>
> . . . . . . . . . . . .
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

You need to select plain, **AND de-select wireframe** if you want to see only the solid plain track..

These are the ways of looking at the physics:

1. only plain (this is what you want, right)?

2. plain + wireframe:

3. only wireframe:

Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: October 06, 2007 03:00AM
Posted by: slicer
yes, i went straight to Display-> Physics Options and turned Plain on and Wireframe off. If your talking about doing those things in the Graphics list, i'll tell you that Graphics Options isn't selectable. Only the options in Physics Options are selectable.
Date: October 06, 2007 03:50AM
Posted by: paranoik0
The graphics options aren't selectable because you don't have a .gp4 file..

I'm not exactly sure what are you trying to do? To do a track from scratch, the usual way is to build the physics first (.dat), then worry about the graphics (.gp4). It's much harder any other way.

And when you're working with the physics, there's only 3 ways to view the track, like in the pictures I posted above. Are you not getting those views of the track, or are you trying to get a different kind of view?
Date: October 07, 2007 08:59PM
Posted by: slicer
i'm building the .dat file. so you mean to say that in that mode, i can only view it in wireframe?
Date: October 08, 2007 02:50AM
You can only see the .dat file in the 3 different ways as in the pictures i've posted (click on them to see the full pictures).
Date: October 08, 2007 10:01AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i'm having some problems with disappearing objects for a few tracks

here are some pics.

Fuji (allianz ad)

Spa (ing)

any help would be greatly appreciated!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 08, 2007 08:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
looks like clipping distances values....
or object has more than one part & don't want or need to be in same scene..
Date: October 10, 2007 10:10PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Some people know i'm creating the old long version of Interlagos, due the limits of 1500 sectors with GP4 Builder the track can't be accurate. So i decided that the gp4 version will approximately have 1300 track sectors (6340 metres) and approximately 200 pitlane sectors.

This is the layout i have build, i scaled it too much so it's too short, but i will convert the dat file to a gp4 file and scale it right to get the correct length and making a new dat file again.

Before that i need some opinions about the layout itself, is it accurate enough?

Cheers

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 10, 2007 10:40PM
Posted by: peekay
nice work there ruben :)

comparing the track you created with the map that was posted i'd say the layout looks pretty darn accurate! really good job imo

keep it up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 10:41PM by peekay.
Date: October 10, 2007 10:44PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Very nice job Ruben! I think turn 3 is a bit too wide but otherwise impressive.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: October 11, 2007 02:19PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looks excellent!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 11, 2007 05:31PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Erik, you mean Curva 3, the one after the very long straight? Maybe it looks a bit too wide due the viewing angle. ;)

EDIT: At the moment the Interlagos track has 1030 sectors, but it must have 1499 sectors (it seems that the limit of 1500 tracksectors doesn't include the pitlane sectors, duh), so i must rescale it with a factor of 1,45, if i rescale the google map picture in gp4 builder must the value be 1.045?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2007 09:47PM by Turbo Lover.
Date: October 16, 2007 05:58PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there

Maybe some of you guys may help me.

I can´t map textures correctly.

I mean, once I have a 3ds or CAD object on 3dsmax, that´s what I do:

UVW map > BOX > then map the texture I want

But it is displayed blurred, as you can see on simulation I made and show here (sorry, I´m not at home, but if you see Vallelunga Hills you will understand...)

I´d like to display a texture on a single face with basic values as (0,0), (0,1), (1,0), (1,1)...

Otherwise I have to do this with 3dbuilder and it takes a lot of time :)

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Date: October 16, 2007 07:34PM
Posted by: Lo2k
As far as I know, there's no trick to create such mapping with MAX.
GP4Builders does it via fence builder but of course, if you created your stripe with MAX, it can't change mapping.

Date: October 16, 2007 07:58PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Hey guys, I want an information.

At original Interlagos track, we have the track banks welded in the last sector. If you pass straigtht at some curbs, you can cut by the grass and return to the track forward. If you look at the model, you se that are two banks that the borders encounters, without walls. How we can do this?
Date: October 16, 2007 08:50PM
Gildoorf,
have you tried face map? Box is only useful for box shaped objects. You can also try Unwrap UVW, looks a lot like the UVMapper of ZModeler, it gives you complete mapping control.

Date: October 16, 2007 11:49PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Yep, face mapping will do exactly that.

You could do it manually in UVW Unwrap, but unless you have verts that shouldn't be there or the face is an irregular shape (which it doesn't seem to be) then Face mapping will do it just fine.
Date: October 19, 2007 02:36AM
I'm still stuck in making land for my track, i've been using GP4Builder to do it, but it takes a lot of time to connect every face one by one, and I messed up the mapping of my objects beyond recognition, therefore I need to remake it all over again. So I tried to use this program called Blender which is an open-source alternative to 3dsMax. It has a very confusing interface, but after a couple of hours I finally found a nice, fast process for creating land. Great!

Problem is, after I export my land object to .3ds, I can't import it into GP4Builder, it gives me an error. "Violation d'acess à l'ádress (...)". It seems like ZModeler (i have an old version) can't handle it well neither, it opens the file but then I can't find my object. So probably the problem is on Blender exporting it wrong to .3ds. Anyway, here is the file:

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: October 19, 2007 10:45AM
When I open your file in 3dsMax it says "improper file format". The .3ds export of Blender isn't working well.

I took the liberty of re-exporting it with 3dsmax. here it is:
[members.upc.nl]

Date: October 19, 2007 01:31PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi there

Sorry for late feedback, but my tries were delayed a bit...

Yesterday I´ve got it. Yes, mapping with faces is the answer (how dumb I am) So thanks a lot my friends

1. But just one more question... If I want to rotate the texture on faces, what do I have to do... Sometimes textures on faces are rotated 90º... And dunno why..

2. How do I uniform normals in 3dsmax? I know there´s a gorgeous tool in 3dbuilder, but I´d really like to know how to make that in 3dsmax too...

Cheers you all

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy