IRL Indycar

Posted by JPM2002 
IRL Indycar
Date: November 08, 2005 11:16AM
Posted by: JPM2002
I'm doing my first carshape, and I have decided to do an IRL Indycar shape. If everything works out okay, and I seem to enjoy the shaping, and if I'm quite good at it, I will consider forming a team to make an IRL Indycar mod 2005.

But first things first. I've never ever done an Zmodeler shape before, so I'm totally new, and I'm trying to learn things from tutorials. It seems for starters you need some blueprints, of really good foto's of the side, front, back, and top of the cars. I've looked for these things, but can't find the things I need. Maybe someone can help me in this? I'll keep you updated if there is any significant progress, or if there is any interest in it...

Greetz
Re: IRL Indycar
Date: November 08, 2005 11:34AM
Posted by: gp3
thats great with the mod, but i cant help...
Date: November 08, 2005 01:01PM
Posted by: GLD
Don't know about pics, but why not ask oggo for some advice? His CART mods are great....

i don't know too much about the differences in body shape other than the wings being different shapes...but might be better to start editing another car rather tahn try and build one from scrathc straight away??? ust a thought....

Please click my sig!
Date: November 08, 2005 01:23PM
I've already modified many cars for personal use. So I do have some little experience in shaping... I've redone Yohan's Toyota for example. And some minor tweaks on other cars... But this is my first one from scratch. Gotta start somewhere.

Greetz
Date: November 08, 2005 04:09PM
Posted by: enzo1981
for pics go to www.motorsport.com and click on photos then IRl and there you are!
good luck
Date: November 09, 2005 10:38PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Good luck with your new carshaping adventure!

An IRL mod needs only two shapes so that shouldn't be too hard I guess ;)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: November 10, 2005 03:19AM
Yeah go for it...of course you may have to learn how to build tracks also!!!

Please click my sig!
Date: November 10, 2005 05:01AM
Posted by: bones1834
I would love an IRL Mod! Please do it!

These guys(ow-racing.com) made these shapes for an IRL Mod for Nascar Racing 2003, by Papyrus. Sadly it was abandoned.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2005 07:02AM by bones1834.
Date: November 10, 2005 06:36AM
Posted by: alexg_f1
wwwwow !!!
Date: November 10, 2005 03:30PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey
Yeah, but NR2003 wasn't a suitable base really, I think I was told that it doesn't model suspension movement properly, which is fine for a tin top as you can't see the suspension, but it sucks for open wheeled cars.

Date: November 10, 2005 07:47PM
Posted by: champ
now that ovals are possible thanks to zeppelin101, would be a good series to create. good luck!
Date: November 10, 2005 09:42PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
champ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now that ovals are possible thanks to zeppelin101,
> would be a good series to create. good luck!

Oh come now, they were easy before hand, just no-one could be arsed ;)

Date: April 06, 2006 02:12PM
SO it's been a while. I've already posted some previews before, here is some more. I've scaled the car a bit more, put on some new wheels (Oggo's CART mod wheels), and did some minor mods on the shape.

Date: April 06, 2006 02:28PM
Posted by: IWE
Nice one :)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 06, 2006 02:40PM
Very nice!!

Check your PM's JPM2002 ;-)

Please click my sig!
Date: April 06, 2006 02:43PM
Posted by: kizz360
cool any chance of some zmod screens as its hard to see the shape when its black ;

Date: April 06, 2006 04:34PM
Posted by: quickslick
looks very good :-)
Date: April 06, 2006 05:02PM
Posted by: enzo1981
Very nice keep up the good work. Are you going to release a template of it? That way a bunch of painters can start work on painting a bunch of irl cars from your awesome carshape!
Date: April 06, 2006 05:17PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
The car looks good so far. As far as I can see from the shots you've posted, the car is a bit high from the ground and maybe a bit low poly. But I'm not that sure of the second, as I can't see it clearly with the car all painted black.
Please post one or two Zmod shot, possibily one with wireframe and one without it!:)
If you need any help or advice, feel free to contact me! :)

Date: April 06, 2006 05:20PM
Posted by: Willb
yuo seem to be driving the wrong way around indionapolis;)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy