2005 set - "Can+USA+Fra+GB Update" *released*

Posted by b-tone 
Hi,

I have installed this mod correctly (I think!?), but I've noticed that the race distances are wrong. For example, Melbourne is set to 80 laps instead of 58. Other tracks are like this.

Does anyone know how I can change the number of laps for each track with a 100% race distance? Do I look in the .DAT files?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

-------
Scott
-------

**One other point. I take it that the track specific carsets only work when a certain track is loaded by CSM. I loaded Indianapolis, then tried Melbourne in game, and got all the NT liveries from Indy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2005 11:19PM by scottedogg.
Re: 2005 set - "Can+USA+Fra+GB Update" *released*
Date: July 16, 2005 03:57AM
Posted by: Joeku
Tony , is there anyway to change the phsyics files, i changed it in gpx poatch but in silverstone as soon as i turn into the 1st corner my backend jsut goes and i spin.

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 16, 2005 06:42AM
Posted by: b-tone
@Andy - no idea why you have no sound or loading screens. are you sure you have csm build41 and all the 2005 updates?
check Data\LoadingScreens and Data\LoadingScreens for the files and check 2005.csm file (in notepad) for these lines:
Loadingscreens =
Music =

@scott - i'll check it but all gp4tweaker sort of things should be working but are on the list for the next update

@joeku - replace the file Data\Patch\Viz_New_Physics_2004_v3.g3p with any other .g3p files.
or edit that one with the physics editor.

____
Tony

I'm getting some odd visor effects. Trackside cameras at Silverstone now show as if you are looking through the helmet visor, but are o.k. at other tracks. This was a problem with one of the last couple of updates, I think Nurburgring maybe?

Helmet visors when in cockpit view at Silverstone are messed up. On the Red Bull for instance you can faintly see "Jaguar" behind the "Gives You Wings" text on the visor, and all the others with the exception of the Ferrari drivers show the same kind of faintly visible default text behind the current visors. This problem diminishes or disappears at other tracks. For instance it was almost invisble behind the current visor text at Hockenhiem, and all was well at Montreal with no in cockpit visor problems at all.

I accidently loaded the full season when I updated, and got the game default drivers names listed next to the 2005 drivers pictures. When I select an individual track in CSM I get the current names though.

Any ideas on the visor problem? Any setting I can change on my end to fix the problem?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 16, 2005 11:38AM
Posted by: jonny
is it just me, but for a long time the team art of juan and kimi are the wrong way round?

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: July 16, 2005 12:05PM
Posted by: mickg
I give up... I have been trying for hours to get the ITV 2005 SOUNDSET by COZMICOZ to work with Tony's CSM 2005 but nogo. I'm betting it is a really simple solution but I just can't seem to get it and the more I try the further bogged down I get....sooo can some kind soul show me the way...please

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

AYRTON SENNA: F1's Undying Legend.
b-tone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @Andy - no idea why you have no sound or loading
> screens. are you sure you have csm build41 and all
> the 2005 updates?
> check Data\LoadingScreens and Data\LoadingScreens
> for the files and check 2005.csm file (in notepad)
> for these lines:
> Loadingscreens =
> Music =
>

Hey Tony, Checked it and i have latest version, build41. I went into the Loading Screen files and found all the original loading screens but no new ones :/ Also, when in the 2005.csm file i got this:

trackname%.ini,Helmets\%helmmaker%\Default.ini,Helmets\%helmmaker%\%trackname%.ini
Loadingscreens =
Menu =
Music =
Patch =
Pitbox =
Rims =Rims\%rimtype%
Sounds =Sounds\%sounds%
StWheels =
TeamArt =Teamart,Teamart\Default.ini,Teamart\%

As you can see nothing is there for loading or music. What should be there? Or should i re-install everything?

Thanks,

Andy
Date: July 16, 2005 12:28PM
Posted by: b-tone
look in the set's loading screen folder:
"C:\Program Files\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2005\Data\LoadingScreens"

and thecsm should be like that, so no problems there

@mick - i think i went over it once, but dont remember now. i think its just a case of putting the files in the set into Data\GpxPatch\snd

____
Tony

Date: July 16, 2005 12:30PM
dont you put in data/gpxpatch/snd and disalbe 3d sounds in GPXPatch. thats what i did.

Date: July 16, 2005 01:11PM
Thanks for the info guys. For some reason I didn't have a snd folder in Data\GpxPatch so i added it with the wanted sounds from ITV 2005 SOUNDSET but still nojoy. Any other ideas appreciated.

P4 3.2ghz/800mhzFSB; XFX 7800GS; 2Gig PC3200(400mhz) DDR; Seagate SATA 10krpm HD x2 ;SB AudigyLS .

Date: July 17, 2005 10:52AM
Posted by: darrenj
sorry I have a problem

what did I do wrong?

THen gpxpatch comes up I click start then a crash log...

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2005 10:53AM by darrenj.
Darren i think you installed a fantasy team in the space that is made for it. I put arrows there and got the same error but if you press ok it continue and ingame everythings fine!
Date: July 17, 2005 09:45PM
Posted by: darrenj
I pressed OK and the game started then crash log..

my 1988 mod
1979 mod works
and 1986 mod also

even my 2005 cars wad works

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.
Date: July 17, 2005 10:21PM
Well the sound (commentary) problem miracusly fixed itself! Now I'm having problems with all the cars having white(no) tread. i have tried most things I know to try to fix and the best I can do is have the sidewalls on the tryes appear ok but then where the tread is supposed to be is just white...any ideas?

Date: July 18, 2005 01:35AM
Posted by: simcut
Man Tony, this mod ROCKS my socks! runs like a dream!

Please can you guys tell me how to bring up proper presentation....

How do I get rid of the pit stop menu info that appears in bottom right corner of the screen. Also, please can you tell me how I can switch the visor on/off as well as heat haze, video walls etc, as it will not allow me to.

I have noticed a bug with the Williams on the grid display screen the Williams car images are messed up.

This is such a fantastic patch mate, it has brought the game back to life for me, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Please help me with my above queries :)

=====================================
hmmmmmmm.....Scarlett Johansson......

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2005 03:56AM by simcut.
Date: July 18, 2005 01:43AM
Posted by: simcut
^^^^ see above

=====================================
hmmmmmmm.....Scarlett Johansson......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2005 03:54AM by simcut.
Date: July 18, 2005 06:38PM
i found build 42 when i loaded CSM :):):)

Date: July 18, 2005 07:46PM
Posted by: Schumi O1
Hi folks, just installed tony's mod, and may i say i am blooy impressed with it!! the problem i have is i cannot enable mirrors, i could do it with the old csm version by going into the graphics file but i cannot do it know.
Any advice would be gratefully recieved
Cheers in advance
recalibrate your graphic settings ingame and mirrors should be enabled after that!
Date: July 18, 2005 09:10PM
Posted by: Schumi O1
Thanks for the swift reply, i have it working now
Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy