Valencia 2003 - Progressing again

Posted by zeppelin101 
Re: Valencia 2003
Date: August 24, 2005 08:58PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Thanks Laguna, I think I might redo the physics though. I put some elevation changes in (not following the original track), but I'm not happy with them, so I may do them again to make them a bit more drastic and interesting
Date: August 24, 2005 09:16PM
Posted by: Floris_Koop_GP4Freak
Can't you make the height differences just a bit like the original track? I think people wait a bit more for that then again a fantasy track.. But.. do what you wanna do, just giving my opinion.. :) I just hope 1 thing, you will succesfully complete this track and others may follow :) good luck

Date: August 24, 2005 09:31PM
Well as I said earlier in the thread, elevation data is a pain in the ass to get hold of, I'll have a good look around, but most things are scarce regarding Valencia now unfortunately. All the same, any elevation is better than a flat and boring track in my opinion :p

EDIT: The track is pretty flat anyway apparently due to the lie of the local land which is a shame, but perhaps it can be made more interesting in this version :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2005 09:36PM by zeppelin101.
Date: August 24, 2005 09:37PM
Posted by: Laguna
that is quite interesting. One question, did you do the original track? does it works?, I'm thinking that if the original layout, someone could do the ambient, tribunes etc. And after you would can release two versions of the track, the original,(for training like the teams do) and your perfomance track, for running grand prix. It's only an idea. what do you think?
Date: August 24, 2005 09:48PM
It is the original track, and it does work in game yes. I suppose I could do two different versions. It will take time however to do the second version. However, if you fancy having a go at track editing Laguna, I can help you out and we can both do the tracks :p
Date: August 24, 2005 10:18PM
Posted by: Laguna
:) I'm interesting, yes. Now I`m bussy with the exams, but the 15th of september I'll be free for working in track editting. In december of 2004 I rode the guide of 3D editor, so I have a basic knowlege about how the program works, so after the exams I'll read the maverick guide and I'll be ready for work with you.
This summer I was learning about how to model with Zmodeler, and I have been working a car. I think that making buildings is easier than a car.
Thanks a lot for offering your help.
what do you thing? shall we work together??
P.D: Do you understand my english? I'm Spanish and I don't use to practise too much :P
see you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2005 10:21PM by Laguna.
Date: August 24, 2005 10:30PM
You speak superb English considering you don't practice much. Your help would be much appreciated, especially if I then have two people working on the buildings, it will then be done twice as quick :D. I was going to write my own tutorial, but I think Maverick's is as good as it gets although I am mostly self taught, I still use his guide for reference to certain things on occassion. I look forward to September.
Date: August 24, 2005 11:33PM
Posted by: ralphi
i'm just wondering.. how do you know how high te track is and so on.. i mean how do you know where it goes up and down?! :o

anyway... so far it looks great.. i can't wait to try it out..

Date: August 24, 2005 11:43PM
That's what the elevation data is for. Anyhow, at the moment I'm stuck with what I created myself, but now it has kerbs :) However, looking at some pictures, I think my track may be good actually regarding heights. I've just redone the pitlane to shorter version, so now I have to texture the kerbs in those crazy red/yellow things, which will be the first texture I've ever made. I'll post some shots of the track in game when I've got the main textures sorted for the track and banks :D
Date: August 24, 2005 11:45PM
Posted by: ralphi
oo.. i thought you used like pic's and stuff and then guessed your way around the height... well anyways your doing a great job keep it up..

Date: August 25, 2005 12:19AM
Posted by: intweb
@ Zeppelin101, sounds excellent! Hopefully I'll have the new Hi-Res FW27 finished to debut at the track ;) ................
Date: August 25, 2005 10:16AM
Sweet, I ran a quick test in game with my new kerbs (which need rebuilding) and everything went smoothly. All I have to do next is build the new .col with the run-off areas, tune the graphics to match, build the .cfp (which I'll probably do last) and build a pitverge.bin.

Not much then lol
Date: August 26, 2005 01:45AM
Posted by: SchumiBoy2
looking forward to it!
Date: August 26, 2005 01:57PM
Some good news, CC-line is pretty much done. With increased grip on my machine, they go around in the mid 1:08's which is about the sort of times I'm doing. WARNING - cc-line is not particularly keyboard friendly. If people who use a keyboard wish to make a new line for the track, post here and I'll send the .dat so you can rustle up something for an eventual public release
Date: August 26, 2005 03:16PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I'd be glad to help you, beacuase I'm keyboard driver and it's always a tricky thing with cc-line and keyboard.
I have already rebuild the shanghai cc-line for personal use and I thinks it's much better now when using keyboard (just to show that I have some experience in this).
Well, if you want I could have a try at it.

Date: August 26, 2005 03:20PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I like keyboard too :) Sounds really exciting zeppelin101 can't wait to try it out :)
Date: August 26, 2005 03:26PM
Posted by: F1Master
Zeppelin101 I have found some onboard videos of Valencia through the eys of MotoGP bike. May not be F1 but I think they go around the exact same circuit so try this.

It does the full lap so just follow the link - hope it helps you with the elevation changes.

:-)

[www2.motogp.com]

As you can see with the video, its quite a flat track anyway but there are a few heavy cambers on some corners that look quite nice.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2005 03:29PM by F1Master.
Date: August 26, 2005 04:02PM
That is a very flat track. Perhaps the height variations I put on it are about right :p. There's only small banks on it, maybe 7 or 8% banking on some of the corners. And I'll need to play with the .col some more with the run off areas being gravels rather than tarmac as I first thought.

@Ruboy: I'll fiddle some more with some of the other track files, then I'll send it you, so if you pm me with your address, I'll send the .dat in about a week :)
Date: August 26, 2005 04:16PM
Posted by: Ruboy
@zeppelin:
Ok, mate:) Take your time - if you first have to change any hights and gradients or wideness of track then do this first. You can find my e-mail address in my profile.

Cheers,
Ruboy

Date: August 26, 2005 04:37PM
Well only a few corners are banked in any way and only at a couple of degrees, although it is quite hard to tell on the video as they lean into the corners, but I think I've got most of the corners about right, mainly turn 2, turn 5, turn 9 (the tightening corner) and turn 13 and 14. 13 and 14 are odd ones, because 13 has the about 2 degs bank and 14 banks a little more on the way in, so I think I've made a pretty good representation. When I find out how to make a video of it, I'll upload it somewhere so you can see what you think.

EDIT: As a side project, I'm also looking for wallpapers of Valencia when F1 have been there testing so I can make a Loading Screen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2005 04:58PM by zeppelin101.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy