everyone I used to know is either dead or in prison

Posted by Bruno 
Bruni very well said. I feel very much the same as you, regarding the EA Series it just does have the appeal to me and I have felt disapointed after purchasing them. It is not the wonderful additions, and the great support that this series got with it been mod friendly but to me the core of the problem was the physics, the way the car drove just never felt right from my point of view. Take away all the graphics and moadability the most important thing can you drive the car and does it feel real.

RFactor for me, whilest it looks awesome graphically I also feel it will be to similiar to the EA Series, I hope I am wrong but I won't hold my breath.

With the awesome work that Lo2K has done with Track Editing I feel it will bring a breath of fresh air and revive GP4. The game is still the closest thing to F1 Racing and I still enjoy my fortnightly races with my mate starting right back to the original F1GP by Mr Crammond. The game still amazes today, and we are still fortunate to have some excellent people right through from the people making editors to the car and helmet shapers and painters.

Yes I am hard core GP4 fan, and it will be a very sad day when GP4 is dead, although I hope it will be another F1 game by Crammond that is the successor. When does the FIA / FOM review it's exclusive arrnagment with Sony, hopefully it will expire soon? GP4 proves an awesome platform to the 2005 season, all we are missing is the tracks and Lo2K has been working overtime at adressing this short fall.

Long live GP4 until one day I pray and hope Mr Crammond makes GP5.
sony's license is up to 2007 if i'm not mistaken

I'm against sigpics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2005 04:31AM by Paco.
Too long...........
nice to see you Bruno :)

gp4 will never die - just like pole position is still available out there. somewhere.
theres a few forum members who seem to have made it their lifes mission to kill gp4, or atleast hurry the death along. to be replaced by rFactor. i think once rfactor does come it might get those people away and leave some space for some newbies.

as for gp4 being hard to mod, thats not true anymore. 95% is moddable - it just needs time and patience - although Maverick has got us all buiding tracks in 60 minutes ;-)

and remember all games use 3d shapes which are easily converted, and maybe soon tracks will be convertable, so rfactor may even give some new life to gp4 :)

____
Tony

Well , thank you for guy tell me what rFactor is , I had never of it before but had never look for the details of it.

@Bruno
I'll write a better GP4Form later.
I have the same feeling , while F1C is just a game , I even can't understand how the car can action like that . but oberviously , the game , GP4 ,is weak in MOD and internet play...but as we can see , the game in open in runtime addations , the GPxPatch and GP4Tweaker proves everything , that's what other games can not do , so I think the game will live long if the MOD problems can be solved.
We need a good MOD importer like GP4Editor ... I don't know much about CSM but it seems not user friendly as GP3Editor.

If the GP4 can not solve the MOD problems , it will dead like F1RC .

5DRims is nothing like the v5.0 of the 3DRims released in 2003 ,3DRims + 2DBlur , a new shape built by me . File reuploaded .
gp4 wont die...
i still visit this forum everyday...
i dont mod much but just reading all the posts gives me a knowledge of the game which i can sometimes use to help people...

just the other day paul wanted me to do some alpha channels for him.. i had never done it before.. i but managed to do it and he was happy with the result.. its all the little things poeple pick up that wil keep it alive

GPGSL WDC Season 4
We need a good MOD importer like GP4Editor ... I don't know much about CSM but it seems not user friendly as GP3Editor.

CSM is more complicated than GP3Edit because gp4 is more complicated. But csm is super powerful and can do a lot of tricks :p
for the 2005 mod i plan a fairly in depth tutorial for it soon, so you may learn some more about csm stuff then

____
Tony

Re: everyone I used to know is either dead or in prison
Date: June 30, 2005 09:04AM
Posted by: LS.
Enzojz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well , thank you for guy tell me what rFactor is ,
> I had never of it before but had never look for
> the details of it.
>

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
If were not going to be given Grand Prix 5, i feel Sony could at least release a F1 game on Pc...

www.footballsfinestgfx.co.uk
Date: June 30, 2005 10:05AM
Posted by: LS.
i watched a video of the F12005 on PS2 and it was of a mclaren at Istanbul circuit

It was laughable, the guy kept running wide and the grass and gravel had as much grip as the tarmac

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
> graphical point of view although it doesn't
> support modern gfx cards opportunities, not even
> anti-aliasing. It will never look as good as the

look into your f1graphics.cfg:

4; [RELEASE] Number of multisamples if available (0-16 :: 0 => off, 1 unused)

> PS: I still don't know what "5D-Rims" are. I have
> given up and just don't wanna know anymore after I
> downloaded a corrupt package of them with a readme
> file that lists everything the author has made in
> recent years but not one word of file description.

yeah, enzojz is one cryptic person. :) but he does nice stuff, if you install those "5d rims", you'll see their cool. as for what they are, he wrote it in a thread - it's 3d rims (not blur-able :) with 2d blur effect applied on top of the rims.

oh and to the debate about gp4 dying... well *every* game is dying, starting from the release, more or less. i'm dying since birth too, so what's the point... ;-) there'll be sooner or later some game that will surpass it and we'll all happily play it (i hope it might be rfactor but i don't trust isi, nor the hype around it). till then i have the recently released 1979, 1991 and 2004 mods to play and i'm happy with them! :)
Mini Maestro Wrote:

> the game will rock and will embedd a few more
> nails in the gp4 coffin.

i guess i'll be afraid to install rfactor when it comes out then. if it's all that great, it just might seduce my wife, eat my breakfast and smoke my cigs away. *shudders*

take it easy and play/mod what you like. ;-)
b-tone Wrote:
> We need a good MOD importer like GP4Editor ... I
> don't know much about CSM but it seems not user
> friendly as GP3Editor.
>
> CSM is more complicated than GP3Edit because gp4
> is more complicated. But csm is super powerful and
> can do a lot of tricks :p
> for the 2005 mod i plan a fairly in depth tutorial
> for it soon, so you may learn some more about csm
> stuff then
>
> ____
> Tony
>
>

Well , if the CSM can function single project like a single car import/export , it will be cool , but so far it's interface doesn't looks so friendly and I don't even know how to use it.
Bruno Wrote:
> anti-aliasing. It will never look as good as the
> massively repainted screenshots which are posted
> in the other threat, but using hi-res textures
> keeps it in one league with much newer games in my
> opinion.

The coolest shots in the screenshot thread are definitely by Lee, who, as far as I know, only adds a heat-haze here and there or some odd lens flare. GP4 does look that cool, especially if you have the PC to handle it. Just install a 2004 mod (gp4italia or gp4gamer.nl) and the hires tracks from Dragon Racing and I promise it will look as cool. No need for photoshop. ;-)

Compared to new sims, GP4 looks still great and the car models we're seeing from Enzojz/CTDP and others are far above the level of *anything* on the market right now, the closest match being the low-poly GT4 ones or GTR's shiny f1c-like cars...
Enzojz Wrote:

> Well , if the CSM can function single project like
> a single car import/export , it will be cool , but
> so far it's interface doesn't looks so friendly
> and I don't even know how to use it.

hmm, it can do anything so surely can do what you want ;-)
for single cars, if you're working on them and testing in game then the best thing would be a test set. then with the right .ini's you would put the new files into a certain folder, then run CSM, click start and it will build a wad with your new files.

but just for using mods, you dont need to know how to use it - installing mods is simple and configuring them is getting better all the time

____
Tony

Yo Bruno, nice to see you again :)

4 years ago, when I joined you used to post more often. And do great updates for the tracks. Yeah things where always better in the old days ;-)

I don't know much about modding GPx. TBH am driving other things now, but I still love this community. If another GPx happens in 2007, I'd probably give it whirl.

As for GPx dying... I don't share the grim visions. Yes it will die off some day. Of course it will. And while the community is shrinking, there is still a lot of talent here, new stuff happening and so forth, and this place still gets well over 10.000 hits every single day, mostly between 12.000 and 15.000. The GP4 forum is still the forum that is the most active. The record number of page views was actually set this year, although it was most likely related to the start of the new F1 season.

If the GPx community has to die off, this place will have to die first. I do believe that we can determine the pace of that if we want to.

Speaking as a mod (coz thats what I know about), and I know I have said this before, but I'll do it again: I think the most important thing is how we treat each other and new people. Sometimes you hotheads give the new guys a really tough time. You know I love you all, but it's just such a bad idea, because a lot of people lurk before they join in. And we need new talent to pick up the ball when old timers eventually decide to pursue other interests.

It can be hard to switch from lurking to posting. It took me some months to get there. And every time it goes wrong for new a guy/girl, most of those that want to jump in see that... and probably wonder if that will happen to them too. So be nice to the new guys :). I was nice to most of you when you came here ;-)

And make good info files... I still have a ton of old mods and utils from years back, and they mostly have great instructions and so on. They do make it easier to get into modding of the sim.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2005 01:32PM by Morbid.
b-tone Wrote:
> Enzojz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Well , if the CSM can function single project
> like
> > a single car import/export , it will be cool
> , but
> > so far it's interface doesn't looks so
> friendly
> > and I don't even know how to use it.
>
>
> hmm, it can do anything so surely can do what you
> want
> for single cars, if you're working on them and
> testing in game then the best thing would be a
> test set. then with the right .ini's you would put
> the new files into a certain folder, then run CSM,
> click start and it will build a wad with your new
> files.
>
> but just for using mods, you dont need to know how
> to use it - installing mods is simple and
> configuring them is getting better all the time
>
> ____
> Tony
>
>

The problem is just the ini----it's not so user friendly as GP3Editor did
Date: June 30, 2005 02:35PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
unfortunately im still modding scgt and gp3 cause my pc hates gp4, but hell the mere fact athat people still play gp3 shows that the gpx series wont die soonish. You're right bruno as to the "draw" of the series - its without doubt the sort of smooth and great feeling of the car. I couldnt care less if its realistic or not, people said f1c was far more realistic but frankly it felt like driving a supercharged tractor through custard.

Btone has a very good point when he says: "theres a few forum members who seem to have made it their lifes mission to kill gp4, or atleast hurry the death along. to be replaced by rFactor"

I dont "fear" the death of gpx series but the people who say the above are being quite childish and frankly irritating in their comments. There was the same hype with f1c and while that was an improvement on previous f1x games, its pretty much dying at the same rate as gpx despite the easy modditaility of it. At the end of the day, one game will of course take over from gp4 but it will be the game and not speculation that does it
strongbow Wrote:
> Mini Maestro Wrote:
>
> > the game will rock and will embedd a few
> more
> > nails in the gp4 coffin.
>
> i guess i'll be afraid to install rfactor when it
> comes out then. if it's all that great, it just
> might seduce my wife, eat my breakfast and smoke
> my cigs away. *shudders*
>
> take it easy and play/mod what you like.
>

maybe it should take your cigs.....smoking is just.......oh well shorten your life if you must.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy