The end of the FW27!

Posted by intweb 
Re: Williams FW27 - BETA TEST VER. RELEASED!
Date: October 04, 2005 11:15PM
Posted by: intweb
No, sorry Kev, did you send to intweb@gmail.com?

Date: October 05, 2005 02:16AM
Posted by: F1Master
Check your mail Steve.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: October 05, 2005 12:33PM
Steve I tried to mail you some unedited pics, did you get them?

I have tried to send them twice but on both occasions I got sent back a message saying that it was unable to send mail to forwarding address.

There seems to be an issue sending attatchments as already stated.

WilliamsF1 Supporters

AMD Athlon64 3400, 512mb Corsair XMS3200LL memory, Asus K8V Deluxe mobo, Powercolor Radeon X800 Pro VIVO, 160G Maxtor HD, Soundblaster Audigy, Windows XP SP2.
Date: October 05, 2005 01:07PM
Posted by: Kev188
I´ve sent it to hotmail !!!
Date: October 05, 2005 01:42PM
I don't use that anymore (can't remember the password!).

Can you resend it in a zip file to gmail please?

Thanks.
Steve.
Date: October 05, 2005 05:33PM
I´ve sent you three mails !!!
I always got them back !!!
Date: October 05, 2005 09:03PM
Ok Kev, point taken!

Try this, just set it up :

intweb@hotmail.co.uk

:)
Date: October 06, 2005 02:52AM
Posted by: Karan19
came to this thread expecting a trial/beta version download link somewhere...but i guess its only available for select people. whats the point of getting all excited and saying "RELEASED!" when its not actually released to public?
Date: October 06, 2005 04:43AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
It will be well worth the wait, believe me.
Date: October 06, 2005 08:59AM
Sorry Karan19, 'beta' versions usually aren't released to the public, so the title saying that a beta version was availble, would traditionally intimate that it was only for a select few, it seems commonplace to release beta versions at the moment and carry out a lot of fixes on the 'live' car, but I preferred with this release to stick to traditional means and enlist the help of some very experienced (and enthusiastic) GP4 gamers to point out any flaws in the car through beta testing, then fix it before putting it up for general release.

Sorry to mislead you, but the good news is, due to the kind (and speedy) work of the beta testers, I am quickly amending the car and should be able to release a public 'alpha' version at the weekend, at the moment saturday is hopeful, although at worst case scenario (trying to reduce LODs, etc), it could be sunday evening, monday morning.

Either way, by early next week, it should be available on a number of sites for download. Then I'll start work on the versions up to and including next weekends Shanghai Grand Prix.

Once the season final is completed, I intend to have a look at the earlier cars and convert the hi-res shape back to release Melbourne to Indy versions. Also whilst looking at this, I plan to work on and release a fantasy two-seater version of the FW27, designated the FW27X - templates for repaints will be available with each version (including the FW27X) I release.

Thanks for all the interest.

Steve.
Re: Williams FW27 - BETA GROUP IN TESTING!!!!
Date: October 06, 2005 11:09AM
hi steve
will send you the pics as soon as I can,but I´m at school atm ,so I´m not able to do it now...
Hope my comments and tips aren´t too late.
As soon as I come home,I´ll send them over to this address !
bye
Kev
Date: October 06, 2005 01:08PM
Not too late Kev, still working on it - any tips, hints and pointers greatfully received!

Date: October 06, 2005 01:31PM
sent steve !!!
Date: October 06, 2005 03:21PM
Posted by: Goksly
Dont rush it now mate.
Date: October 06, 2005 03:27PM
Got it Kev - thanks!

Date: October 12, 2005 12:29AM
Any news on alpha release Steve?

WilliamsF1 Supporters

Date: October 12, 2005 12:37AM
Posted by: Button14
Dont meant to be mean steve, but this is dragging a bit, making people wait and building the hype is bound to cause anticlimax....

Date: October 12, 2005 08:25AM
Posted by: NuMbBrAiN
Please stop the suspense and release the car *waits eagerly with easywad to update cars.wad*. :)

Re: Williams FW27 - Upload this weekend.
Date: October 12, 2005 08:57AM
Have been away since the weekend, have remodelled the sidepod fronts, need to do the lower LODS and it'll be uploaded. Will be done and uploaded soon, should be available to the masses by this weekends GP.

Do you think it would be worth releasing each individual car in between? Or just a version of the car they are currently racing? I don't want to spend all the time with the small changes, if people aren't going to download it!

Thanks
Date: October 12, 2005 09:04AM
Posted by: fongu
well i'll use different versions :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy