Stop Track.Spec.!!!

Posted by Enzojz 
Stop Track.Spec.!!!
Date: November 04, 2005 05:30AM
Posted by: Enzojz
Well , that's what I want to say.

Do you think track.spec is an easy job for the MODders if he want to make the car detailed and accurate? Absolutely NO! We need to change carshapes , make LODS , make textures , make damage models and test the cars too often if we want to make GP spec. and the time between two GPs the this year or the next year will be between 1 week or 2 weeks , suppose how many time I can spend on carshapes in a week . These small changes on the wings doesn't need much time , but , take McLarens as example , there are 5 kinds of sidepod this season , and making each kind is not as easy as changing the vertex postion , we need to merge , remap , twaek , compare!!! The players , I think if you instst asking for this spec. or that spec , I think you are not playing the game , but the MODders ! If the MODders can only spend time on track.spec , suppose do you have enough time on improving carshaping skills? No! We have already been exhausted! I think IntWeb had done a very good job this season , he did a good thing. Why Bojan's Sauber becomes a very popular sauber this season , that's not it's track.spec , but it's high quality! Now it's Nov. and 4 months later , we will change to 2006 season , do player will paly these track.spec too often then ? no , it's not of date! That's why so many good MODders quit the community!In my opinion , only Bojan's Sauber , IntWeb's Williams , my Ferrari and McLaren and Teraur's(?) Jordan and Rom1's Renault is worth be prised , other cars , inclduing my Jordan , are all rubbish . I don't think track.spec. make any sense.

If you don't want to kill the GP4 community , please don't ask for this for these native excuse , we have seen , Wai never make cars for us , Dahie quits , Bojan quits , the Dutches quits , I will also not make cars for the next season , look what had left in the community ?

I think we only need to make 3 or 4 certainly specs , the very beginning GP , the French GP ver , the end season GP ver , or plus , Monza ver. That's all , let the MODder spend more time on make the shapes and textures better , not change this vertex or that logo , if you want , you should let other fans try do so , to let other be new MODders ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2005 05:32AM by Enzojz.
Re: Stop Track.Spec.!!!
Date: November 04, 2005 06:04AM
Posted by: Briere
well said Enzo (Y)
Date: November 04, 2005 06:38AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
@ Enzojz

Your right, couldn't agree more.
The Jordans and Minardis which seem to change livery from race to race can be done by people such as gp4ppx fan and others whom do a great job. Well said, I don't think it is not required unless of course the shaper wants to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2005 06:39AM by Buzz Hornet.
Date: November 04, 2005 07:09AM
Posted by: quickslick
weel said and i totally agree Enzojz
Date: November 04, 2005 12:31PM
Posted by: fongu
Well i only generally make a bout 3/4 versions of cars (if i'm bothered). Generally it is easier to pass on to someone else to do small changes later. Personally, I do run track specific stuff, but its up to the authors what they make. Requesting stuff isnt as bad as it was i have to say, but as i say its up to the authors

Date: November 04, 2005 12:38PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
AGREED!!
Date: November 04, 2005 12:48PM
Posted by: b-tone
its up to the authors in the end, but if you can't be bothered doing it then try to find someone you can trust to make the changes.
some teams have quite big texture changes, but 3 or 4 shapes in a season should be enough.

____
Tony

Date: November 04, 2005 01:02PM
Posted by: _Erix_
I enjoyed making all those FW25's and Jordans in the past. We simply spoilt the gp4 community with all our track spec stuff. Like Tony says: It's up the author. Don't give into people that want every change in their game, just do what you're capable of.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2005 01:03PM by _Erix_.
Date: November 04, 2005 01:18PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Particularly, what bothered me sometime ago, is the sensation that you never made enough. Really, I don't like those time.
Date: November 04, 2005 01:44PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
i agree with enzojz but i want to say that carshape modder start this weekly update, not user ;)
Personally i use every season a tobacco and a no tobacco carset (and in usa a speciat tobacoo-nt carset). When i'm playng the game i have no time to see sidepods and wing ;)
Date: November 04, 2005 02:17PM
Posted by: NuMbBrAiN
It's those hard-core fanatics who want the car to look EXACTLY like the cars racing that weekend. I for one have decided to make all the modifications myself :)

Date: November 04, 2005 02:45PM
Posted by: Laguna
Enjoz, I love track spec cars, but I agree with you.

All that you say is true, so much work is making a car, and too much work are the modifications.As a beginner modeler I think that I would prefer making cars like peugeot 407 or renault laguna for games like Gta or others because you can spend your time in the way that you want like a real hobby , and you don't feel forced to make any modification before any release date, makking all the track spec is to waste too much time,and the first thing is your real life.
Hear this is an idea, first make the first car, and after left rights to other people for making track modifications, but they have always to respect your credits.
This way, less work for you, more people working, And all cars for the comunity, and everybody is happy.It's only an idea.
Enjoz won't you make any car next year??? :_( .Your renault r24 was one of the reasons that made my to know and enjoy more with gp4!!

Regards

GP4-ARGENTINA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2005 03:04PM by Laguna.
Date: November 04, 2005 03:49PM
@b-tone

That's not true , take McLarens for example , there are at least 7 kinds of shapes till the Turkish GP ; during Candian GP and British GP , even Kimi and Montoyta's car are in different congifucation ; for Ferrari , for French to Turkey , 5 GP , 4 carshapes.

If carshapes are careful enough , they will find they need too much time to make these ; if they are not careful enough , you will eventually not make a good track.spec.

@32BOBO32

I had never got the idea of making Track.Spec before , at 2003 , people asked me to make NT textures , I didn't do it . at 2004 , I still do the same , but more and more people asked me for Track.Spec , it seems that if I don't make track.spec , my car are not acceptable , so I made Jordan at last . And this season , I did the track.spec , and I found it really doesn't make any sense!The first auther who made track.spec , as I rememebred , is Dahie , but remember who him is , he is the core member of the CTDP , he is in charge of this (aha , he did all the rest of the track.spec of me-charged cars in the MOD this season , really thanks!)
Look at other track.spec release , I don't think they are worth downloading.Sometimes I don't want to call them track.spec , if there's no lable , said "Track.Spec".

Look that the "insight" col. in www.f1.com , you will know what track.spec means to carshapers and textures.

@Laguna
I'm in 2000 MOD project of my own , so no 2006 cars from me . At least now I think so.

The biggest thing and the most painful thing is that:I spent lots of time on making track.spec , but the next season , all these will be a waste . Old seasons won't be like this , but past seasons will be.Becasue they are not qualified.

My suggestion is , we need three projects:

1.Original
2.Compare
3.Track.Spec.

The authors in Original project will only be charged with the 4 GP.spec I mentioned above

the "Compare" project changes with finding mistakes and bugs and any wrong parts of the cars .

The "Track.Spec" will let some good and expirenced modifiers who is interested in track.spec to make Track.Specs based on Original released , and Original project has the right to get the update source file from Track.Spec project , in order to make French GP , Italian GP and the final GP release from accurate and faster.
Date: November 04, 2005 04:17PM
Posted by: erwin_78
no offence, but aren't you taking this a bit too personal?
"it seems that if I don't make track.spec , my car are not acceptable", are you making shapes for your own pleasure or because people are forcing you to do so?
i hope because you like it yourself, else i feel sorry for you...

ignore those people who asking about release dates and special specs...or take a time out when you feel bothered.

i moved to creating tracks, because hardly anybody was doing so and carshapes are already developed 100%, there isn't anything to explore anymore.
and for my bahrain progress, i don't care when it's finished. i like creating it! :)
Date: November 04, 2005 04:32PM
But in fact , track.spec has made author can't concentrate made the car more accurate .

My opinion is that : if the author can be "saved" out of making track.spec , they will do much better , they will be able to make more cars a season , and keep a higher and more average quality for the season MOD.
Date: November 04, 2005 05:11PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
for me gp4 has the best talented modders around..what i think there needs to be is a basic yearly carset to include the newer car shapes..the track spec liveries / extra car pieces are not needed...if you want an update from race to race thats too much to ask of anyone....when you open up z modler & try to do what these guys do you appreciate the bloody hard work involved here...i for one appreciate all the hard work to produce these new cars...how many games have such talented people working to update them atm???????
Date: November 05, 2005 02:50AM
Posted by: sunil
whatever, if authors are willing to make track specific cars , i am ready to play with them as track specific cars.wad.

still i am playing with fw25's and jordan's from "ERIX" in season 2003 which is my third operating system for only 2003 season ,simil'ly 2004 ferrari's and BMW's from niccol,dahie and intweb respectively jordan's from Enzojz,renault from ERIX ,2005 season and another for old season mods. like that i have 4 operating systems for GP4 only.

i love track specific cars which makes me really impression with the game.here i am not insisting anyone to make track specific cars. i love it if anyone makes it.

but if this really makes author headache to make many cars. i would agree with Enzojz. if not no way.that's my opinion. take no offence.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: November 05, 2005 03:11AM
Posted by: Briere
imho, the thing to do is NT and tobacco, with no change on the shapes. BUT ! If some majot changes occur (like the FW26), then it's good to make them, or ask someone else to do that :)
Date: November 05, 2005 04:55AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
I don't look for minor changes in a car during the season. But if something is obviously a major re-work on a car it's nice to see it in the sim. But hey,you can't see the bodywork when in the cockpit anyway, so I don't usually worry about it.

But on the other hand, we have the Toyota which was ignored all season, and only now is a revised version of it getting made. That's the other end of the spectrum ...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: November 05, 2005 06:06AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Honestly, I think it should be up to the authors. I think that an early seasion version of the car - regular and NT if it's the case - and a late season in the same style should be more than enough to make people happy. I refer several times back to the 2003 cars, and I'll do it again. In so many of the models we only had 2 versions of it and it was still all incredible.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy