Management Games

Posted by dtaylor_9 
Management Games
Date: January 08, 2006 10:54PM
Posted by: dtaylor_9
Are there any decent f1 management games?
Re: Management Games
Date: January 08, 2006 11:00PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
yeah ;D www.f1competitie.nl only its dutch hehehe ;)\
btw isn't this suposed to be in the other games forum?

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2006 11:00PM by MDBSnake.
Date: January 09, 2006 08:50PM
Posted by: kimirgj
there is a great f1 management game in the making
www.f1cm.co.uk :)

Date: January 11, 2006 10:35AM
Posted by: sadler
kimirgj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> there is a great f1 management game in the making
> www.f1cm.co.uk
>
>

That looks fantastic, cant wait for that!
Date: January 11, 2006 03:10PM
Posted by: mansell92
Sadler, you better get used to waiting. That game has been in development for years and is a source of great frustration to me - I've been drooling over it since 2001.

Having said that, the developers have suggested that it should see the light of day sometime this year. Here's hoping!

In the meantime, I've got GP4 to play with all its great mods and utilities!
Date: January 11, 2006 03:14PM
Posted by: WaZz
@mansell92 : They say the say thing last year :(. I have to get use to it.... It's still in alpha stage. They say, 1 more alpha,3 or 4 beta, then maybe a public release, if they found a publisher....

So, I don't want to sound rude, but I don't think we will that game in 2006...

Date: January 11, 2006 04:45PM
i really think it will be released this year and beta will be soon, they have implemented multiply seasons now and depending on bugs it has to be the last alpha

Date: January 11, 2006 05:15PM
Posted by: Storm
they say to gonna release it in 2006 :)
Date: January 11, 2006 05:43PM
I really hope so, 'cause I've been waiting for this game for a long time

Date: January 11, 2006 06:30PM
when did u first find out about it wazz?

Date: January 11, 2006 07:58PM
almost 2 years now, and it's a long time when you check their website every single day hoping for the beta version or a new alpha...

But I remember last year, at this time of the year, they were talking about releasing the product at the end of 2005. At that time, F1CM was Alpha 3....

That's why I don't believe in 2006, but I really hope that I'm wrong because it will be the best ever F1 management game ever !!! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2006 08:00PM by WaZz.
Date: January 11, 2006 09:40PM
god 2 years, i have been waiting for a year, the only problem i think they will have is getting a lisense
Date: January 11, 2006 09:59PM
I don't think they going to get it... but maybe, if the game is released, we will have someking of mod, changing the brands and everything.

The only way to get the licence is to be published by EA or Sony, I don't remeber who got what

Date: January 12, 2006 12:23AM
Posted by: GLD
Sony hve exclusive rights until 2007 i think

Please click my sig!
Date: January 12, 2006 02:09AM
Posted by: schaller
I mentioned this in another thread once, so I'll mention it here and see what you all think.
I'm sure we have the experience and knowledge of people in this forum that have created the incredible utilities and mods for this game to wrap a Manager program around GP4.
Imagine sponsorships determind by bids and budgets and then using templates, generate the cars.wad with the correct sponsors for that year or race.
Derive some sort of points accumulation system that would be calculated based on testing hr's logged and budget and driver ability, engines, chassis, experince with particular tracks based on history., all the stuff that has been included in previous manager type games.. Input that data through the team editor that would generate a performance file. Thats all moved into GP4 by the editors and boot up GP4 through GPxPatch and run a non-Championship race. Save off the race results that get input back in to the mamager program to be used to determine swaying of sponsors and engine deals ec etc etc etc etc. Its all possible.
The automated points system would be the hard part. all the graphics and text could be generated by whoever wanted to participate.
I wish I wasnt so busy in other areas of my life, because I would love to undertake something like this. The complete formula1 experience.
I've even though of importing tracks into a 3D workd program where you could walk the track or meet with people in the paddock to discuss issues. If you see the the stuff they're doing with games like Brothers in arms or Call of Duty2. There are programs out there that can create a interactive 3D world complete with characters and everything.
Ok, wha... where was I... what was I saying. Sorry, was day dreaming. I do that sometimes. :)

Schaller

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2006 02:13AM by schaller.
Date: January 12, 2006 11:25AM
Posted by: sadler
mansell92 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sadler, you better get used to waiting. That game
> has been in development for years and is a source
> of great frustration to me - I've been drooling
> over it since 2001.
>
> Having said that, the developers have suggested
> that it should see the light of day sometime this
> year. Here's hoping!
>
> In the meantime, I've got GP4 to play with all its
> great mods and utilities!

Yeah ive been looking back and it does seem to have been around for a very long time. It seems to be in the final Alpha phase and is going to be tested shortly in the community so hopefully they can get a publisher and get it released sometime this year. It does look a great game!
Date: January 12, 2006 11:00PM
Posted by: raisinberry777
Whether it gets released in Australia or not is another story
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy