GP4 Tweaker problem

Posted by cysio 
GP4 Tweaker problem
Date: June 04, 2006 01:15PM
Posted by: cysio
I changed my OS to Windows XP x64 and GP4 Tweaker doesn't work anymore.
Who knows what is the problem?
Re: GP4 Tweaker problem
Date: June 04, 2006 01:53PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
well what you said probabely windows xp 64 bit. I think you are the only one that use that operation system.
Date: June 04, 2006 02:17PM
oh, nice,
...so I have a problem.

I made some settings with the Tweaker when I used XP Professional, now after the reinstalation I cannot changed them anymore. Is there another way or another tool?
Date: June 04, 2006 04:37PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
depending on what settings. Like camera settings you can change with teameditor
Date: June 04, 2006 09:14PM
Posted by: mwb
Yeah I here Windows X64 is a lot more trouble than it's worth. Example being if you have just normal 32bit applications they actually run slower on Windows X64 than they would on the normal operating system. Also told it's alot harder to find drivers for things.
Date: June 04, 2006 11:40PM
Settings for force feedback and vibration for the wheel. Is it possible to chenge it somehow, without the Tweaker?

Well I think the video card is more efficient in x64, specially in GP4. I found out some problems, and fixed them but I did not found out the 32bit aplications run slower. For me it is the same or even faster. The reason I have installed it is that the games run better and for development. I just like to discover new systems to give MY opinion.
Date: June 05, 2006 07:09PM
Posted by: Madman271
Hi cysio,

Can you give more info instead of "GP4 Tweaker doesn't work anymore"? GP4 tweaker came with two separated applications; the gp4tweak.EXE (shell) and gp4tweak.DLL (GP4 hook). Which one that was causing error between them? If you run the EXE, was it displaying an error dialog window such as run-time or exception error?

Troubleshooter:
If the problem is from the EXE, try to adjust the compatibility setting down to the Win9x/ME. This can be done by accessing Properties Dialog on the GP4 Tweaker's EXE shortcut.

Note:
If the problem is on the DLL, it will causing your GP4 crashed to desktop.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: June 06, 2006 12:15AM
The problem was that Tweaker started up and closed immediatelly.

Troubleshooter:
If the problem is from the EXE, try to adjust the compatibility setting down to the Win9x/ME. This can be done by accessing Properties Dialog on the GP4 Tweaker's EXE shortcut.

Damn I did not think about it. I changed compatibility as you said and it waork !!!

T H A N K S A L O T !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy