: brunoboi
coud we have some pics? I'm at a loss to figure out what the hell the muppets arfe doing in the pitstands

Date: May 18, 2006 07:49PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Mr Pibb, could you maybe be soo kind as to create a single pitstand in the design of the Sauber, so that I can add it some tracks for my own team. I've got my team, and textures, but some circuits I've got no 11th pitstand. If you can't tis OK, will just have to make do.

LOL! Mind you, never really notice the single pitstand when driving past at over 150mph, but hey, would be cool!! :P

Let me know thanks.

Mike
Date: May 18, 2006 08:39PM
@Jim: I've got no idea how to do that. :( I didn't think you could upload to GPG easily.

@brunoboi: There's some pictures here on another thread: [www.grandprixgames.org]

@Mike: Do you mean you want some Team11 stands with custom textures?

Regards,

Mr Pibb

Date: May 19, 2006 02:47AM
Ive sent you a private message Mr Pibb.

Thanks for your reply.
Date: May 19, 2006 04:22PM
Bump...
Date: May 19, 2006 04:23PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Yeah, just a singluar GP4 file, that can be imported into each of the tracks. If that's OK. Cause I think that your pitstands were in a large group, of all 11 werent they?

Mike

Viper-Mazda. The best 11th team I've ever made. :P But its 'cause I made it. WAYHEY!!!
Date: May 19, 2006 09:09PM
@Slasher and Champion, I'll upload them tonight and post a link on this thread.

@Viper-F1. You can import in all 22 pitstands into each track as a singlular import, then just delete the 20 you don't want. It may be a singular GP4 file but it contains 22 seperate objects. It'll only take 20 clicks on the del button. You'd only need to use the tex files for the stands too of course.

EDIT: You can get the pitstands for all tracks and 2006 textures here.

Regards,

Mr Pibb

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2006 09:17PM by Mr Pibb.
Date: May 20, 2006 03:12AM
Thank you Mr Pibbs, much appreciated.
Date: May 21, 2006 06:40PM
Posted by: mistral
many thanks for this one

but which tools do i need to get this working,
could i just replace files in track's wad ?

there is some image attached but i really don't know how to make this work

any help is appreciated
Date: May 21, 2006 09:02PM
@mistral: You have to insert them into your tracks GP4 file (found inside your track wad).

The track wad files are found in the root folder of your GP4 installation. For example ..\Program Files\Grand Prix 4. There are 17 of them in a standard installation, one for each track. For example melborne2001.wad.The track wad files are more or less just a zip file really, and you can decompress (unzip) them and recompress (zip them back up again) using a number of tools such as the excellent EasyWad utility by ZaZ, which you download from the downloads section of this very web site.

For example you will find a file called melborne2001.GP4 in the \maps\melborne2001 folder in your melborne2001.wad file.

This melborne2001.GP4 file is the file you must insert the melborne pitstands into. There are full step by step screenshots in the instructions showing how to do this part. It's really very easy to do. You will need the superb 3DEditor utility by Lo2k to do this. You can download that from his website at www.realgpx.com.

Once that's done just copy all the tex files provided into the same \maps\melborne2001 folder the same melborne2001.wad file, recompress the wad file and you're done.

ALWAYS make an extra (backup) copy of the wad file BEFORE you make any changes to it. If you screw it up somehow, you can revert back to this backup file.

If you have any problems drop me a PM. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2006 09:19PM by Mr Pibb.
Date: May 21, 2006 09:03PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i'm too polite to say anything about this atm..but this question was only asked this morning & is only on page two of this forum....

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 22, 2006 01:23AM
Posted by: champion
Thanks Mr Pibb, works just fine. Only small problem I have is with Istanbul track everything else works just fine.
Date: May 22, 2006 10:37AM
Posted by: mistral
many many thanks Mr Pibbs ...... that was really clear, kind and fast response !!

You could add this text to your release that some people won't ask ... it's very well writen
Date: May 22, 2006 12:27PM
@Mistral: I'm only too pleased to help. :)

@Champion: What problem did you have at Istanbul?

Regards,

Mr Pibb.

Date: May 22, 2006 01:06PM
Posted by: champion
I don't know what files to delete in Istanbul? Also once we are at it, how you save .gp4 file in 2005 Imola track by Ricardo, all save functions are disabled?

thanx for your time...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy