Stop Track.Spec.!!!

Posted by Enzojz 
Re: Stop Track.Spec.!!!
Date: November 05, 2005 07:32AM
Posted by: darcy
I'm with everyone who says it's up to the authors,
Some people may have heaps and heaps of time on their hands and may wish to make lots of track.spec cars, maybe one for every race, others may only have time for 1 or 2 versions per year, that's still awesome, but you cant 'tell' people to not make too many track.spec cars, people may want to, let them do what they want. Anyone who cant make track.spec cars can say so if someone requests one.
And anyone who says they wont make cars next year because too many people are requesting track.spec cars, they are just looking for excuses, you cant blame someone else for a decision of their own Enzojz. They can say No if they wont, we can all do that.
Date: November 05, 2005 05:54PM
Posted by: NuMbBrAiN
I agree darcy. Pressure shouldn't get to a MODder. If he wants to make an update, then fine , else, bas luck for everyone else.

An interesting complication will be the need for permission. If the author of a car does not want to make the update for a particular weekend then he should be willing to give permission to someone else who has made a worthy update. Credits to the author must be given though.

Date: November 07, 2005 08:29AM
Posted by: eighth
I agree with what enzojz said and i understand the infinity effort, but i also like having each car as in the real life was in each gp. I think that track spec is only possible if we all work togethr and get organization (we all are enough people). Why not? That will be marvellous.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

eighth ยทยท Juandi Sanchez
Date: November 07, 2005 01:40PM
Posted by: Laguna
Date: November 07, 2005 03:04PM
Posted by: Dahie
Actually I didn't read it all, just the first comments.

I think track-specs are worth a look as long as a) they really show a difference to the common car and b) if they aren't too hard to create.

For example Redbull this year:

They did change their livery on a few occasions (taking out Monaco). But all changes were mostly texture-related. So the trackversions are no prob, as only the textures must be swapped basically. Monaco was a hard one, but this trackspec is actually necessary I think to actually simulate the season. Most others are just cosmetic.

Other changes are more hard to accomplish. Sauber was quite a pain in the ass. The texture is ok, but the shape was changed alot. At least 5 frontwings, and 2-3 changes to the sidepods. This one is quite hard comparable and I can fully understand Bojan to not take make every single GP-livery.

For me it doesn't matter if a car has track-specs or not. They add to the realism and are a nice bonus, but nothing you depend on. If the car's quality is better, I'd always choose it over the version with all track-specs.

One last remark, Enzo, I wasn't the first to create track-specific cars. I did some version for my 2003-cars but I know for sure there where some authors over at gp4.gamers.nl who where working on them. And before that there were already trackspecific carsets for GP3 and even GP2.
Trackspecific version date back quite alot and it doesn't make sense to just say "Don't prepare them!"

Make them if as a bonus, but not as a must have.
And if you don't it doesn't matter ...

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: November 07, 2005 03:56PM
Posted by: sunil
i agree with dahie

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: November 10, 2005 02:51PM
Posted by: mimo
you are Right Enzo, track spec. cars is unnecessary, a generic version is sufficiently!

---------------------------------------------------

Date: November 10, 2005 07:01PM
Posted by: Laguna
mimo Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you are Right Enzo, track spec. cars is
> unnecessary, a generic version is sufficiently!
>
>
False, It is necesary for having a realistic season. The best way is organising the people how we said before.

GP4-ARGENTINA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2005 07:41PM by Laguna.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy