WGP S1 Driver Champ: G Cramer Const Champ: Team Subaru 555

Posted by mortal 
And you WILL stick to it this time! ;)
The W300 is supposed to be the feeder series for the WGP. Only in special circumstances is a team owner allowed to drive his own car. A driver may own a team in another series. A team owner may have cars in both series. A team owner cannot drive in the same series he in which he owns a car. When the 07grids are closed we will be able to see who owns and drives what, if any of the rules as stated look like they are broken, then the team owners/drivers that are breaking the rules will have to fix the problem. ;-)

Ideally if there is a vacancy in the WGP, it should by rights go to the first team in w300 wanting to move up, then, newcomers can start in the w300. In fact I think that is what we should be doing regards new slots in the WGP. So I think that in future any more vacancies in the WGP should be filled by W300 teams wanting to move up. If a W300 team owner already owns a team in the WGP, or drives in the WGP for another team, that team owner is disqualified from moving his team to the WGP. The reason for having such rules is so that MORE people can compete.

The popularity of the series has been grossly underestimated, it has been a cracking success, partly due to the commitment of a core group of members here who have been determined to see it through and to contribute not just their valuable time which is precious but also their artistic talents. A big round of applause to these guys, you know who you are :-) I personally look forward to your continuing support for the series in 07. Without you it will not happen. Thankyou.

Before the first 07 races I will make up a comprehensive set of the rules as they apply to both series and Tom will post them on the website. Hopefully that will avoid confusion. It'll take a while as I have to order some stone tablets in and find a chisel and a hammer somewhere in that mess we call the SCR team garage ok.
So far I have rec'vd three votes on the tyresets. The W300 carshape vote is temporarily delayed and voting will open soon.
Three teams have re-entered and one new team has joined the 07 WGP, a total of four entries. Check the W300 website for the latest W300 07 entries. All team owners should now be aware of the rules regarding their 07 entries as it has had plenty of publicity here.
That's it from pit-lane ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2006 11:50PM by mortal.
so i need to sell my w300 team becouse i drive in the w300 for another team to? dammit

same with me :S

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
noo maikel please dont sell your team :( ... i like having you as team manager :)
so technically i shouldn't be driving for my w300 team for the final 3 races, and maikel shouldn't be driving in his w300 team?

[en-gb.facebook.com]
You are allowed to as it is special circumstances, as it is a new team and also as it is end of season. Next season you will have to give up the seat. Maikel is permitted to drive for much the same reason. In 07 you guys that own a team and drive in the same series won't be allowed, as it's a conflict of interest. If you want to drive it will have to be in the other series, so a seat swap could easily be done with a w300 driver.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 03:11PM by mortal.
i have teams (from 2007) in both series and it means I can't continue with them as I also wanna drive...:(

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
Shouldn't be doing it, in principal, you are driving against your own team ;-) See what I mean? And by already being a team owner, you are denying someone else the chance to get a drive. I think it pretty much goes without saying that it's hard enough to get in as a team owner without having a drive as well. I own two teams, and I'd like a drive, but it wouldn't be fair on my own team drivers if I was to compete against them.

yup but now i've got to fire someone...and get fired...
and for paul's matter,, he need to give up his team as he got a solid contract with VdV ;) lol

Believe me guys, its great to be a team manager. I have two cars on the champ, two chances of scoring points, also I got friend of the drivers. It's great fun to be manager of a team at WGP

Also you get most of the team prize :P

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
I'm not sure if this new rule can be implemented after many people have already signed contracts to drive for teams next year in the W300 despite owning a different team. Paul Willins for example has signed for VDV Racing but now owns PW Racing, it is unfair for him to give up either as if he were to give up his team he would be letting his two drivers down and if he were to give up his race seat it would be massively unfair to NickV who has spent time signing him and missing other driver oppertunites. I am not just saying this because I am in the same situation but because it is simply inconvenient at this time. I would suggest leaving it as it is for the next season and stressing that the rule shall be strictly enforced for season 3

at the beginning of the series Daniel also said that the rule was there for the WGP,, team managers cant drive in the same serie,, but this was open for the W30
if there is really much interest in the series...then i suggest to open the ''W1GP''
with A1GP cars...

i think we should stick to the rules and not make any exceptions (in 2007...)

if i shouldn't really be driving for vdv AND have my own w300 team then get nick to release me, i had the opportunity to drive in wgp next year anyway

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Thats a nice idea from Maikel.....

Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat!!!!!!!
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think we should stick to the rules and not make
> any exceptions (in 2007...)
>
> if i shouldn't really be driving for vdv AND have
> my own w300 team then get nick to release me, i
> had the opportunity to drive in wgp next year
> anyway

I don't think you could do that as you signed to drive for Nick first so you would have to give up your team first

I don't think we need another series though...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 04:08PM by brunoboi.
Nick can agree to release him from his contract, can't him?

Off course he will have to pay a fine :P

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
I think that rule should be enforced in the 3rd season as well, there would be a huge mess right now with the amount of people who own a team and also drive.

And it will be better than starting yet another series. Will be just too much extra load on the guys running the current one, and I don't think Tom would like to make another website ;). But if there is enough interest for one... why not.

And regarding the WGP website ;), I think it should have the same driver details as the w300 one, it's not everyday you see a Brazilian with chances of winning races/championship without having to let a German by ;)
That's completely unfair on Nick, why should he be compromised by this rule change when he is not breaking the rules? If I was in his situation I definately wouldn't release Paul as there is no driver of equal performance to replace him and Paul agreed to drive for him before he decided to enter his own team

@Gui, Once I have all the information for all the WGP drivers it'll be posted, atm i only have five driver's nationalities and have no idea whether any of those are gonna be in it next season ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 04:15PM by brunoboi.
ooo i dnt wanna have to give up my team lol :S

i really do think a driver should be able to drive for his own team though, but only in one series.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy