The Car Removal Tweak

Re: The Car Removal Tweak
Date: September 06, 2005 12:04AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
yep stuck in here cause gp4 just rocks and now you are back i will be stuck forever héhé, thx for the reloaded thingy mate and looking forward for new updates in the feature if possible !!!
Date: September 06, 2005 12:41AM
hé madman you forgot one thing: carenabler/disabler !!!!

Date: September 06, 2005 01:35AM
Posted by: _tux_
ive mirrored it at the gp4 tweaker website.

[gp4tweaker.vadertrophy.com]
Date: September 06, 2005 01:35AM
> hé madman you forgot one thing:
> carenabler/disabler !!!!

beggers cant be choosers ;-)
Date: September 06, 2005 01:43AM
not begging cause that tweak is already available but not in the reloaded !!!
Date: September 06, 2005 01:51AM
but your begging to have it included? madmans a very busy person, just be happy he said hello ;-)
Date: September 06, 2005 02:06AM
well this new update is a pain in da ass, cause it doesn't store anything in the bin anymore and everything in the ini's but some adjustments weren't save in the ini's and become again default. this reloaded thing is like a step backwards hmmmmmmmmm
Date: September 06, 2005 05:46AM
Posted by: b-tone
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well this new update is a pain in da ass, cause it
> doesn't store anything in the bin anymore and
> everything in the ini's

hallelulilijah!!!
best news in ages - well after the news of madmans return. and the news of a tweaker update :) :)
big thanks :)

____
Tony

Date: September 06, 2005 06:33AM
well Tony i am not keen on the update like i posted before, still trying to figure it all out, i still find it a step backwards!
Date: September 06, 2005 07:19AM
Posted by: Paco
well, i haven't used Tweaker for a long time, but from what i'm seeing in this tweaker reloaded, i have to agree with Tony, it's a great thing that everything is stored in the ini files.

btw, isn't numcars.ini related to this car enabler/disabler Bigbrother is talking about??

edit//

i'd say it's possible to remove cars ;)

I'm against sigpics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2005 07:45AM by Paco.
Date: September 06, 2005 07:51AM
Yeah its that, overlooked at that, time to go sleeping i guess, but i still like the bin storage better héhé :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2005 07:57AM by Bigbrother.
Date: September 06, 2005 08:10AM
noway - bins are evil - thats one thing thats been holding back the 2005 mod - although ZaZ said inis were possible earlier - but now its gotta be easier :)

____
Tony

Date: September 06, 2005 08:17AM
so the new update available tomorrow already tony ???? :-)

>>> now going to bed héhé <<<
Date: September 06, 2005 10:37AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Yay! That's great! Thank you very much Madman, you're da man! :)

Date: September 06, 2005 12:00PM
Paco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well, i haven't used Tweaker for a long time, but
> from what i'm seeing in this tweaker reloaded, i
> have to agree with Tony, it's a great thing that
> everything is stored in the ini files.
>
> btw, isn't numcars.ini related to this car
> enabler/disabler Bigbrother is talking about??
>
> edit//
>
> i'd say it's possible to remove cars

ohnoes! you re-created usa gp ;)
Date: September 06, 2005 12:22PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
great news! WELCOME BACK GOD!
Date: September 06, 2005 04:18PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Fantastic update crazy man! That's one hell of a return, thank you.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: September 06, 2005 08:13PM
Posted by: Madman271
Here some useful missing information about something new/changes since the last update 4.

1) Slipstream Effect
This tweak is quite stable now and no more changes will be made in the future. The only difference from the previous updates is about code optimization. Slipstream code now about 90% written in assembly. This revision not always noticeable with fast processors (e.g. 1 GHz clock and above) but helps reducing PO for players with old processor, such as Pentium III 500 MHz.

2) Force-Feedback Controller Effects
Two tweak settings are no longer availables in gp4tweak.ini file. They are FFEngineVib and FFTrackEdgeBump switcher. both these switchers now moved to ffeffects.ini file as individual effect settings. You can toggle both these effects ON and OFF from there. In addition, each effect's strength can now adjustable.

3) Car Removal
There are no additional modification to the tweak. It still working only in race mode. Car removal in qualifying sessions is the next goal without having clash with Qualifying Rule's tweak and GPxPatch, but the availability is unknown. There is also a small "bug" in the Realoaded release which CarsEnabler switcher does not defined in gp4tweak.ini file. If you wish to enable this tweak, be sure to add this line at gp4tweak.ini file, under tweak switcher definition:

CarsEnabler = 1

In addition, the CarReindex switcher no longer available for car removal tweak. This is necessary to prevent cheating in the situation where the player car(s) always reordered first in the starting grid followed by computer cars (a similar scenario such when we play in LAN mode).

4) Newest Tweaks Removal
There is a mistake that some newest tweak switchers not yet removed in gp4tweak.ini file. It is advisable to always switching these tweaks to their disable states (assign to zero values) or by removing their definition from gp4tweak.ini file. They are:

MeshSteering
MeshFrontWheel
MeshRearWheel
MeshHelmet
MeshCockpit
TyreWear
MeshProtect
TextureProtect

No further information availables for tweaks listed above. Most of these tweaks require additional files/settings and will revert back to disabled states if their expected files/settings are missing. Attempting to enable these tweaks may produce unpredictable results, causing GP4 Tweaker runs unstable, or the worst is hung the entire system.

5) No Bin File?
The BinFile (a.k.a gp4tweak.bin file, oops this not related with Trash Bin!) is tweak setting repository file used by GP4 Tweaker shell launcher (gp4tweak.exe). Imagine the BinFile is much like all settings defined in INIs file packed together and stored as binary data (that's why it called BIN). GP4 Tweaker core (gp4tweak.dll) support both BinFile and INIs files to load related tweak settings. BinFile mainly designed for individual users because they no need to work with INIs files. Just run the launcher (gp4tweak.exe) click here and there, applies changes then done. No additional skills for clicking the mouse buttons. In contrast, INIs files mainly designed for GP4 modders. While the BinFile is user dependant, INIs files effective to be shared and exchanged across system.

The Reloaded (and most betas/test updates) distribution does not includes the BinFile. Why? Because BinFile is not suitable for testing environment where you need lots of changes and modification to the settings to simulate different situation. The individual INI file also most effective to be exchanged among beta testers to share small pieces of data without having to import all settings. Settings in INIs files will also temporarily overrides settings stored in BinFile. Once the settings from INIs files no longger needed, simply delete the INIs files or disable the tweak states in gp4tweak.ini file then the original settings stored in BinFile (if they're exists) will take place.

Enjoy with the Realoaded.
ps: How's going with Laurent Rousseau and his wondeful projects?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: September 06, 2005 09:17PM
great work madman :)

are you back back working with gp4 again, or is this just fixing up some loose ends?

____
Tony

Date: September 06, 2005 10:13PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Thank you for the useful info, Madman!!! :)
I was just wondering the same thing Tony asked you. Are you back as before working on Gp4 or just releasing some fixes for old tweaks? I hope the first one :)
And... ini files rulez ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy